Discussion: Start of World 85

DeletedUser656

Start of World 85

World 85 will start on Thursday the 10th of December at around 10:00. Pre-registration is available now so you can secure your place and invite your friends. You can login to the world straight away to form your tribe and prepare for the world's start. When the world starts you will be placed near your tribe mates if you are in a tribe.

The world has a dominance based winning condition. Once a tribe reaches 70% dominance, the world will automatically close to registrations and the endgame phase will begin. At this point, restarts will be disabled. This will last for 90 days, after which automatic peace will come into effect and the world will end shortly after. Only one tribe can win the world. An allied win is not possible.

Additional premium features, such as build time reduction and premium exchange are not enabled.

Please note that World 85 will regrettably be the last world where these additional premium features are not enabled. Unfortunately worlds without these features are no longer receiving enough organic interest to continue starting them.

We recognise that this will not be a popular decision for those of you that prefer to play on worlds without the additional premium features. Sometimes we are asked why we do not advertise them more to get more players, when in fact we advertise them as much as possible (on the homepage, forums, in-game, and via email). Setting these worlds as the "recommended" world for new players was not done because these worlds often had unusual settings and were not beginner friendly. Additionally, from a business point of view it does not make sense to have new players starting on worlds with significantly lower revenue, as then we cannot put as much investment back into the game.

However, we feel that with the introduction of Premium Trading (and now the Premium Exchange), getting Premium Points is now accessible to everyone.

World 69 was the first "non-premium" world after the new features were introduced, meaning we've had a fairly good run of around 2.5 years.

We hope to still run future shorter rounds on our HP server with unusual settings such as no hauls.

If you have any feedback or questions please click here for the discussion thread.

The settings

Not sure what some of the settings mean? Click here for more information.

Speed:1.0
Unit speed:1.0
Flags:No
Hauls:Yes
Paladin:No
Archers:Yes
Church enabled:No
Noble system:Packets
Morale:Points based
Bonus villages:Yes
Barbarian villages:Grow to 1000 points
Tech system:Simple tech
Beginner protection:4 days
Tribe limit:60
Other info:Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms.

<tbody>
</tbody>

DeletedUser112079

We hope to still run future shorter rounds on our HP server with unusual settings such as no hauls.

Does this mean the only no hauls worlds in future will be on HP? What else is classified as unusual?

hurod

Thank you TW for those years.

Can anyone suggest an alternative game?

DeletedUser116125

Rip TW looks like I can go back to do other things once my worlds finish.

Michael Corleone.

Thank you for making world 83 my final dance.

edit; and I'm not being a douche about it I sincerely mean thank you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser115004

RIP TW

Looks like TW have become sell outs and money grabbers.

DeletedUser101332

I Couldn't break the addiction looks like tw is breaking it for me :D

DeletedUser116787

All you guys saying RIP cos you suck too much to be rank 1 on any settings. Peasants

hurod

All you guys saying RIP cos you suck too much to be rank 1 on any settings. Peasants

We suck because we like to play without spending money on gaining rank 1? Well thank you :D

S25EO.gif

DeletedUser118341

^rekd

Seriously, this is very disappointing, and comes at a bad time for me. I did foresee this happening, but I atleast wanted W87 to be a non p2w.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116787

We suck because we like to play without spending money on gaining rank 1? Well thank you :D

S25EO.gif

Lrn2read&comprehend

Who spends money on pp these days? Strategy bro, try it

DeletedUser111495

Thank you TW for those years.
Can anyone suggest an alternative game?
Club Penguin ?

Thank you for making world 83 my final dance.

edit; and I'm not being a douche about it I sincerely mean thank you.

Yeah makes me happy knowing W85 will be the last world without additional premium features, no reason to come back.

Lrn2read&comprehend

Who spends money on pp these days? Strategy bro, try it
People who are not clever enough to make it for free and would prefer to use it as an excuse for their low rank.

DeletedUser

w80 is a pp world and how many of the current top 25-50 players used excessive amounts of pp to get to there? Probably none, the pp whores got rimmed a long time ago on this world.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I've been looking for a reason to quit this game for a while, so in a way, thanks :icon_biggrin: