Top 20.

DeletedUser109837

I really hope peopel start to realise just how boring and lame gents playstyle is, i would never want to be connected to to that. But some people seem to do just about everything to earn 200pp (whoopdi doo).

If all worlds are to play out like this then tribal wars is truly dead.

DeletedUser

If all worlds are to play out like this then tribal wars is truly dead.

so sad.. come to play a war game and just ally everyone and merge the rest to win... how could anyone be proud of winning that way just baffles me. If gents do win from these tactics you are right tw is truly dead. If every world starts being this way I know I'll be done playing, I don't play a war game to hug it out with everyone ...ya its nice to have one tribe you are friendly with in game but to have like 10 allies (before they all merged) and merge i don't even know how many former enemies into your tribe just to get to 70% as fast as you can to win a world is so distasteful. I know i wouldn't feel proud of that win at all...

DeletedUser118039

so sad.. come to play a war game and just ally everyone and merge the rest to win... how could anyone be proud of winning that way just baffles me. If gents do win from these tactics you are right tw is truly dead. If every world starts being this way I know I'll be done playing, I don't play a war game to hug it out with everyone ...ya its nice to have one tribe you are friendly with in game but to have like 10 allies (before they all merged) and merge i don't even know how many former enemies into your tribe just to get to 70% as fast as you can to win a world is so distasteful. I know i wouldn't feel proud of that win at all...

First, IMO you are being overdramatic and are mostly wrong. Sometimes I am not sure if people are being serious or if this is just pnp. I hope pnp, if not relax, this world is far from over, gents is no where near the 70 percent mark and it is fun to have a villain:p.

Second, you and others act like there is no skill involved in what Gents does. You are WRONG. There is a lot of leadership skill involved. Balancing personalities and ego's, standing up against the haters, making ops for and keeping 70 plus players organized, loyal and focused. It is not our fault that the rest of the world other than regime so far has been a disappointment and almost everyone has wanted to join gents. We are trying to win the world and when excellent players ask if they can join, it is in our best interest to let them join. It has nothing to do with us being scared we cant beat them, and way more to do with us adding more skilled players to prepare for regime. I have played in tribes like regime and in tribes like gents. And from my experience, both have been around for a while and both can be fun to be in and make the world more interesting.

It is true that gents have merged in a lot of strong quality members, but we have also rimmed the most players and fought the most wars. Furthermore, unlike what the above poster, WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT SAYS, we don't have ten allies, we have had only three allies the entire game, and almost always only one at a time, and never, until lust, have we merged any members from our allies. We have been loyal to these tribes, as long as they have been loyal to us. For every yes we probably say like 20 or so no's. If you don't like the way we play that is fine, but be honest, realistic and also acknowledge that there is a reason many players have wanted to join gents. (Their tribes have been weaker and more disorganized). If you don't respect us for letting people in, that is fine, but I believe our war stats speak and will continue to speak for themselves. We rim more than we let in by a wide margin.

You can argue that we win because of our size advantage, but the reality is that due to the skill of our players we have been able to, since the start of the game, focus our effort in all directions with only a few players in our tribe in each war actively fighting the war the entire time. When we actually focus completely on one war or front then the world will see what the power of having 70 plus skilled members looks like:)

Personally, I think these comments from people are mostly about being sore losers. They cant beat us in the game so they come on to the forums to try and beat us here. Steve initially gave them the talking points and now everyone who is losing to us or fears that we will likely win this world comes on here and bashes us. Stop giving excuses for your personal or tribal failings against us and play the game.

And finally, to the regime players who comment on these things. If you can beat us in the game that would be awesome and I look forward to a good fight, you have played the tightest, cleanest and easiest to applaud game so far. However, you also had the most premade strong members allowing you to effectively play the game you have. We on the other hand, have had to continue to battle test and recruit members to match the talent that I hope is in your tribe. But I have to say every time I see a person like "the hans" post something with a gentsy tag I think wow, "maybe they aren't as good as I am hoping they are. They seem scared and are resorting to pnp to try to turn the world against us or break us a part internally, maybe they are mostly hype." I guess only time will tell.... And truthfully I will try my best to help gents win this world, but I would also have a lot of fun losing to a better tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovis

I will spare all dramatics and hyperbole in saying.... It is true that W80 has been an incredible challenge And largely disappointment. lot of disrespect. A lot of lies and desperate survival moves. You can all see true colors come out when they do. No point in trying to prove it to the masses or shout it from the highest External hills. Res ipsa loquitur. For those who play scared.... Hitting the rim honorably feels better than scheming at ALL costs to survive. I respect all! And Continued GL to all. Even Kirk, who is still going strong....ish! ;)

DeletedUser

Umm.. Gents was a premade too, it's just Regime decided to stick it out with their original core of members and fight their wars, rather than merge in their enemies. There's usually a reason tribes that merge everyone in fail, I'm not saying it will definitely happen as gents has shown they can handle themselves so far. However a tribe that has mostly picked up players running away from a war usually has a couple who will jump ship as soon as they have anything put up against them.

And regime are definitely playing the Pnp game. Gents are larger than ruffs + regime and then add in Bugz and RG and what do you really expect? They're a bunch of old school players of course they're going to work pnp to their side.

DeletedUser

jacomb, we in regime are not scared of gents.
if we give air to our displeasure to how things develop around us it does not mean we are stiring the world against you...
you brought that onto yourself.

DeletedUser95698

I love how everyone is saying Gents doesn't war...Aren't Gents rank 1 in War Caps/War ODA?

DeletedUser

But then how would you get tribes to merge into you Zach? We know you guys fight wars ;) just they don't last long.

DeletedUser118039

jacomb, we in regime are not scared of gents.
if we give air to our displeasure to how things develop around us it does not mean we are stiring the world against you...
you brought that onto yourself.

This ignores 90 plus percent of what I said, and misunderstands the last ten percent.

This quote is more regime elitism that is far from the truth. The main and potentially only reason people are hating on us now is because Steve, and then UBM's blog set it up so that they would. Before that nobody was saying anything negative about gents. Of course inevitably being the number one tribe by a big margin for months and being the only surviving tribe from the start of the world will come with some pnp hate, but the level of it and the we are morally superior to gents tone, came from Steve and regime. Now when we take out tribe after tribe regime and all the members we rim or refuse to take in, repeat the talking points they laid out. You have played a great pnp game, but don't pretend you are not doing it lol.

This strategy works, because people tend to believe that the people making claims are telling the truth and the people being defensive against these claims are guilty. In this case Steve, regime and players or tribes we have taken out the former, gents the latter. But the reality is that I let the IG stats do the attacking for us and come on here only to defend against the subjective hate based on fiction or at best subjective opinion, because in the end of the day I am more interested in us all having a good time and seeing the best tribe win, than trying to put anybody down via the externals.

All this being said, the vast majority of regime and players from tribes we have or are taking out have not come on the externals to spread hate and have been nothing but straight up and respectful to me on Skype and IG. So when I say these things it is not directed at any whole tribe.

DeletedUser117863

Umm.. Gents was a premade too, it's just Regime decided to stick it out with their original core of members and fight their wars, rather than merge in their enemies.
Gents was a premade, but Brad forgot to remove the "members can freely join"-setting and thus was a bit screwed up, because Brad just went with it instead of kicking all the players who weren't supposed to be in there.

Now you can interpret this as a 'so he didn't reject the new recruits, thus they're part of the premade' but from what I know myself, which may be wrong, it's more of a "oh well lets see hoe far we get and forget about the original plan".

An Bhoran

Whats sadder is people who get worked up over a game.

DVBBS

It's not fair to take away anything from gents. They have grinded just as hard as regime and ruffs just have a different style.

monstaz2

At this point we have a few unconventional styles and we will see what works. No point complaining about tribes that are obviously fighting. Everyone in the top 5 have my respect for the way they've played.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This ignores 90 plus percent of what I said, and misunderstands the last ten percent.

This quote is more regime elitism that is far from the truth. The main and potentially only reason people are hating on us now is because Steve, and then UBM's blog set it up so that they would. Before that nobody was saying anything negative about gents. Of course inevitably being the number one tribe by a big margin for months and being the only surviving tribe from the start of the world will come with some pnp hate, but the level of it and the we are morally superior to gents tone, came from Steve and regime. Now when we take out tribe after tribe regime and all the members we rim or refuse to take in, repeat the talking points they laid out. You have played a great pnp game, but don't pretend you are not doing it lol.

Sorry, someone I was talking with said i needed to make my way to the forums. The main and potentially only reason people are hating on Gents has nothing to do with Steve, has nothing to do with my blog but rather the the way Gents plays Tribal Wars. If you don't want to shoulder the blame as a tribe the place you should be putting it is on these tribes who claim they won't merge when they go to war, or when they are in a position where they feel strong. The moment they start to get a little tremble in the knees ThinBlueLine has his trigger finger on that invite button. These are the people ruining Gents reputation because it makes it look like you rigged the situation in some cases, in others that you can't shoulder a real war. Do we feel better now that I've helped Gents not take sole responsibility?

Lets not put Gent's self-esteem problems on Regime. When i say self-esteem problems i'll go ahead and clarify that before it gets picked apart. Often Gents are in the externals saying poor me poor me, why don't people like us. Why do people hate us, yet act completely arrogant in other situations. Publicly there is very little balance and I assume Gents likes it that way because it's a distraction to what is actually happening. Tribes such as It, Echo, and now Lust have all tried to justify the "reasons" they made the choice after saying it's unlikely to happen. Some of them have been controlled statements, others have been hogwash. I've not came to the forums to comment until we started throwing Regime's name around. If you'd like the Hans to not hashtag #ThatsSoGentsy then stop doing the same thing over and over and complaining when there is outcry over it. Maybe just own it instead - stop trying to run away from the image you have created and embrace it instead, unless your embarrassed of what it's become.

This strategy works, because people tend to believe that the people making claims are telling the truth and the people being defensive against these claims are guilty. In this case Steve, regime and players or tribes we have taken out the former, gents the latter. But the reality is that I let the IG stats do the attacking for us and come on here only to defend against the subjective hate based on fiction or at best subjective opinion, because in the end of the day I am more interested in us all having a good time and seeing the best tribe win, than trying to put anybody down via the externals.

Now where have i seen this before.... Oh anytime I don't sing of Gents victories and amazingly polished tribe in the blog. You guys can't have it both ways and get away with it. Please don't start with hypocritical posting. Granted your personal postings are a bit more thought out and well executed, as you say - you are out here representing Gents and when you do that you also bear their sins.

In recap: Start owning up - it's getting very annoying to hear the poor Gents nobody loves us routine -

DeletedUser118039

Sorry, someone I was talking with said i needed to make my way to the forums. The main and potentially only reason people are hating on Gents has nothing to do with Steve, has nothing to do with my blog but rather the the way Gents plays Tribal Wars. If you don't want to shoulder the blame as a tribe the place you should be putting it is on these tribes who claim they won't merge when they go to war, or when they are in a position where they feel strong. The moment they start to get a little tremble in the knees ThinBlueLine has his trigger finger on that invite button. These are the people ruining Gents reputation because it makes it look like you rigged the situation in some cases, in others that you can't shoulder a real war. Do we feel better now that I've helped Gents not take sole responsibility?

Lets not put Gent's self-esteem problems on Regime. When i say self-esteem problems i'll go ahead and clarify that before it gets picked apart. Often Gents are in the externals saying poor me poor me, why don't people like us. Why do people hate us, yet act completely arrogant in other situations. Publicly there is very little balance and I assume Gents likes it that way because it's a distraction to what is actually happening. Tribes such as It, Echo, and now Lust have all tried to justify the "reasons" they made the choice after saying it's unlikely to happen. Some of them have been controlled statements, others have been hogwash. I've not came to the forums to comment until we started throwing Regime's name around. If you'd like the Hans to not hashtag #ThatsSoGentsy then stop doing the same thing over and over and complaining when there is outcry over it. Maybe just own it instead - stop trying to run away from the image you have created and embrace it instead, unless your embarrassed of what it's become.

Now where have i seen this before.... Oh anytime I don't sing of Gents victories and amazingly polished tribe in the blog. You guys can't have it both ways and get away with it. Please don't start with hypocritical posting. Granted your personal postings are a bit more thought out and well executed, as you say - you are out here representing Gents and when you do that you also bear their sins.

In recap: Start owning up - it's getting very annoying to hear the poor Gents nobody loves us routine -

:p fine we are terrible, but please love us.

DeletedUser

:p fine we are terrible, but please love us.

Come on Jacob, thought you'd have a more "articulate and intelligently layered argument" than that to the post by UBM. Although i do see those sarcastic comments mixed in you were talking about :icon_redface:

DVBBS

I haven't played many worlds lately. But I seem to remember "Ya Bro" from w76 getting the same type of criticism. They were a tribe of similar structure and diplomatic methods..... So is every world like this now? or am I just picking the wrong ones to play hahaha