Discussion: Update to version 8.33.4

DeletedUser656

Morthy, when trying to securely load a graphic from the "cdn" subdomain, I get deterred with this:

[spoil]
10b2f62df1e98e5227a0281beacdff30.png
[/spoil]

(i.e. resultant from following https://cdn.tribalwars.net/8.20/20029/graphic/questionmark.png)

Perhaps there's something you can do to help.

We haven't used cdn.tribalwars.net for over a year. Please use window.image_base if possible, or https://www.tribalwars.net/graphic/questionmark.png

Prometheus

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
Guys, I know you may not like this update, but it is for the betterment of the game. Securing scripts will make sure people can't hack into your account. I for one and happy inno did this. It may be trouble right now, but in the long run it helps the game. Good job inno.

DeletedUser112079

Guys, I know you may not like this update, but it is for the betterment of the game. Securing scripts will make sure people can't hack into your account. I for one and happy inno did this. It may be trouble right now, but in the long run it helps the game. Good job inno.
Dan please stop trolling.

nowitsover

Even if it may not be directly related to the last update, I have to ask if you who are developing this game has future plans of integrating the most necessary scripts built into the game?

(I am asking about a real integration, not a few ingame improvements which do not suffice in comparisation with many of the used scripts in the game).

This way, all the prem users have access to them and we all can once and for all drop this occational "Inno is ruining this or that". All players who have the interest of getting good at this game would also have the same access to the necessary tools to compete on (more or less) equal base.

^ Hope what I wrote made somewhat sence..

DeletedUser

Even if it may not be directly related to the last update, I have to ask if you who are developing this game has future plans of integrating the most necessary scripts built into the game?

(I am asking about a real integration, not a few ingame improvements which do not suffice in comparisation with many of the used scripts in the game).

This way, all the prem users have access to them and we all can once and for all drop this occational "Inno is ruining this or that". All players who have the interest of getting good at this game would also have the same access to the necessary tools to compete on (more or less) equal base.

^ Hope what I wrote made somewhat sence..

It's an interesting and valid question.

You can find some information relating to this
here.

DeletedUser117049

Perhaps rather then bashing Inno, we step back and take a look at how much they have improved the game to suit many different levels of player. Maybe we should look at bit into the competition why not try out this gem. http://www.travian.com/
Once you finished cleaning up all the puke you experience from the total garbage you are exposed to in the game you will see how good we actually have it here. As it seems, its a no win situation for the Inno people. People demand updates to the game features, but then face an uproar when things change as well. The only way they can continue to make improvements would be to have a clear understanding of what everyone is desiring.

Just want to re-touch one subject:
"Tediousness shouldn't be a way to balance the attacker/defender relationship. Making someone quit because they don't want to deal with the hours of work your fakes represent isn't how we think the game should be played. If that person wants to spend hours on it to deal with them the best they can, that's something different, but a basic, convenient solution should exist. We are currently looking into new ways to make late-game wars less time-draining."

• Make the map 360 degrees. This will not only speed the world's up, but will massively decrease late-game war times as travel times can be significantly reduced. Yes I know, there is a thread about this already, but just bringing this all back round for thought. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?226115-Wrapping-worlds&p=6833454&viewfull=1#post6833454
  • While I completely understand the to much time invested sifting through gobs of fakes, this is why we have fake limit worlds. Host more of them and players wont need to deal with fakes. They have their place in a game where there is a built in label function on the rally.
"This is why recently we've been trying to resolve the issues above by integrating popular and useful functionality directly into the game: so it's more reliable, easy, accessible for all, and safe."
  • This should be a no brainer. Anyone using a hosted script can appreciate the fact it is hosted by a secured site. Who knows what types of things can lurk in user-defined/hosted scripts.
Personally, I'd say thanks for keeping the game going. While there is indeed a lot of work to be done and it is a never ending process, I still find it just as appealing to teach new members how to play this game as it is to play myself. The only way we can have this game is by bringing in new members. As many of you know, the ultimate noble in the game is real life, and any way to mediate the time spent between here and there is a huge win for everyone new and old. Without these new players, tribes, wars, worlds would just fizzle out as people moved onto other things. As long as Inno listens and players openly discuss this shouldn't be too complicated.

Last edited:

dalesmckay

Morthy, when trying to securely load a graphic from the "cdn" subdomain, I get deterred with this:

[spoil]
10b2f62df1e98e5227a0281beacdff30.png
[/spoil]

(i.e. resultant from following https://cdn.tribalwars.net/8.20/20029/graphic/questionmark.png)

Perhaps there's something you can do to help.

The above warning message is due to a Self Signed SSL Certificate being used to secure the subdomain.
NOTE: an SSL Certificate is what you need to activate https on a server domain/subdomain.

Anybody that is going to be hosting their own scripts needs to be aware of this.
Make sure your web server is signed by an official SSL Certificate from a recognized provider (such as Verisign).

If you do not, then everybody using your hosted script will get a similar warning message from their web browser.
The warning message can only be avoided if you acknowledge that you understand the potential risk and click the "Add Exception" button.

Asylum Escapee

only in Tribalwars would players complain about an incredibly basic update, which essentially changes nothing, and is required for things to work properly.

Actually, I think that just the mere use of the word 'scripts' in any update will cause an uprising of the same clueless people who don't know what they are talking about.

DeletedUser94483

Well to be fair there was a bug when it first came out that people probably associated with the words in the update announcement.

The others that should know better and are complaining you got me there Asylum.