Top 20 Players

DeletedUser

If you think a thread isn't worth posting in, then do us all a favor, piss off, and don't post in the thread.

Really it's that easy, we don't need your pompous wiseass comments.

There is all kinds of stuff in this world you don't want or need but are gonna get anyways cause guess what....
Yea that's life pal! I think you need to make it a job of yours to tell everyone not staying on topic or following all the pretty little rules the way you would like but I know that's simply irrational and am not going to entertain that you will.
So take a lesson from me grow up and get over the fact someone wanted to say this thread is for nubs arguing over who made the first basket in a basketball game and arguing over who's deserves MVP....... HA HA whatever

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You are missing my point, what I am stating is the thread seems to be more on about the top 20 accounts rather than the top 20 players. An example of this would be if you started two weeks late you would be well behind Pure-Havoc in terms of rankings, however that doesn't immediately make him a better player than you, just that he had a head start. I will clarify on my previous post, this thread seems more "focused" on top 20 accounts rather than top 20 players but this isn't to say that some of the top 20 accounts couldn't also be part of that list of top 20 players as most have definitly earnt and solidified there conquest at the top. I look forward to seeing some fresh names entering the top 20 soon and seeing what they can accomplish.

I understand there is nothing wrong in just sharing thoughts and ideas but some people seem to be looking into this with a mentality of "This player is trash because they have taken this many internals" while that opinion is perfectly valid I Personally would gladly take internals at this stage of the game so I could continue farming while gaining more villages but it is being considered a "lack of skill" or "selfish" to do such a thing by many people on the forums rather than it just being seen as luck for the individual who get's the gifted villas. I'd also like to point out that before we start to bring phrases in such as "Extreme elites" we wait for things to get a little more interesting and some decent wars to actually come up first as that will undoubtedly show what everyone can really do, although merely discussing which top 20 players will remain is relatively harmless these forums tend to go off-topic oh-so often.

is there a difference here? The top 20 players at startups can maintain their ranks their oda and their influence in this world if they want to( top tribes, top group teams, forum presence), but Top players account drop out in their rankings because of various reasons example are boredom, rl problems etc....The way that the top accounts are played now specially the top 3 ranks are being played as well oiled machine out for world domination, but we know what TW game is, its more of long term engagement, dedication....If top players fail to maintain this they will drop and fade away....

Even with all the upgrades and making TW user friendly, time and boredom is always the main enemy of an active player

DeletedUser

is there a difference here? The top 20 players at startups can maintain their ranks their oda and their influence in this world if they want to( top tribes, top group teams, forum presence), but Top players account drop out in their rankings because of various reasons example are boredom, rl problems etc....The way that the top accounts are played now specially the top 3 ranks are being played as well oiled machine out for world domination, but we know what TW game is, its more of long term engagement, dedication....If top players fail to maintain this they will drop and fade away....

Even with all the upgrades and making TW user friendly, time and boredom is always the main enemy of an active player

...What I am saying is at the stage of the game we are currently at the players who started in the core have a massive headstart than people closer to the rim (Obviously) If someone has started two weeks later than core members they might have gotten off to a great start and are a real promising player but we are over looking them because we limiting ourselves to the top 20. I believe in a few weeks time we will see some very interesting names up in that top 20 as the gap between the core players and the rim players begins to shrink.

That is all I have to say on the matter and it is just my opinion...

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Your right, point taken.....but with 16 continents, i think they will be in a huge disadvatage, unless they are farming 20 hours a day....Also you opinion is appreaciated.. :)

Rim and Core players...If your good your always be on the top

DeletedUser110464

Some slight changes in the top 20 recently now with 6 players over 100k points now. Seems like a tight race for the top few ranks.

8cda17d0b46a81ac864fb23d552525aa.png

Gotta say that the top 5 players here have been top 5 for quite a while, and all seem to be fairly capable players, although the biggest question is on Pain.Carbon with all those internals.

DeletedUser

As far as I'm aware, Pain.Carbon only has 2 internals. How many did you think he had?

DeletedUser110464

Oops I meant pure-havoc...the one in joker who has nobled almost entirely internals.

DeletedUser

Oops I meant pure-havoc...the one in joker who has nobled almost entirely internals.

haha. :D

I think Havoc and Ampac merged accounts, resulting in all the internals. He seemed like a capable player before the merge so I don't think he'll have a problem staying top 20 for a while.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There is all kinds of stuff in this world you don't want or need but are gonna get anyways cause guess what....
Yea that's life pal!

Indeed, learning not to whine about it though is something you apparently could learn to do.

dylar said:
So take a lesson from me

I don't take lessons, I give them.

Now, I'd advise getting out your notebook because here's an important one for you:

The best way to tell us that you think a thread is useless is to not participate in the thread, if enough people agree the thread is bound to fall off the first page and be forgotten about.

Whether you personally care for a thread or not is of zero importance if others find it interesting, these forums do not exist to serve your whims and fancies.

If you need the printed notes so as to help you better remember whether your posts are warranted in the future before making them please see me after class.

DeletedUser

Who posts a top 20 player thread at this point anyways?
It's like judging a players performance on the basketball court after 2 min into the first quarter....

I may visit here later when it's actually deserving of a real post. All the arguing over garbage. So amusing!

considering you keep coming back here and argue over garbage goes to show that what you say is not what you truly mean or does not hold credibility with yourself and therefore anything you state is invalid.

DeletedUser107808

Is this thread about the reasons why this thread shouldn't exist ?

If so, this thread shouldn't exist because people cant post their opinions in it.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

I'm co-playing Pure-Havoc, the logic here to gauge players is internals? Can you explain further...Im a barb nobler and internaller in previous worlds, i just want to know if this is wrong to do in TW, can you complain to morthy if members keep doing this?

you guys can check my accounts, my account name is ampac.

DeletedUser

I'm co-playing Pure-Havoc, the logic here to gauge players is internals? Can you explain further...Im a barb nobler and internaller in previous worlds, i just want to know if this is wrong to do in TW, can you complain to morthy if members keep doing this?

you guys can check my accounts, my account name is ampac.

I think the worry he is expressing is about how some people who only internal can not compete in the more competitive scene when those internals dry up. Ofc Internaling and barb nobling may all have its uses, but I for one would rather prioritize nobling high risk threats or other hostile farmers on my area than nobling barbs or internaling tribemates.

I don't think your merge into havoc has decreased any of your capabilities though. :p

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think the worry he is expressing is about how some people who only internal can not compete in the more competitive scene when those internals dry up. Ofc Internaling and barb nobling may all have its uses, but I for one would rather prioritize nobling high risk threats or other hostile farmers on my area than nobling barbs or internaling tribemates.

I don't think your merge into havoc has decreased any of your capabilities though. :p

well, yea but it has been brought up the issue about internals its there a silent TW code regarding this always they brought up the internals.., also i agree with your assesment regarding high risk threats and hostile farmers I agree they can be taken out but you gotta look at the tribe also, if tribe has a fast reaction time regarding defences and coordinated supporting with this in mind even test nuking on a certain target has consequences, we basically eliminated all hostile farmers near our area only way now is to expand on another area controlled by a tribe and I think that will show our potential...Unless someone quits and gives his villages again... LOL* :)

DeletedUser

+1.... its nice to see someone on the forums that understands life and therefor the game.

...What I am saying is at the stage of the game we are currently at the players who started in the core have a massive headstart than people closer to the rim (Obviously) If someone has started two weeks later than core members they might have gotten off to a great start and are a real promising player but we are over looking them because we limiting ourselves to the top 20. I believe in a few weeks time we will see some very interesting names up in that top 20 as the gap between the core players and the rim players begins to shrink.

That is all I have to say on the matter and it is just my opinion...

The point is if you start in the core, get a great startup and have a bit of luck then you can maintain your growth indefinitely. The gap does not necessarily shrink as the core player will generally have much better targets to take and build from. The rim players may well lessen the gap but I feel that does not have so much to do with skill but rather the points mentioned by Ampac meaning the growth of the current core top players will fall. There is a skill ceiling to be considered here. Any player currently in the top 10 at the very least is there for a reason and if they sustain commitment they would not be catchable by the "more skillful" rim players. It all comes down to tribe dynamics at the time that the rim players could catch up, so its not so much your individual skill level but your ability to work in a tribe.

DeletedUser

I have stated that I am "Taking nothing away from the core players" just that I expect fresher names to enter the top 20 very soon and the current top 20 are very well catchable as from personal experience I have found the rim to be much better growth than the core every single time. I don't believe anyone in this world is uncatchable at all and I believe that is an arrogant statement for anyone to make as this world is only a few months old.

The players currently in the top got there by some degree of skill, strategy, luck and commitment and I take my hat off too them but that list will always continue to change and if you disagree with me that is fine you have a right to but let's just monitor the top 10 over the next couple of months shall we?

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have stated that I am "Taking nothing away from the core players" just that I expect fresher names to enter the top 20 very soon and the current top 20 are very well catchable as from personal experience I have found the rim to be much better growth than the core every single time. I don't believe anyone in this world is uncatchable at all and I believe that is an arrogant statement for anyone to make as this world is only a few months old.

The players currently in the top got there by some degree of skill, strategy, luck and commitment and I take my hat off too them but that list will always continue to change and if you disagree with me that is fine you have a right to but let's just monitor the top 10 over the next couple of months shall we?

Copy that! We all know if your good regardless of location....You will become a top 100 player.

Btw i agree with your post.

Pain.Carbon

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Points per village
1 Pain.Carbon Random 179.743 24 7489
2 davidga33 ODA 177.450 24 7394
3 Im Not Fazed KOS 165.066 26 6349
4 Cold Comfort Random 154.778 24 6449
5 Lord Rudolph IKEA 142.425 22 6474
6 xStarStruck ODA 140.705 22 6396
7 Gaiaworld Random 139.991 19 7368
8 woise IKEA 137.589 21 6552
9 Todeskult Random 135.006 21 6429