A Loyal Nemesis

panamakid

so far we haven't seen one war where the two parties measure up equally and go back and forth on the battlefield.

I have to disagree with this.

The problem is that when you go back and forth too long during war, people lose interest in the fact that they're not gaining any ground. There is a threshold for that timeframe. The reality is every war in this game is a war of attrition, and little more. It very rarely has to do with who has the better the players, who is the better strategist, the better leader, the wisest, etc. If that were the case, the top tribe in every world would have those qualities, and all the leaders who had those qualities would assume the top position for their tribe. Neither of those are universally true though.

My opinion is that the truest measure of success is the dedication of the overall tribe. Pure and simple dedication, regardless of skill, experience, tactics, etc. This is hard to measure, however, because of real life (both legitimately and as a bullshit excuse) can unpredictably get in the way. So your most dedicated one day will need to tend to their ill parents the next day.

Unfortunately for loyal, their fate was sealed when they took on Warpro and all those other fake Yay! members who then turned on their own tribe. They didn't stop to think that what they were bringing into their tribe, were the exact kind of quitters and excuse makers that will destine them for failure. Those people don't want a hard fight. They want an easy one. A hard fight will cause them to clam up, get nervous, "forget" log in, and start posting for a "sitter until they can sort themselves out."

The proof is in the pudding now.

OTDDeathAwaits

I have to disagree with this.

It very rarely has to do with who has the better strategist, the better leader, the wisest, etc. If that were the case, the top tribe in every world would have those qualities, and all the leaders who had those qualities would assume the top position for their tribe. Neither of those are universally true though.

Thanks Panama :icon_cool: :icon_cry::lol:

panamakid

Woah woah woah, I said rarely. You're that rare exception :)

Hah, seriously though, this world is shaping up according to a vision/plan you've been working at for the past year. If that isn't strategic leadership, don't know what is.

OTDDeathAwaits

Loyal still have 16108 Villages and 46 members, dont count them out just yet! They still have some amazing players! Lapakas, Warpro and despite Yogibear taking a proper hiding he had little stacking in places and had masses of attacks come his way... few would manage. So it isnt exactly an indication of his skill-set either. He is working on bare bones but still causing as much hassle as he can with his hurrah! Even if he loses the village and recaps it and knows he's delaying the inevitable - he does it anyway.

The true difference is in the cohesion of the tribes, somehow we have managed to knit together(I think Growth also exudes this). Truly a band-of-brothers has formed, nuking, sniping(for eachother) and not for 1 second questioning or pausing to think if the leadership are making the correct strategic call. Just jumping in feet first.

It is a sad state of affairs though when the enemy Duke is having to defend the tribe he is at war with.

OTDDeathAwaits

Two sets of stats - The propoganda play where we include Endz and Goplay despite their dismissals...

Side 1:
Tribes: NME
Side 2:
Tribes: Loyal
Players: Endz, goplayfarmville

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 383
Side 2: 19
Difference: 364

Then the stats without them...Still good.

Side 1:
Tribes: NME
Side 2:
Tribes: Loyal

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 264
Side 2: 19
Difference: 245

DeletedUser47445

tumblr_inline_n2unoly6lK1srv5pa.gif

DeletedUser117283

Less internals...more war caps. NME might earn some respect stepping out of their comfort zone. But in saying thats, a handful of a members aren't scared of throwing down. It's just when you have players that are known just for barbs and internals...

Are we out of our comfort zones now :icon_surprised:. i still cant tell :icon_rolleyes:

panamakid

Are we out of our comfort zones now :icon_surprised:. i still cant tell :icon_rolleyes:

I don't think so. I schooled these clowns on the day of 1000 snipes

Snipes1_zpsdzyhnrhz.png

Snipes2_zpspncvbaqh.png

And after that pathetic failure on "loyals" part Mystery Nuke comes on the forums talking about how he hasn't seen me do anything worthwhile. Which is hilarious because it reminded me of...

9519435120_2895a62a3a_b.jpg

So mystery nuke, consider changing your name to The Black Knight :)

DeletedUser116902

Mystery Nuke has been nothing but talk since the beginning of this topic rofl

DeletedUser

He will be forced into action sooner or later one would think :icon_eek:

well seeing the END of ENDZ and GOFARMPLAY with hungrywolf's 800 villas sitting so close? I just thank my lucky stars I don't have to depend on him for life support. I think it would go something this

th

DeletedUser117283

Everyone look out, Less has found his pass for the externals again :O

DeletedUser108293

well seeing the END of ENDZ and GOFARMPLAY with hungrywolf's 800 villas sitting so close? I just thank my lucky stars I don't have to depend on him for life support. I think it would go something this

th

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

panamakid

Haha, edited after 24 hours of being up so that everyone could read it :)

DeletedUser116599

What happened to endz and goplayfarmville? :icon_cool:

They get the boot :icon_eek:

Not very team-like :lol:

I'll throw it down real. I'm not a diplomatic speaker.

I actually haven't logged in since about 3 or 4 days after the tiger op failed, so like the 3rd week of june sometime I think, I didn't actually know it was booted but I'm not particularly surprised either, I probably could have defended but I chose not to just because the tiger op was so bad and there were so few people that actually took part in it, (it was like 90% MN/KIT/Zahariel) that it pissed me off completely. I just took the decision to not sit all summer in my boxers as a solo player being opped when it feels like people won't retaliate. I felt like I was talking to a wall at points during the OP on me. I just about flipped my lid when i sent a circ to the entire tribe to def like 5 villas yniets was hitting in k25 because I had nothing there, despite us having like 900 villages in the continent, I did not recieve a single troop of support within any time frame.(although many of those villages did belong to endz). Wolf found out pretty fast I wasn't defending because I sniped literally everything he sent so i was pretty sure the account was in a meltdown anyhow.

The game is literally a war of wills, but my will was more or less permanently put out by certain allies & enemies. The 1st op on me I stayed up for about 24 hours and you took 1 village, the 2nd I think you took about 10 I could actually defend and i stayed up about 30~ - 35 hours for that one, its pretty unhealthy, attacking should be be less time consuming but I just thought our attacking sucked through lack of participation and if someone won't send their nukes then I won't sit up all night defending on ultimately their behalf

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117803

really miss you grief.
you play hard and you play with commitment.

you inherited a bad situation, but you played it the best anyone could.

you are always invited to my beach house.

;)