Discussion: Update to version 8.33.4

A Perfect Circle

We sent a mail to the affected players prior to the update.

but I did not get a mail Morthy, and I was affected.

Why do you constantly remove scripts with updates?

We don't.

Who does then?

Because a community poll can't change the security model of the internet.

So you expect me to believe that every update is for "security"?

Why was this update not pointed out on the login screen like all other updates are?

It was.

When? For how long? An hour? I actually read the news at the bottom of the login and I have zero recollection of any update.

DeletedUser656

but I did not get a mail Morthy, and I was affected.

Who does then?

So you expect me to believe that every update is for "security"?

When? For how long? An hour? I actually read the news at the bottom of the login and I have zero recollection of any update.

If you did not receive a mail, then you did not have a script with over 10k characters in your Quick Bar when the warning was sent out a couple of weeks ago.

The only time we have ever removed a script from your Quick Bar is on this one occurrence, and only if it was over 10k characters. You claimed we constantly do this. We don't.

The update is not for security. Your browser will soon start refusing to load a script if it is not hosted securely. We cannot override this.

The front page news post about the update is there right now.

Really, it seems like you're trying your hardest to raise your pitchfork over something very small. Your over-exaggerations don't help anyone.

A Perfect Circle

If you did not receive a mail, then you did not have a script with over 10k characters in your Quick Bar when the warning was sent out a couple of weeks ago.

Fine

The only time we have ever removed a script from your Quick Bar is on this one occurrence, and only if it was over 10k characters. You claimed we constantly do this. We don't.

Okay, remove was the wrong word, how is RUIN. Does that make more sense to you?

The update is not for security. Your browser will soon start refusing to load a script if it is not hosted securely. We cannot override this.

So I ask why you never have a poll or discussion prior to updates, you answered that it would not change the security model for the Internet, so I then say that I do not believe that all updates are for security and finally you now say that this update was not for security reasons??

The front page news post about the update is there right now.

After the fact... Thanks for the post knowledge.

Really, it seems like you're trying your hardest to raise your pitchfork over something very small. Your over-exaggerations don't help anyone.

You mean they do not help you? This game has notoriously screwed over scripts time and time again. I vented my frustration that once again I do not have the tools I had the day before. Rather then help me or others you would rather go on the attack and make us feel stupid. Something you have done for years Morthy. You have always acted like a jerk when anyone voiced any opinion that was anything other then your own.

Last edited:

DeletedUser656

There was a bug affecting some scripts which was patched and fixed as soon as people reported it via a ticket.

Your browser will not load an insecurely hosted script because of the security model built into browsers. We cannot change that.

The post on the homepage has been there since before the update.

I am sorry if you feel like you've been attacked. I have merely been pointing out that most of the things you've posted have been factually incorrect and extremely misleading to others. I haven't attempted to comment on your opinions, only your statements. This is why if you encounter a problem you should create a bug ticket instead of posting on the forums with assumptions of our evil and intent to ruin the game.

Completely fine:

"Damn, it sucks that we have to make changes again."

Not so great:

"Damn, it sucks that we have to make changes again. Why is Tribal Wars removing every script and turning it into a premium feature? Tribal Wars has a complete disregard for what players want."

A Perfect Circle

You just had to stick in that last put down in didnt you?

DeletedUser105718

You just had to stick in that last put down in didnt you?
Boo hoo.

Stop complaining and write your own scripts. You can't expect gave developers to disregard any changes just in case they are going to break something that users coded in themselves. Scripts aren't an official part of tribalwars. If you don't write your own scripts. They you have no right to complain at all as you've been using someone else's work.

DeletedUser

TW needs to be more customer oriented than cost oriented. It's premium users that keep them afloat, so why do they repeatedly make us suffer? If they want more compact scripts stored per user, then they should publish the parameters to java functions they store for typical functionality: fake generation, scout/fake launching, attack tagging, etc.

DeletedUser

Okay, I am going to ask the following..

Where was my mail warning me about this update?

We sent a mail to the affected players prior to the update.

I GOT NOTHING

Why was this update not pointed out on the login screen like all other updates are?

It was.

Why do I need to learn a whole new system to use some scripts?

You don't. Script authors need to ensure their scripts are available on https. If you're a script author, you should know how to do that.
Some people like me barely know javascript but have managed to piece enough together to make customized rally point scripts. I got my scripts to work again. Hopefully it stays that way. I have no idea with the PROMISE of messing with it more. But, I can tell you I did not know about the difference in security. I just host the stuff on a free german server. Why would I care anything about security. It is FREE! :p

ALSO, THERE ARE MANY GOOD SCRIPTS THAT I DON'T HAVE FULL CODE FOR. THOSE ONES ARE NOW BROKEN AND I AM DEPENDENT ON SCRIPT AUTHORS TO UPDATE. I MAY NEVER GET THEM AGAIN UNLESS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THEM MYSELF. SCRIPT AUTHORS ARE DWINDLING IN TW AND IT IS BECAUSE OF NONSENSE LIKE THIS.

Why could you not leave the old scripts alone?

Your browser will refuse to load the old scripts. It's not a restriction from us. We're providing the warning.

WHAT? I don't even understand that statement. My browser worked fine until you guys changed the game. Blaming the browser. really???!!!

Why do you constantly remove scripts with updates?

We don't.

You do. What did we gain here? Oh, wait a second of faster load time that was not needed.

Tribal Wars has lost the numbers it had in years past, do you think that the constant updates drive players away, and that maybe just maybe holding on to the players you have might be worth more then looking for new players with fancy updates?

Tribal Wars has maintained steady player counts for years.

yes, because we are too addicted to quit despite the BS. I was very close this time though. And if you break my scripts to a point I can't fix them on my server I WILL.

Why is there never a poll or discussion PRIOR to these updates so you can see what the "community" would think of them?

Because a community poll can't change the security model of the internet.
Answers in bold.

Again, this has to do with your game not the browser. stop blaming the browser!

DeletedUser105718

WHAT? I don't even understand that statement. My browser worked fine until you guys changed the game. Blaming the browser. really???!!!

"Hey guys, I don't know anything about internet browsers, scripts or anything technical. But I do know you're wrong!"

*hint* If you don't understand how something works, don't start making claims about it. *hint*

You win a potato.

SIqCk1b.png

Enjoy.

DeletedUser

Slowthinker hush. All you do is bash everyone. Everyone has opinions. Anyways morthy i didnt get a mail or warning about you guys making yet again another unessecary update to the game. This game is going down hill.......simple marketing technique....you want success you make smart business moves and they mainly involve the customer. Your customers are the players and guess what we are not happy with most of the changes TW has made to the game. You say polls wont work....how would you guys know if you don't try? You all make changes for you and not the gamers here.

You got called out by A Perfect Circle, and others and when you responded with your answers to them they were short and to be honest horrible answers.....we deserve long and actual detailed answers...not just "yes i did" "we warned you" and so on...

im not the only one that is upset with this Morthy....we all want explanations with what is going on with TW anymore.

DeletedUser656

Slowthinker hush. All you do is bash everyone. Everyone has opinions. Anyways morthy i didnt get a mail or warning about you guys making yet again another unessecary update to the game. This game is going down hill.......simple marketing technique....you want success you make smart business moves and they mainly involve the customer. Your customers are the players and guess what we are not happy with most of the changes TW has made to the game. You say polls wont work....how would you guys know if you don't try? You all make changes for you and not the gamers here.

You got called out by A Perfect Circle, and others and when you responded with your answers to them they were short and to be honest horrible answers.....we deserve long and actual detailed answers...not just "yes i did" "we warned you" and so on...

im not the only one that is upset with this Morthy....we all want explanations with what is going on with TW anymore.

If you give me your account name and world I'll be happy to check into why you didn't receive the 10k character limit mail.

Please read the blog post I linked as it explains why a poll will not help the requirement of scripts hosted securely.

DeletedUser102496

Gotnoname almosts cries himself to sleep at night :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

DeletedUser

If you give me your account name and world I'll be happy to check into why you didn't receive the 10k character limit mail.

Please read the blog post I linked as it explains why a poll will not help the requirement of scripts hosted securely.

Is this seriously all u have to say? Way to ignore what i said and asked. Arceus w78 w80. Also no one had a problem with scripts and their browsers before till this horrible update. I want you to actually take more than 2 minutes next time to reply to what i originally said and asked please. One more thing sir, you said in an earlier post that tw has consistent member numbers......ummm no its gone down. A lot.

DeletedUser656

Is this seriously all u have to say? Way to ignore what i said and asked. Arceus w78 w80. Also no one had a problem with scripts and their browsers before till this horrible update. I want you to actually take more than 2 minutes next time to reply to what i originally said and asked please. One more thing sir, you said in an earlier post that tw has consistent member numbers......ummm no its gone down. A lot.

Your longest script is 709 characters long. As stated, we only mailed players who had scripts over 10k characters in length because those were the only scripts that would be removed.

It is my belief that your points have been answered in the blog post I linked to. While any changes are undesirable, I think it does explain why they are in fact necessary.

DeletedUser

Your longest script is 709 characters long. As stated, we only mailed players who had scripts over 10k characters in length because those were the only scripts that would be removed.

It is my belief that your points have been answered in the blog post I linked to. While any changes are undesirable, I think it does explain why they are in fact necessary.

Well guess what only 2 of my scripts work....so scripts less than 10k still dont work for me....so im right.. im not arguing im saying that 10k rule still most my scripts dont work and they are under 10k....explain? Im not the only one worried about the state of tw anymore....also im sad that you didnt take the time to answer my PM message to you weeks ago. Check ur inbox.

DeletedUser656

Well guess what only 2 of my scripts work....so scripts less than 10k still dont work for me....so im right.. im not arguing im saying that 10k rule still most my scripts dont work and they are under 10k....explain? Im not the only one worried about the state of tw anymore....also im sad that you didnt take the time to answer my PM message to you weeks ago. Check ur inbox.

If you're having troubles getting a particular script to work, please submit a support ticket so we can check it.

DeletedUser

If you're having troubles getting a particular script to work, please submit a support ticket so we can check it.

Will you please answer me in PM? I mailed u on here a week ago or so. Respond please.

DeletedUser115697

Is everyone just complaining for the sake of complaining?

It's not even questions anymore, just moaning. About what, the whole TW is only about money and not about customers? Aren't they the ones who put out every odd non p2w world specifically because of the community demand and i mean, they are a company, they are here to make money, if they don't, they die.

And if you have a problem, probably best to write a ticket instead of here :icon_rolleyes: