Force other villages to pay taxes (Question)

DeletedUser

I would like to know if i charge taxes on other small villages, it will be against any rule.
And if you guys think this is an efective way to prevent growing, because i don't have catapults yet.

DeletedUser

I believe the term you are looking for is called "farming"

If there are smaller players around you that you wish to make quit or stunt their growth, then you attack them, killing their defence and looting their resources so they can't rebuild.

Watch the villages around yours for ODD and ODA to see who is attacking and who is defending. Watch TWStats and see if you can find a players' less active or offline time (easier to do early world than after a few villages)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

If you are not referring to farming and are referring to asking those players to send you resources(even under threat of attack) this is illegal. The only way you can get those villages resources would be to attack their villages or make trade requests

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

it's illegal because the rules say so.

Even if it weren't how would you envision it working? The plan is so full of fail... let me give you some examples and reasons.

- For a period of time, there is no free trade in the market, so you can't impose a tax of resources because the player has no way of paying it.

- Some people don't buy or use PP, so asking for that as a tax doesn't always work. Also, depending on if/how you get your PP, (I personally just buy it), it may be non transferable for a period of time up to 30 days.

- And, most importantly, if you can't make good on your threat, i.e. "pay up or I'll cat you to next week", then your threat is hollow and no one will ever pay. You've already pointed out that you lack the offensive power to dominate your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0