War on the rim, will anyone care?

DeletedUser

On January the 3rd, rim tribe Aftermath (-ATMH- )decided that, having been rebuffed at merging into MagNum (Mags), they wanted to punish the stronger tribe.

War name: Clearing our continent

Declaration:
We're here to stay and this continent isn't big enough for all of us...

Not being complete fools, the outer rim tribe convinced Death to join in. Unfortunately for both of those tribes, both Commandos (Bulls) and Saints and Soldiers 2 (S.A.S2) have declared on the side of MagNum. Even worse, top players from Death (yeah, 3k points is "top") who've exhausted themselves fighting rimward are being nobled from coreward.

One thing is certain. Death and Aftermath were no more prepared to launch a war than they are capable of carrying it out. MagNum itself has tallied more ODA than those two tribes combined. The way I remember it, a tribe starting a war is supposed to have a devastating first hit. Of course, this early, there isn't much point to a hit, as it can't result in a village conquest, eh?

Will all the tribes exhaust themselves to no point? Will core tribes eat empty 3k villages? Will anyone care?

DeletedUser

Well, Death decided they didn't care that much either and have exited the war, as did S.A.S2. So, Commandos and Mags are still rim-slapping with Aftemath, for some minor amusement.

DeletedUser

Thanks, S1cky! Missed you, too!

To clarify, folks, when I said "So, Commandos and Mags are still rim-slapping with Aftemath, for some minor amusement," my intention was to indicate that both side were simply 'slapping' each other to no end (no nobles out on the rim) rather than to imply that Mags and Commando were the only ones doing any 'slapping'.

My apologies for my lack of clarity in this fringe dispute.

DeletedUser

Because no one had nobles, there are no meaningful war stats. There are ODA and ODD, but that does just amount to 'rim-slapping' -- killing troops on both sides with no one gaining in the process.

DeletedUser

Good news for core players- Rim is content to bicker and squabble pre-nobles. Invade any time.

DeletedUser

Good news for core players- Rim is content to bicker and squabble pre-nobles. Invade any time.
Hazmat is already on the way. It was a silly fight. In the midst of it, our tribe (noobish at that) fell apart due to an internal squabble about whether to fight or not. The sensible ones contended that it was as you say. I started as a hard-head (I used to hold grudges, but have learned not to) and when I go us to at least stop fighting Death, the tribe collapsed. Ah, just like an episode of 'Days of Our Lives', except no adultery.... that we know of!