RIP Slytown- George for those who knew him outside the game

LOVERLOVER

Our beloved Slytown passed away. He will be missed by many. I know he had a lot of friends in Tribal Wars and was once a moderator. Anyway, hugs to you all. :icon_cry:

It is with heavy hearts and profound sadness that we inform you of our brother George passing. He was a cherished son, brother, uncle and friend. He was a kind and gentle soul, and we will miss his quick wit, bear hugs, love of all music, playful attitude, passion for the Mets, insane historical knowledge and unwavering love for family and friends. Please use his Facebook page to celebrate his kindness, humor and friendship. Rest in peace, sweet brother.
January 10, 1983 - April 4, 2016

bigboy7foru

You will for ever be missed Sly!

Thank you for your friendship and all the great memories!

You will be missed my friend!

Michael Corleone.

I remember when I first met you George on W39, you were busy with W19 at the time, but even then, I could tell you were a very beloved guy. We got to play TW with each other again on a few different worlds and I really consider myself lucky to have played side by side with not only a great player, but a great person and friend. Heh, I remember the on-going jokes we would have since you were from New York and I was across the river in New Jersey and it would go back and forth for years and years.

Thank you for the memories George. I will keep your family and friends in my prayers to help them get through this struggling time. Rest in Peace my old friend. I look forward to seeing you one day.

devil667

Sly... its been 8 years since we crossed path, and throughout you made sure you were always there with us, always there for us. It is hard to accept that you're gone, guess I wont be going upto Laura and ask "wheres sly" anymore. For as much as I have known you, I know you're in a better place.

DeletedUser19028

7 years playing in the same tribe... dragging me into all sorts of things... spending time to teach me new things... caring for me and my wife when we were not doing too well.... chatting for countless hours of all sorts of things... he was not just an online friend... he was a real friend.. generous, kind, witty and many more qualities that just made him a wonderful person! It was an honor to meet you sly...... we will both carry you in our hearts forever! R.I.P.

DeletedUser

I just returned to TW after taking quite a few years away from it. Sly was the first person I attempted to get back into contact with. We never played in the same tribe, but Sly tried his hardest to get me an account there knowing I wasn't the best player....but he wanted me anyway.

Sly is one of the players from W19 that taught me the most about this game, and he will be missed.

DeletedUser

Oh, George

Thank you for guiding and supporting me trough one of the best games ever, giving me countless memories and endless nights awake. World 19 as your team mate was amazing and our chats in Skype were fun. I will never forget.

May you rest and your soul find peace.

Thank you.

Jishin

*TehDarkOne*

Like many others have said. Sly was a great guy. Sad to see the news and to see a fellow Mets fan pass away. I hadn't talked to him in a few years, but I did have some good chats with Sly back when this game was much more interesting and consumed our daily lives. One of the more intellectual people I've met playing this game.

Go Mets!

R.I.P Sly

DeletedUser115232

This was surprising news and still hard to accept. Sly was a fantastic team mate on w19, always willing to chat, help, and keep things calm. He will be greatly missed.

DeletedUser

RIP my friend , i knew slytown since w4 , we played together in w19 till i left the game , i miss him already , my heart with his family , really its a sad day

donkeywheel

Reaction score
hey all!

i also remember playing with sly on w19 all those years and am saddened to hear this news. To all my fellow 19ers---it was a great time and i would love to meet up with you all again in another world.

and to those posting here like crissy and aaron and oscar etc...its nice to see ya all still around!

DeletedUser

Hard to believe that such thing happened. W19 is in my heart for a long time and he was one of the inspirational players out there. Rest in Peace my friend!

Pings

DeletedUser19041

Rest in Peace my friend. Thanks for all the good times.

You will be missed.

Deleted User - 31145

I have just read this and like so many others had some fond memories of George his tribe gave mine one hell of a fight on w4 and we stayed in contact and played with him on other worlds till I quit r.i.p sly