Derailed Douchebaggery

DeletedUser13939

Your website lacks any type of order or organization. It's just a clump of random articles. The pretty colors was the only thing that kept my attention for the few seconds I was on there.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what the focus of the site is supposed to be. What audience are you trying to appeal to?

Kash2Smash

the target demographic is basically 20-40 years of age. i know the site is a bit scattered, but that all is going to get sorted in the coming weeks.

Kash2Smash

10409604_679214098839615_8566324077355492344_n.jpg

Derailed Douchebaggery is hiring GFX and VFX designers! If interested then click on the link below.
Should know anyone of the following software:
Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator .

Any other skill related software knowledge is welcome.
http://www.deraileddouchebaggery.com/apply-now.html

---------------------

Your job will be:
1) Updating the Home Page sliders according to recent submitted articles
2) Designing recruitment posters
3) Designing other website related logos etc.

---------------------

You will be earning:

1) No cash, sorry, at least not as this point
2) Letter of Recommendation (LOR) for Universities, and Resume Building
3) Internship certificate
4) Your name and pic on our website.

-----------------------

The reason I am posting this advertisement here is because TW Forums gave me a reason to start working on Photoshop and i know there are many designers here who have the potential to grow out of just designing signatures and COA's.

Contact me on my skype or apply directly on the website with TW as reference.
Mail me directly for any other clarifications as well: kashisharma@live.com

Asylum Escapee

what are those little squares with letters supposed to be

Kash2Smash

Payment through exposure is a bit of a farce ain't it?
farce is a strong word here, isnt it? :p well its hard to expect someone with good gfx skills on forums like these, thus exposure would be good for them as well, to understand how the demand and supply works in designing industry.

photoshop, adobe illustrator, in design, premiere pro, after effects
some of the softwares which i would expect from the applicants. Photoshop is a must, the rest are preferable add-ons.

If you're good at something don't do it for free.
well show me your portfolio and according to that we can strike a deal :)

xinryr

You would be better off posting this in the actual GFX section than here (if they allow you to advertise jobs there that is) because most of the good ones have stopped coming to OT.

Make sure you're keeping track of the fonts and brushes you are using, sources usually waive the intellectual property stuff, but if they don't there is a (really very small) chance that you could get in trouble for making money off of someone's brush or font without their permission. I'm not totally sure why you are concerned about what software your designers are using since it doesn't sound like you're requiring them to collaborate, but I'm not going to tell you how to live your life.

Payment through exposure is a bit of a farce ain't it?

Yes but (at least in the US) you usually have to do unpaid or barely-paid internships to get anywhere in most decent fields now. A lot of universities will give you course credit for some internships though.

They're the symbols of the software.

Last edited:

DeletedUser59586

Yes but (at least in the US) you usually have to do unpaid or barely-paid internships to get anywhere in most decent fields now. A lot of universities will give you course credit for some internships though.

Most US artists I know of pretty openly condemn that practice though. Kinda implies there is no value in their work.

Asylum Escapee

the big difference here is whether or not you are going to monetize your product. If you will be selling it or making money in some way, some of that should be going to the artist.

If you are just doing it for fun and won't be making any kind of money, then its fine to look for artists willing to do the same, just make sure you don't set your standards too high.

xinryr

Most US artists I know of pretty openly condemn that practice though. Kinda implies there is no value in their work.

Yeah it's pretty bad, but it makes the companies happy so it's unlikely that it's going to stop happening any time soon. They also aren't protected from sexual harassment and stuff by federal laws so in a lot of states they have no rights to sue, a few months ago New York City passed an amendment to protect them because the courts had ruled that they had no protections before it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TLI-Inferno

I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't been derailed by douchebags yet.