Discussion: Update to version 8.26

DeletedUser656

Update to version 8.26

Dear players,

Our next update is coming soon. It will be released on Monday, the 1st of September, between 10:00 and 11:00. As usual, this means that the worlds will be unavailable for a couple minutes.

We have continued working on improvements from the previous version, as well as a new feature helping bigger accounts and notifications for mails and achievements.
The stockpile distributor won't be activated with this update, we feel more time is needed to activate it in the best conditions.

Ingame notifications for achievement progress and new mails

9116556aa1cc556d.png

Added a notification system that will keep you informed when you make significant progress towards a new achievement or achievement level.
It will also give you a notification when you have a new mail, who it is from, and what the subject is.
Please note that this is separate from the "Browser notifications" feature.

New: Dynamic Village Groups

We've got a new feature for larger accounts: dynamic village groups.
Rather than creating groups of villages manually, you'll now be able to set up your account to sort villages into groups automatically - using filters that you define.
These are some of the filters that you'll be able to use:

• Does the village have any incoming attacks?
  • How many, and what kind of units does this village have? Example: use this to create a group that gets automatically populated by villages that have a full army.
  • Village contains buildings of a certain type and level Example: use this to determine which villages are still in need of being built up.
  • What continent is the village on?
Some Dynamic Groups will be set up for you by the system to give you a headstart. These will be: "Full Offense", "Has Nobleman" and "Incoming Attack". (Note: these won't be set up if there is already a group with the same name)
The existing village groups will still be available as "manual groups".
Note that Village Groups are a part of the Premium Account.

Other

- When recruiting multiple units, the unit costs and recruitment time will be updated to reflect the total for the amount of units you will recruit.
- If you don't have enough resources for a Construction or Recruitment order, the resource you lack will be shown in red so that you know what's stopping you.
Here's an image of those two changes combined:
e3454b53a243abfa.png
- Recognised URLs in messages and forum posts will now be wrapped in tags automatically upon submission...ge replacements and improvements - Bug fixes

DeletedUser102425

Very interested in seeing how the implementation of dynamic village groups turn out.

DeletedUser113220

Was really looking forward to Stockpile,

Also, In AM I can set villages to give other villages res at a certain time and saw its capped at 50 Actions.

Could this be expanded in the future?

DeletedUser

The dynamic groups and recruiting res/time changes sound great :)

DeletedUser

Looking forward to test out the dynamic groups, sad the stockpiler ain't finished yet. "how hard can it be ? - Clarkson" :D

DeletedUser114879

Looking really good. I hope it doesn't come unfinished and give some damage to anything. And its really is sad the stockpiler is not ready yet.

And one little request: In account manager at "Construction" and "Research" parts on top the villages there is this small but really useful box

4253e807188145e88803dbf1121abe12.png

that allows players to select all villages without having to go end of the page. But for "Troops" section we have to go to end of page. Is it possible to select it like other parts.

It would be great if you could add that box to there and save us from that trouble for going end of page for picking every troop templates.

Edit After seeing update: The Dynamic groups are amazing! But "Full Offence" shouldn't show only the ones has reached 24k exact popuation. It should be something with limit like over 23k so after a little amount of troops died it wouldn't disappear from the group.

Edit2: Now I see its something you already can set yourself which makes the dynamic groups even better.

Last edited:

malteseowl

Dynamics Groups

Looking really good. I hope it doesn't come unfinished and give some damage to anything. And its really is sad the stockpiler is not ready yet.

And one little request: In account manager at "Construction" and "Research" parts on top the villages there is this small but really useful box

4253e807188145e88803dbf1121abe12.png

that allows players to select all villages without having to go end of the page. But for "Troops" section we have to go to end of page. Is it possible to select it like other parts.

It would be great if you could add that box to there and save us from that trouble for going end of page for picking every troop templates.

Edit After seeing update: The Dynamic groups are amazing! But "Full Offence" shouldn't show only the ones has reached 24k exact popuation. It should be something with limit like over 23k so after a little amount of troops died it wouldn't disappear from the group.

Can you please make DYNAMICS GROUPS optional - I already use thirty-two MANUAL GROUPS and this DYNAMIC GROUPS is quite simply getting in the way.; I do not use it and doubt if ever I will as my current system ideally suits my needs having been refined over the life of this world.

Barney.Stinson I 100% agree about amending TROOPS to be similar to CONSTRUCTION - it really is painful having to go to the end of the page, especially as new Windows 8.1 "grabs" if your mouse touches the side of the screen (if you are not careful), really annoying (I do not recommend 8.1 for this and other reasons :])

gn0me

As always nice to see improvements being made and tested.

I would like to be able to enter troop numbers in the recruit screen without having to reclick the box between each digit, you know, like the old days before the useless calculation of how many resources its going to cost me for 1, then ten, then 100 axes when all I want to do is type 1000 and move on. I don't mind 'useless' improvements as long as they don't interfere with me. Maybe someone else finds them helpful.

While I'm here, I might as well share another gripe from the last update:
When forwarding reports to my comrades I'd like to not have to wait for that green confirmation strip to disappear before I can shift to the next report. Can you make it appear ANYWHERE else on the page except in front of the report navigation buttons?

Cheers in advance.

halko

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Dynamic groups are awesome, but I'd appreciate if you could consider:
  • Adding OR logic. I want an "Incomplete" group, but currently the "Contains building" filter applies AND logic. I do not want 15 individual groups for villages that are missing x building.
  • Adding the same as above, but for research - currently there's no research level support at all.
  • Adding a "Contains a nobleman, or has a nobleman in transit" option.
  • Ability to create a dynamic group that does *not* consist of other groups. You can create a group from other groups, but not a group without groups.
Minor niggle - would also be nice to have >= and <= logic.

Awesome update though, thanks!

Last edited:

DeletedUser94483

One change I would like to see is an ungrouped/low loyalty option...Sometimes I do not feel like changing the names of the villages before I begin producing troops and sometimes that just mixes it in..It would be similar to the am feature that lets you see what villages have low loyalty...or if you forget that one village and keep missing it having an ugrouped section would allow you to go that that group and find all the ones with no groups or low loyalty and easily assign them where you want.

DeletedUser40757

One change I would like to see is an ungrouped/low loyalty option...Sometimes I do not feel like changing the names of the villages before I begin producing troops and sometimes that just mixes it in..It would be similar to the am feature that lets you see what villages have low loyalty...or if you forget that one village and keep missing it having an ugrouped section would allow you to go that that group and find all the ones with no groups or low loyalty and easily assign them where you want.

There is an option for villages without a manual group assignment.

DeletedUser94483

Loyalty still stands...I should spend more then a cursory glance at it though if I missed something typed out that long.

DeletedUser40757

I agree, loyalty would be a good filter, along with some not in group x, and being able to define a point range, instead of just one criteria for points.

malteseowl

It is completely optional.

The DYNAMICS GROUP does NOT appear to be optional - only the sub-groups are (and I opted out of them); the DYNAMICS GROUP takes priority over MANUAL GROUPS (i.e it defaults to DG when opening GROUPS page). I have checked GAME OPTIONS and everywhere I can look but can find no place to opt out of even showing DYNAMICS GROUP or of bringing MANUAL GROUPS as default.

DeletedUser

The DYNAMICS GROUP does NOT appear to be optional - only the sub-groups are (and I opted out of them); the DYNAMICS GROUP takes priority over MANUAL GROUPS (i.e it defaults to DG when opening GROUPS page). I have checked GAME OPTIONS and everywhere I can look but can find no place to opt out of even showing DYNAMICS GROUP or of bringing MANUAL GROUPS as default.

I'd suggest creating a quickbar item to link to a page that you often visit:

Code:
{game}mode=groups&screen=overview_villages&type=static

malteseowl

I'd suggest creating a quickbar item to link to a page that you often visit:

Code:
{game}mode=groups&screen=overview_villages&type=static

Thought of that but the page defaults (in its' priority) to what I do NOT want :{ but thanks for the input :}

EDIT: ADDED:
Had a re-think and got what I wanted, your idea was spot-on. Thank you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser102425

I've noticed an issue with dynamic groups, specifically the offense/defense option and contains nobleman option.

Here's an example:
In W76 my main village is mainly offense but contains a basic defense of 150 spears, 150 swords.
Today when I sent out my nuke and noble train I noticed two things: First, my village became classified as defensive because a majority of the troops in the village were defense at the time. Second, the village was not classified as containing noblemen because they were out of the village. I feel like it should somehow take into account troops outside of the village as well, otherwise it's a bit misleading.