Fresh Off The Press, W86 Newsletter

DeletedUser83995

002.jpg

The long awaited newsletter no one was looking forward to reading :icon_cool:. Today we have a jammed packed newsletter with an interview with Ceiling Destroyer, Nest* top 5 tribe reviews, and a bunch of stats and maps. Hope you guys enjoy. All sections will be spoilered so it will be easy on the eyes and you can read what ever part you wish and ignore the rest. As I know you guys only want to see what CD has to say in the interview anyways :icon_rolleyes:.

001.jpg

[spoil]
The Scientist.: What is your history, how long have you been playing for, ever won any worlds?
Ceiliing Destroyer: Almost 8 years, won a few plus some HP servers, lost a couple too.

The Scientist: what were your expectations for W86 when you started this world, vs what the expectations are now a couple days into the noble stages?
Ceiling Destroyer: Our expectations were to have fun with a giant pile of PP made selling on previous worlds as a way to relax from the rigors of duking elsewhere. Joining NE, our goal was to make it as close to 599/499 as we could so that we could potentially access 4 PP Exchanges, buying in the saturated exchange(s) and transporting/selling to the empty ones. W86 was not listed as the recommended world, so the rim didnt expand as far or as fast as we had wanted. The K55 PP Exchange has stayed super empty while K45 has held a steady 150k of each res (word on the street is PD is pumping out coins and nobles via the exchange) so we have settled into a nice rhythm of buying in k45 low, transporting to k55, and selling at a higher rate. Whoever keeps buying in k55, you can send us thank you notes via IGM - we are selling a few hundred a day. Fun to employ some of the economics lessons learned in university here.

The Scientist: What would be some advise you would give to a new comer who is looking to get off to a great start like you have, who normally struggles during start up?
Ceiling Destroyer: Practice and do your research ahead of time. Startup is all about mastering game mechanics and efficiency. If you really want to play at the top ranks for a world, lay out a plan to do so 2 or 3 worlds down the road. Its W86 now, so for the sake of this lets plan on starting on W89:

A. W87: Try to find a 'pro' who will take you on as an educational coplayer for a startup - I was fortunate to learn from old-time greats like Dentarthurdent, nauz, nami, omar, and a number of other names that haven't graced the community in a few years. Calin from the ghio1 account really helped me transition starting skills to a more modern style of startup. By playing with the 'pros' you can gain access to guides, knowledge, scripts, etc that you might not otherwise be able to find. Make sure to ask lots of questions

B. W88: Take everything you learned on W87 and do a practice run on w88 while you accumulate PP. Buy 1000 PP at the start of W88 (this essentially works out to be 3 months of PA and 2 months of AM). Use this PP to efficiently rush ahead of the world, either focusing fully on mines or on LC. Once you run out of PP, begin selling res to recoup. Without much effort at all, you can turn the 1000PP into at least 10k within the first month. If the world expands rapidly, after the first month consider restarting on the rim, doing a second start, and selling res again in a high-value market. This gives you two chances to practice your startup.

BB: W89 is announced, look at the settings and do research, if applicable. W86 was announced with this new quest tree, my coplayer and I did lazy starts on Beta to map out the quest tree so we could progress through it in the most efficient way possible

C. W89 is upon you. You've tutored as a coplayer with a 'pro', you've practiced on your own, and you have a big pile of Premium Points - if you so desire, find yourself a coplayer to keep queues and farmers moving while you sleep, and head on in. Never forget to overlook the value of the 30PP for -20% costs - the exchange stays about 15PP for 1000 res for the first week of the world, so as soon as the -20% would save you >2000 res on the building, it is more efficient to spend the 30pp for cost reduction

This may seem like an overly involved answer, but the truth is this - very few people can master this game on their first world, first try, alone. Most of the top starters on W86 have played at least a few worlds. If you really want to have a top ranked startup, put in some time to practice - you won't be a star on the basketball court the first day you lace up your shoes, why expect to be any different the first day you play a strategy game?

The Scientist: Lastly tell the world about yourself, give us some interesting facts that only players in your tribe would know about you. Give W86/.net server a little insight into your world and who you are as a person, not just a player.
Ceiling Destroyer: Im not too interested in a lot about my personal story being broadcast to the world, I'm a typical 20-something who works multiple jobs while going to school.
[/spoil]

003.png

[spoil]

006.jpg

005.jpg

Nest* Top Five Opinions:
Comparison of basic stats for out top tribes has shown few interesting facts.

1) PD: From point per player perspective, number of villages and conquers PD is the unquestionable leader. They keep the member base close to maximum (as most tribes do), 109 tribal changes suggest that they are actively recruiting while in the same time trimming down the worst players. They are the premade with a lot of skilled veterans so having 8 top 25 players is not a surprise. In terms of growth they have captured 45 villages losing one to Ceiling Destroyer. They have been fighting many lesser tribes, the question is what will be their move after the mop up phase?

2) WET: WET is our 2nd tribe so straight away a question arises, where are they under-performing in comparison to PD? It looks as it comes to growth having conquered 10 villages less than PD. Probably also they don’t seem to be a premade as the tribe has been going through a lot of players (133 tribal changes). Probably fighting with top 10 tribe (The Syndicate) at this early stage might be slowing their growth a little bit. They captured a lot of barbs (22% of all villages) which is the highest percentage among all tribes. WET is also the leader in ODA and 3rd in ODD comparing to PD being 5th and 29th on the ladder. They are the unquestionable leader in OD.

3)MORS: The tribe is looking rather average when looking at their point base, villages and captures in comparison to WET and PD. MORS has quite low average of points per player but it could be explained with the tribe being located more towards the rim where a lot of targets are low point villages. They are however 2nd in ODA and have been clearing a lot of members of NORMAL and HTS. They have 9 players in TOP 25 daily looters, that is an extraordinary result and my prediction is MORS will soon start closing the GAP to the top 2 tribes.

4) BORGIA: BORGIA is the only tribe with member base below 40. In comparison of average points per player BORGIA is 2nd in the ranking. They have rather average ODA which can be explained when looking at their gains. 4 Barbs and 9 players without a tribe. They are located very close to PD and either both tribes have diplomacy in place already or they will have it very soon. An alliance could be a natural thing and a possible merge in the future (pure speculation). But if I am mistaken on this and a war happens it would be our first larger conflict, a true test for both tribes.

3) FFF Being a member of FFF I don’t feel it is appropriate for me to make any comment on the tribe as they might be bias. You can all judge it by yourself and if you wish feel free to add your comments.

007.png

[/spoil]

004.jpg

[spoil]
Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_47_45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_48_06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_48_31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_48_47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_49_03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_49_27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_49_51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_50_11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_02_23_at_9_50_24_PM.png

[/spoil]

I hope you guys enjoyed the read. We are looking for players who would be interested in helping us out in the future with making stats, maps, and opinions on wars and further more. The more help I get from the players the better this newsletter will turn out. Keep on, Keeping on!

Sig.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted User - 4669627

lol
how does safa keep nobling?

tudadar passes cd, at least for a moment
Mr Turkey takes the 5th spot!
(highfive)
teh ninja with a 50% lead over 2nd place
more than 100% lead over 3rd
teh ninja rank 2 in od despite that huge lead
safa rank 5, but not as elegantly done, i expect
4 players nobled
teh ninja stats still ****** up
3 players i think, 2 show
but players nobled at a later stage and more villages overall
safa is peaked for a moment, but atm teh ninja is set back also, though not to the same degree
tudadar is still in good position to make a move, he should have awesome troops, but CD has had a chance to do some rebuilding and is so far more prone to take higher point targets

nice interview, learned a lot, ty

quality post Scientist, ty

Ignoramus of the Law

I don't play on 86 but this looks very nice.
Borgia has a good position there.

DeletedUser

safa is peaked for a moment, but atm teh ninja is set back also, though not to the same degree

SAFA nobled again lmao

Supposedly doing another soon too D:

Nice read :) looking forward to the next one :D

DeletedUser117534

Pleasure writing for your newspaper ~Sci

Your news came out really well

Congrats

DeletedUser117168

I am... amazed by this interview and overall post, enjoyed it a lot.

Next player to interview: TruffleShuffleOrRiot, I'm interested

DeletedUser118995

A cut above any other newsletter I've seen. Well done. The CD interview was very informative.

DeletedUser83995

I am glad you guys enjoyed the read, I enjoy writing and being creative. I don't intend to do these weekly, however I do intend to do these as often as my time allows me. Being active duty Army my time is ether wide open and free or jammed packed with training. So will vary on how often I will be able to do these but the intent is to do them regularly.

~ Sci

twenty-five

I didn't scan the prem log for too long, but 350k < 500k and that's the highest day I saw, so yeah am confused deeply by a daily claim of 500k-1mm a day. Given the serious nature the rest of the interview was approached with, thought I'd look and see what CD's prem count totalled now because I mean it's supposed to get back up to a decent level after this world... but that bit was make belief sadly. I'm not sure if you even passed 1 million total.

Was also surprised to see you hadn't sold anything for 2.5 days. :/

DeletedUser

As much as i hate giving compliments to anyone on this thing, i have to say that was really entertaining well done

Deleted User - 4669627

SAFA nobled again lmao

Supposedly doing another soon too D:
damn safa, always nobling after i say he is peaked for a moment, where does he get the troops?
i think he does it just to make me look bad :icon_neutral:

I didn't scan the prem log for too long, but 350k < 500k and that's the highest day I saw, so yeah am confused deeply by a daily claim of 500k-1mm a day. Given the serious nature the rest of the interview was approached with, thought I'd look and see what CD's prem count totalled now because I mean it's supposed to get back up to a decent level after this world... but that bit was make belief sadly. I'm not sure if you even passed 1 million total.

Was also surprised to see you hadn't sold anything for 2.5 days. :/
tumblr_n173vksCCO1rfd7lko1_500.gif