Am I the only one?

monkieman6

That would like to see a speed round every once in awhile. I've been playing about 2 years and I don't think I've ever seen one on the .net server. Only ever played a couple and I think they were on the uk server, which it's kind of a pain to play on multiple servers in my opinion. I know they said they were cutting down the frequency a few years ago because of poor turnout but maybe one in between starting the main worlds as a consolation for those of us that get nobled out of the core of worlds and don't want to play on the rim or something?

Anyone else with me on this? Anyone even check this forum anymore? lol

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The speed moved over to do the .co.uk server as there was no real need for that many servers to have it. The uk server, alongside many others rarely hits the 150 player mark, but back in the day, it would be 200+ every round. This is why the worlds have started to become less and less frequent as time has gone on (big worlds not speed).

The end of speed on .net servers was posted about some time ago, and various threads, much like this one can be found through this part of the forums.

Ali

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The last speed round on .net was a special Halloween speed round that lasted for a week. It was done back in 2012.

DeletedUser111197

Innogames dont care about us, all they care about is moeny.

DeletedUser109126

I miss speed as well, but I do not want to go back to .uk server D:

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I miss speed as well, but I do not want to go back to .uk server D:

Bro W79 currently only has 535 profiles above 15000 points. Thats a sign... forget speed on .net. The game is over for the masses and if speed was cancelled due to a lack of volumes then I guess tribalwars.net may be in for the same treatment soon. However the 535 profiles is still probably owned by about 2000 players. Calculated at almost 4 players per profile.

The game does not make it viable for new players to join because they get raped by the co-played accounts. That is the way speed went as well. So I am almost certain we are in a closed society with a shrinking client base.

Forget speed on .net. It cannot happen because there are not enough players left to make it work.

Maybe rather a world with an enforced sleep time setting of 8-10 hours... make it difficult for co-owned players to get a time based advantage over single owners.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm still basically a new player, even though I've played for like 6 years off and on. I'm still new because I never get the chance to really learn because of the lovely coplayed accounts messing up my day.

Most of the time I just sit here thinking "I'll get nobled and ill quit any day now." that day never comes.

DeletedUser19160

Im a very old player, I started playing 10 years ago, and I loved the speed rounds. Speed rounds used to have 1k players or something, it was huge fun, but over time, that started to low down, mostly because of the pc/ps games. The new generations prefer the real thing instead of a web-based game. That's a truth we can't deny. So, yes combining some speed rounds servers is great idea (the .uk server) but sadly, the game is dying, and overtime it will die and die more, and there is not much we can do about it.

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm still basically a new player, even though I've played for like 6 years off and on. I'm still new because I never get the chance to really learn because of the lovely coplayed accounts messing up my day.

Most of the time I just sit here thinking "I'll get nobled and ill quit any day now." that day never comes.

Get a coplayer. You'll have more fun playing with a friend, you won't have to worry about being nobled overnight and you'll probably learn from them. The game is really made to have multiple players per account, which i don't think is a bad thing.

DeletedUser

Some of the best .net players I know are solo players that OMG actually sleep for 8ish hours a night and don't use a sitter except in rare emergencies.

However the 535 profiles is still probably owned by about 2000 players. Calculated at almost 4 players per profile.

Ah yes, I love when stats are pulled completely out of thin air. I've got news for you, only 1 person "owns" a profile... anyone else playing on the account is an invited guest. Very rarely do you see accounts with 4 players... 2 is probably the most common, and some with 3. And really, the number of co-players anyone has is not necessarily an indication of their skill level. If you have 3 people on an account and none of them know how to snipe or backtime, you aren't in any better position.

You'll have more fun playing with a friend

Totally true... it is nice to have someone to plan with and bounce ideas off of, which of course is also what your tribemates are for. For a "tribal" game, I see way too many players just trying to go it alone instead of working as a team with a few other players.

True story... w69 was a packet world (and limited hauls), so most people had 1 or 2 nobles in their first village and that was it. So to noble a village, your choices are as follows
* Clear the village with your O, run your 1-2 nobles back and forth as needed, praying to the TW gods that the player is offline and doesn't call for support before you can noble him
* Team up with 3-4 players and set a landing time... You send the clearing nuke, another player times a noble (or 2) behind yours, blah blah, you time the last noble in and conquer the village in under a second

Which choice do you prefer? I use the 2nd one, but waaaaay too many people go with option 1, lose their troops to a stack, and quit.

I actually got accused of cheating because 3 of us timed really well in nobling a guy, and his complaint was that (not even kidding) "it should be illegal for more than 1 person to send nobles at someone"

mattcurr

If you have 3 people on an account and none of them know how to snipe or backtime, you aren't in any better position.
Some of us solo and suck at these things :( so 3 people on that account still have an advantage on those of us who cant do those things and are solo.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
One year later and I dont think that the day of the single owner is past.... I know so. Because it is common practice for the multiple owners to share the glory of a win... I still dont understand what drives them to do it.

We won. Who won your team in the tribe ... naaa we merged into a new tribe... all the people that play this profile managed to win. Oh ok. .. so you timeshare the win... Yeah its still a win. Nope it 33% of a win. LOL. We are happy with 33% of a win... Cool. Congratulations then.... sorry I mean 33% congratulations...LOL.

DeletedUser119802

the best speed server it`s the roumanian one..P ..there`s a speed round every 4 houres ..24/7..