New External Forum

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think this new forum is horrible on the eyes. far too bright...

please can we have the old forum back. i dont like this at all.

and i cannot seem to find a discussion for this new forum. normally you have one after an update.

DeletedUser93439

It was updated because of security reasons, xenforo is more secure than vbulletin used to be. They are highly unlikely to move back because of this.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser119094

In the italian server we were testing it and you just need some time to get used to it.
I still prefer the old version but even this new it's not so bad :)

Upvote 0

Michael Corleone.

Whoever came up with this design..

rs_480x360-160310130531-Trump_Youre_Fired.gif

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Is this like...the final product? Or are we just going through growing pains? I'm just really hoping this can all be fine tuned to be less.....strange.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser119094

Is this like...the final product? Or are we just going through growing pains? I'm just really hoping this can all be fine tuned to be less.....strange.

I think this is the final product, it has been tested for 3 weeks at least , i think it won't change

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I wonder if they'll fix the fact that we can put obnoxiously large pictures as our siggys. heheh

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

darkaniken2

so you like how this looks then?

You seem to not have read what he wrote; this is an entirely different platform than the "old forum". Going back would be difficult and rather pointless, as Xenforo is far more secure. The forum has undergone many redesigns in the past, and I imagine the future will be no different.

As for the "obnoxiously large pictures", all the old rules apply, so if someone has a signature that violates the rules, they'll still be punished.

Upvote 0

MR.MR

On the vbulletin forums, we had the ability to choose between the tw skin and the most basic vbulletin blue and white default look. About the moment they reskinned the forums last time, i permanently switched to the vbulletin default and never looked back.

Keep the new, safer platform, obviously a win, but can we all compromise by offering us a very basic skin for those of us who have been here for a long time and dont require the graphic branding to retain us as customers? two different camps on the internet imo, the slick graphical crowd and the simple clean crowd.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

so you like how this looks then?
No. Honestly I'd prefer a more minimalistic skin with less frills, possibly smaller text with smaller center panes and a sidebar on the left with forum shortcuts. Maybe own profile or something on the right.

Upvote 0

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
i have to look down the main world page to look for new posts. and it only shows 1 new post only. compared to the old where i could look and see all the new posts.

Upvote 0