Bonfire, why is it so strong?

DeletedUser119170

Hey everyone.

I play on World 86, and I have noticed something. Something that's completely broken about this world.

Bonfire gives 100% offense, 1000% defense to cats. The rest of the weapons give between 15-25%, except for the RAM weapon, which is another really, really strong weapon.

Now, I can see why the RAM weapon is okay since it has no actual attack, 100% of 2 damage is 4 damage, but the Cat? The cats have the third or fourth best attack stat in the game, and also one of the best defense stats in the game. In practical application this means that stacking a village with 4k cats is not only viable-but recommended. 4k cats+Bonfire is incredibly hard to defeat in this world. 10 regular nukes, 4 LC heavy nukes. Keep in mind. This is against ONLY cats, which isn't what you're likely to face.

To get the same defense as bonfire you have to stack your villages with upwards of 20k spear/swords/archers, 12k HC. (That will withstand the same number of "Standard nukes" about 7k Axe/2500LC/500MA, rest made up of Rams/cats w/ morning star as weapon.

So "What's the solution", well, the solution is simple: Either rework the values of Bonfire down to the same level of other things in the game, IE, 25%, or, add a calculation to cats where they have a 50% chance to miss entirely. I find the second one more favorable as it's realistic. Cats were terribly inaccurate in real life, often only being able to hit large masses of soldiers or cities.

Simulations can be posted if anyone needs evidence.

Last edited:

twenty-five

In other news, I heard the sky is blue.

Now because I'm not in a complete sarcastic asshole mood(wow this is a rarity, you must be lucky), I'ma point out this has already been discussed to death. The bonfire is a bad weapon, it can be argued it's game breaking. But it's been known for years, and developers/designers have not done shit about it. I don't envisage this changing, well unless they overhaul the entire pally system (which is bad in it's own right). Bonfire has stuck out as horribly unbalanced for a while, and as it's not changed in the past 6+ years I really doubt that's gonna happen. People have rightfully been calling it dumb for ages.

As for your second suggestion to solve this problem... trying to make it more realistic. If you care about realism, you are playing the wrong game (infact you should not play any game, games cut out aspects of realism because their purposet tends to be to be fun). As we all know, battles happened instantaneously and if the troops were just a fraction of a second away they didn't participate! It required a special man to convert villages to your ownership! Horses were colour coded for their stats! Troops just walked through other people's villages and across water! The advantage of a wall was lowered before the battle even took place if you sent things to knock it down! A (noble)man is slower than siege! Strategy games have to sacrifice realism so they have a rigid set of rules. My point is,picking on cats for the lack of realism is silly. Especially when it's actually one of the more trivial things one can explain away as realistic, basically how do you know the designers/developers didn't already consider cats missing when giving them their stats? Maybe it's factored in, and for the sake of ease of understanding just not mentioned!

Tl;dr: bonfire bad, but it won't change without other overhauls. This game isn't realistic, and never will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser65288

I believe the solution you are looking for is to just work around the bonfire. You hate it when you hit one but I bet you ask for it as support from your tribe. It's a factor of the game, and there are ways that require less than subpar skill to defeat someone yielding one. Attack multiple villages, spread their D around, etc.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser118875

As twenty-five said, this issue has been discussed so many times. I have encountered bonfire several times, and I have lost many nukes to it. However, when you encounter bonfire, just simply skip over that village. I know that sounds like an unfair solution for the attacker, but it's really the best solution. If a village has bonfire, it's just not worth the trouble. Just fake all of the enemy's villages and then launch nukes at some or all of the enemy's other villages. They may save that one village that they stacked with cats and bonfire, but you can still take the rest. This is the great thing about combatting players who rely on bonfire: they can only defend one village at a time with bonfire because they only have one paladin.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser116463

In reality, men can stop the swords by their hands.You can stab horses of LC&HC,people can poke the eyes of axemen despite of their enhanced weapon but try to catch the ball of fire with great amount velocity combined with gravity and youll get grill. lol.I think 100% offense, 1000% defense to cats due to fire is quite logical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

If you want a real-ish type game, play GTA5. That's as far as I've got game wise :icon_biggrin:.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Bonfire is only OP in the early game. Later in the game when a tribe of 25 has 500 villages.... its pretty easy to work around. Now when morale comes into effect after you noble the others (morale is kinda stupid but I understand why it is there), that's another story :p

Upvote 0