Why Did You Join?/Predictions

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I thought this could be a fun topic of discussion. What made you guys decide to play this classic round? Is it purely nostalgia? Did you simply love the old worlds and want to re-live those days for the next month? Are you a new player that never got to play an old-school world and are interested in seeing what it's like? We all have our various reasons for why each of us joined this world, let the community know why you decided to be a part of this world.

So now that the world is open, what do you guys see happening in the month that we have to play this world? Given the speed and size of the world, do you think it's possible that in a month's time, one tribe can acquire a rather large percentage of dominance (example: 30-50%)? Simply how do you see the world playing out?

DeletedUser118394

why join?
hmm, maybe just want to try old-school world...
for me, i never played on old-school world like this before... ^_^

btw is there any tribe member limit? looks like i saw tribe did mass recruit to every player... lol
for now, rank 1 tribe have 97 member and total player is 399, its around 24% dominance... :v

-R

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why did I join? Hmmm
The chance to try something new I suppose.
I started in 2010/2011 so I'm not exactly new, but I'm not exactly old either :p
The fact I can make top 20 on here but only 200 at the most on a normal world amazes me, but it shows what you can do in a world where people cannot abuse pp :)

My prediction is that by the time the world ends, the top tribe will have maybe 27% dominance. Lets not forget, a lot of the proper old players will be on this so it'll probably be a piece of cake for them :D

Erich Hartmann IG for those who were wondering :D

DeletedUser

I predict that half the world will quit within a week, because they'll realize that they don't have a good chance of making a conquer before the world ends. But I hope that this legacy round leads to enough interest that fully legacy worlds might come out. The modern state of tribalwars it isn't even worth playing anymore.

Oh, I also predict that there will be alot of point whores during BP, with people building mines too high and building walls, and other nonsense which is wrong. But they'll do it because they always build those things during BP because the tutorial tells them to.

DeletedUser118341

The fact I can make top 20 on here but only 200 at the most on a normal world amazes me, but it shows what you can do in a world where people cannot abuse pp :)

Probably something to do with the fact that there are only 500 odd people on the world. The world was dropped on us 24 hours prior to it opening. Not to mention that in many parts of the world school or university exams are still in full force.

To me, while I like the concept, it just doesn't work right now, especially with it being a month long. It already has the feel of a fairly low quality HP world. I don't know a single top player that is actually playing, properly atleast.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure all the top players quit or went into hiding when this P2W bs came along mate :lol::icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser118341

Nah, there are still a few about. Just not really playing anymore. If you look right down the rankings, you can see some top names that joined. But have already left.

Also, I would actually like to point something out. While ofcourse no-premium features(specifically no FA), and other such things being reverted is good, and fun. The one thing I think we can all agree one, is the user interface has drastically improved is actually quite painful to use compared to the ease of use the modern TW is.

So well done to Inno and game developers (probably very rarely hear this :D). But atleast one facet of the game has definately changed for the better :)

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well, given I started this thread, I should probably state why I joined the world and my predictions. Personally, I joined simply because I miss the old style of game-play. Things were so much different when many of us first started playing. I guess you could say it's nostalgia. When I saw that this classic world was going to open, I was very excited, and I think this is probably the best thing I've seen Inno do in very long time. However, while it's not exactly the same, because of the bug that makes threads unreadable after 18 posts, and the fact that the classic round is being ran securely (https) (which prevents old scripts from working), it's still awesome. I hope that this is something that Inno looks into keeping. They could make the TW Rocks page, into a new server, used for classic worlds. If that were to happen, it'd simply be awesome.

As for my prediction. I think that players might be able to noble a few villages before the world ends, but given how things have been going lately, it appears that most players will be in one of the top 4-5 tribes. It'd be cool if some of the tribes actually warred each other, even if the world does only last a month. :D

Also, I would actually like to point something out. While ofcourse no-premium features(specifically no FA), and other such things being reverted is good, and fun. The one thing I think we can all agree one, is the user interface has drastically improved is actually quite painful to use compared to the ease of use the modern TW is.

So well done to Inno and game developers (probably very rarely hear this :D). But atleast one facet of the game has definately changed for the better :)

Yeah, I agree that some things that Inno have added, are nice. I like the ability to drag the map and move it around, the ability to open the world map and click somewhere and have it take you there on the map, and the ability to send troops/resources/etc. from the map.

One thing I can't stand is the new village/map graphics. I absolutely WILL NOT play a single world without having classic graphics enabled.

Last edited: