Top players

mar1n3c0rp5

Internalling/merging is the biggest waste of tribal resources, and it stunts the growth of a tribe. The tribe has no more villages after the merge than it did before, and it now has 2 useless players who are solely focused on coming together to improve their own personal ranking.

What do you recommend they do then? If both players need a co and times mesh what should be done with the villages? Seems more reasonable to keep them in the tribe at a merge or quit than to just let them drift into greydom

sp.ag

What do you recommend they do then? If both players need a co and times mesh what should be done with the villages? Seems more reasonable to keep them in the tribe at a merge or quit than to just let them drift into greydom

Implement a merging rule? Its a much debated and disliked rule but some tribes do them, i.e one I have seen in other tribes and used myself in my tribes is - 50% of the merging players villages go to the tribe to hasten the merge and the 50% go to the person he/she is merging with, meaning that losses of troops from 50% of the given villages on the front are shared amongst other members, as well as avoiding a player being fully focused upon just merging and avoiding tribe objectives.

DeletedUser

Whoever said that the villages are earned is a complete fool. He litterly took freebies all the way to the top, he internalled enough villages of that of a top 20 account. Theres not really a point in the game if everyone did as what IamNoobKing did... it would more be a contest of who can noble more free villages than another. He is getting a massive lead from all of those, and its not really suprising considering 50% of his villages were gifted. There should be a rule about that in the future round.

Sorry for the rant... just annoying to see someone get that many freebies...

DeletedUser

Sounds like someone's mad because they weren't given 'free' villages.

DeletedUser

Whoever said that the villages are earned is a complete fool. He litterly took freebies all the way to the top, he internalled enough villages of that of a top 20 account. Theres not really a point in the game if everyone did as what IamNoobKing did... it would more be a contest of who can noble more free villages than another. He is getting a massive lead from all of those, and its not really suprising considering 50% of his villages were gifted. There should be a rule about that in the future round.

Jokes on you, all my villages were free. I remember it like it was yesterday.

K45 - 007. Squirtle (590|429) K45 3,585 RiseOfTheFallen [CCOS] IamN00bKing [Story] 2013-06-23 17:52:38

Dude had only off troops. I was up for 8hours dodging and backtiming attacks. Had enough to clear all of the D we had at the time. Didnt lose them, or a single nuke to the support from CCOS. Most stressful free village of them all.

K45 - 022. Fearow (583|416) K45 6,565 IamN00bKing [|l|l|l] IamN00bKing [|l|l|l] 2013-07-09 22:46:38

This dumb SoB literally just GAVE the village to me. I must say, dumbest player ever to let me noble it right after he did.

K46 - 002. Deadpool (602|425) K46 5,452 UNiCORN. IamN00bKing [|l|l|l] 2013-07-08 10:22:28

This one, not even a human. Believe it or not, he was a unicorn. Probably didnt even have the ability to hit the keys or click a mouse.

Best free village of all though...

K45 - 002. Ivysaur (597|428) K45 1,039 Barbarian IamN00bKing [Panda] 2013-06-11 12:04:38

16 hours of dodging and back timing, but... I got it. It was a miracle in itself.

I'm happy as can be to have such a good friend finally on the account with me. It makes this game just that much more fun. :)

DeletedUser

Someone is jealous :lol:

DeletedUser85711

Are they truely freebies if they player joins the account afterwards? I would say that those villages were indeed earned.

Are there a few people actually even arguing this? Haha

The villages were free to the account. How does another account working for it make it any less of an internal? Can't even believe this is a question.

DeletedUser

No one said they weren't internal......
I'm saying that each player earned their own villages and if it is in both their interests to merge, that shouldn't take away from the fact that said villages were earned by one of the players still playing with them.

(I'm talking about merges as a whole where both players continue to play and not a particular account)

DeletedUser105718

And that said account gets res from those villages, get more academies packets and keeps growing on his own without the troop loss for the villages in question. So er, yeah. They were free to that account and it really doesn't matter if the other account had to clear huge stacks for those villages. They are simply, in view of the said account, free. Not sure why you are even trying to debate it lol. It's like going into the store and buying stuff, or having someone buy it for you, which means you still have your money. :icon_idea:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your analogies is stupid. If you go to the store a have suff for free, its not the same as if you go to the store and you friend buy everything for you. Because in the second case, someone actually paid for the stuff you took.

DeletedUser105718

Your analogies is stupid. If you go to the store a have suff for free, its not the same as if you go to the store and you friend buy everything for you. Because in the second case, someone actually paid for the stuff you took.
Sorry, I forgot to edit the bit out when I changed it up :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser91224

Implement a merging rule? Its a much debated and disliked rule but some tribes do them, i.e one I have seen in other tribes and used myself in my tribes is - 50% of the merging players villages go to the tribe to hasten the merge and the 50% go to the person he/she is merging with, meaning that losses of troops from 50% of the given villages on the front are shared amongst other members, as well as avoiding a player being fully focused upon just merging and avoiding tribe objectives.

Thats a ridiculous rule. Especially on packet worlds, there is a lot to gain when merging accounts.

1. The player who is merged into gains the villages which they can now build more troops with.

2. The account merged into now gains the ability to make more nobles, thus the ability to noble more villages to dominate more area for the tribe, gaining more villages and troops for his/her tribe.

3. The account merged into now gains a second person to play the account, making the account more active. If the account is on the front, it minimizes losses if the account is on a war front, ensures there is always someone on to help with support, attacks, etc.

4. Merging drives the number of members in the tribe down. This can either allow for more recruits, or it just simply gets rid of a member so your tribe cant be called mass recruiters.

A merge does a lot for a tribe, most people just dont want to admit it because merging is commonly seen as a way to gain points, villages, and ranks faster.

DeletedUser105718

3. The account merged into now gains a second person to play the account, making the account more active. If the account is on the front, it minimizes losses if the account is on a war front, ensures there is always someone on to help with support, attacks, etc.

4. Merging drives the number of members in the tribe down. This can either allow for more recruits, or it just simply gets rid of a member so your tribe cant be called mass recruiters.
What? How's that even relatively relevant to what Luke said?

If the player you are merging into has like 100 villages later in the game, you're going to spend a lot of time merging into him, so of course some part of him should be given to the tribe so other players that are on front and need backline or just need a few more villages can get them. That's just pretty basic. :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

Thats a ridiculous rule. Especially on packet worlds, there is a lot to gain when merging accounts.

1. The player who is merged into gains the villages which they can now build more troops with.

2. The account merged into now gains the ability to make more nobles, thus the ability to noble more villages to dominate more area for the tribe, gaining more villages and troops for his/her tribe.

A merge does a lot for a tribe, most people just dont want to admit it because merging is commonly seen as a way to gain points, villages, and ranks faster.

As for point 1 - If you noble the villages and you instantly lose the troops that have been created... so it's actually a loss to the tribe. Are they able to make MORE troops than before? No.

As for point 2, (having the villages building more nobles)... Erm... the villages were already in the tribe and were happily making exactly the same number of nobles before the merge. Not sure if you thought this one out tbh. Ask any Duke that has had two players that own 500-1000 village accounts come to him and ask to merge their accounts. That Duke knows that he just lost 500-1000 nobles for his current war as those players will be concentrating on munching rather than firing at the frontline. It happens more often than you would think...

As for point 3, why don't you just go find new co-players in the first place?? We do it all the time in my other world.

As for point 4, Family tribes FTW!!! lol.

I'm just saying that any angle can be argued on this topic, so why don't we all just drop it and actually try discussing the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
All this merge stuff has come to light more on new worlds.

I would always go a step further with villages & that is all villages belong to the tribe you are just renting them. As you the player would have near zero growth unless you had the backing of the tribe.

My easiest gain to get a rank 1 tribe was to follow this path & to use it to relocate players when needed.

The problem with that is loyalty to the tribe which comes from a standard of play that very few new world players have sorry to say.

At the very least I would go with what sp.ag said if for nothing else it gives players more options & does not bring about a weak player who has sudenly gained a lot of troopless villages.

After all who does not reach rank one at the end of the world without nobling a few easy villages :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser91224

As for point 1 - If you noble the villages and you instantly lose the troops that have been created... so it's actually a loss to the tribe. Are they able to make MORE troops than before? No. As stated, wasnt talking about the benefit for the tribe. Although the troops are lost when the village is taken, the account can now build more villages with say 20 villages than it could with 10 villages. (Hypothetical statement)

As for point 2, (having the villages building more nobles)... Erm... the villages were already in the tribe and were happily making exactly the same number of nobles before the merge. Not sure if you thought this one out tbh. Ask any Duke that has had two players that own 500-1000 village accounts come to him and ask to merge their accounts. That Duke knows that he just lost 500-1000 nobles for his current war as those players will be concentrating on munching rather than firing at the frontline. It happens more often than you would think... Im talking about w69, not a world were there are multi mill accounts. Many dukes would rather you merge with a player in the tribe instead of getting a sketchy co nobody knows about. Personally I would also like to co with someone I already have an established friendship with through my tribe. And in my point 2 I was talking about the account merged into, not the tribe the account is in.

As for point 3, why don't you just go find new co-players in the first place?? We do it all the time in my other world. Read point 2.

As for point 4, Family tribes FTW!!! lol.

I'm just saying that any angle can be argued on this topic, so why don't we all just drop it and actually try discussing the topic.

Just because it can be argued, doesnt mean it should be. As far as I could tell, I wasnt arguing, but rather discussing why the merge rule is ridiculous in my opinion.

DeletedUser105718

Just because it can be argued, doesnt mean it should be. As far as I could tell, I wasnt arguing, but rather discussing why the merge rule is ridiculous in my opinion.
Pretty sure everyone hear meant multi million player merges :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

Players merging their way to the top is part of the game. If anyone in here can honestly tell me they wouldn't accept if another player offered to gift 60k worth of villages to them, then they are lying. Yes, IamNoobKing merged to the top. Can we do anything about that? Not really, no. It was a smart move on his part, and now that account has far more villages for very little in the way of cost.

I just look at it as a challenge. If I can keep up with the players that are merging their way to victory, with 3 or 4 'gifted' villages in total, then I must be doing something right. It's all about perspective. Just keep playing the game, and go earn yourself some food. :)

DeletedUser

I heard Sam is playing this world, can anyone confirm that?
we're doomed if he's playing tbh..