What makes a good leader?

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Having played tw, i've encountered different types people and different types of leaders but I always ask myself if this leader deserves my loyalty and utmost respect,...

Now i'm just curious on what makes a good leader?

Cheers guys and have fun posting

ashoka1

Having played tw, i've encountered different types people and different types of leaders but I always ask myself if this leader deserves my loyalty and utmost respect,...

Now i'm just curious on what makes a good leader?

Cheers guys and have fun posting

leaders Good Leaders Great leaders

Same Person can be a good or Bad leader for different people . But a great leader will be one who will be a Good leader for his entire team irrespective of his personal relations with them.

Besides other things leadership is about man management as HR is the modt precious resource in any field of life be it corporate world or a game like tw.

A leader might lead through official authority and power, yet just as often great leaders lead through inspiration, persuasion and personal connections.

Leadership is the art of achieving results which wouldnt have been achieved otherwise.

A good leader not only takes the lead, has courage, clarity of vision & ambition to succeed but also to take others along, motivate them and create self awareness amongst his team members so as to make them achieve challenging results as a team.

A good leader will make sure that his team has a great future but a great leader will make sure that his team enjoys present time to maximum while working hard to achieve a great future.

Without a good present there can never be a great future.

A good leader will lead his team to victory over n over again but a great leader will create a second line of leaders to take his place when he is gone.Leadership is all about creating system and processes which will carry on the organization long after the founding leader has gone.

A great leader will be different inside from outside.He should always praise his team in public and point out mistakes n sort issues in private.

I can keep on writing on leadership but that will be boring.
but imo a great leader is one who is able to make his members good team players.

Actions that good leaders avoid are:
1)Violation of dignity to individuals

2) mass punishment or ridicule of members
3) shirking the responsibility of checking his men's position & refusing yo sit thrir account when in need.
4) blaming the next higher in command for a rough and unsuccessful mission
5) blaming subordinates for a squad's failure in satisfactorily completing a specific mission

6) favoritism and moral weakness.

"
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
"
A Good example of this can be found in spam.An average spam members does not realize of any one is leading the tribe as a whole at this stage.

Last edited:

*Theodred*

A good leader is a competent leader
A great leader is a good leader with a personality

DeletedUser

I find it difficult to define a good leader. Many a good leader are only so due to the environment they have surrounded themselves with.

Within the context of TW, I believe a leader's primary job is to create and shape the social environment inside of a tribe. There are many different approaches how to do this and I believe that defines how good said leader is. The leaders who are best able to do this look great no matter what they do.

Other than that, I don't think I can really say what is a good leader and what isn't. My limited leadership experience with my own unique views on leadership only give me a narrow view on what is good and bad in leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I find it difficult to define a good leader. Many a good leader are only so due to the environment they have surrounded themselves with.

Within the context of TW, I believe a leader's primary job is to create and shape the social environment inside of a tribe. There are many different approaches how to do this and I believe that defines how good said leader is. The leaders who are best able to do this look great no matter what they do.

Other than that, I don't think I can really say what is a good leader and what isn't. My limited leadership experience with my own unique views on leadership only give me a narrow view on what is good and bad in leadership.

at first glance I as a player would not like to be in your tribe....but for some strange situation Im playing with you and following your directions.....LOlOLloLlll* anyways maybe your narrow view is your asset?

Im really curious on what is the leadership setup in unknown, they have many world winner players and fine warriors, its just sad that they can't consolidate their efforts in a proper objective and goal... :)

Last edited:

ashoka1

May be at one point of time Unknown had leadership.Now they don't.

They are not a tribe anymore and bet more then half accounts are either sat/red or just log in yo keep themselves green.

Never in my Tw experience I have seen such pathetic opponents.Nobling them is as bad as nobling barbs.

Last 3 days I was not here , only account manager was on my account for hours Paul dont cover and Guess what not a single take by enemy.

DeletedUser109217

as i see it having several leaders from other tribes and world winners all in one tribe would cause confliction as they would all have there own way of leading and playing so that alone would cause big problems as they would all wont to lead or have there say i may be wrong but thats what i think

DeletedUser

at first glance I as a player would not like to be in your tribe....but for some strange situation Im playing with you and following your directions.....LOlOLloLlll* anyways maybe your narrow view is your asset?

Im really curious on what is the leadership setup in unknown, they have many world winner players and fine warriors, its just sad that they can't consolidate their efforts in a proper objective and goal... :)

To give an example of my narrow views on things, I do not believe there is such a thing as a good player or a fine warrior. Given that there is a clear skill ceiling to Tribal Wars which most players can reach in about a month given the right environment, I believe most of the variation between different players is due to a few factors:

- Activity
- Motivation
- Coordination
- Loyalty

I believe that although each player has base stats for these characteristics, I think they are more influenced by circumstance than the player themselves. There are no good players, only good tribes that have environments that cultivate these traits and give the impression of high level play. This and the self-preservation instinct can explain most good players. The major difference between the players in SPAM and the players in ??? is that the former are in SPAM and the latter are in ???, not that one half of the world spawned better players in terms of the characteristics I mentioned above than the other half. There are plenty of players in SPAM that performed poorly in other tribes because that tribe was not right for them and vice versa.

DeletedUser112635

I think with a little practice ampac could actually be a good leader, maybe great :p
Maybe Ash too, both very sophisticated, a voice of authority, people will listen to you. your positions and points proove your good players but i have spoke quite a bit to both of you and you both always have good options of whatever i mailed you for help with.

between who is nemesis ign ?

ashoka1

Last edited:

DeletedUser112635

i,m usually on the forums on uk, as thats where i play speed, so i only recently created a .net forum to see if .net speed is coming back, this was on of the first threads i read so i only knew certain people by their ign, likes ampac is ampac, your is ashoka etc