Reopen .net speed petition

• Thread starter DeletedUser116338
  • Start date

DeletedUser116338

Hi Guys, I have made a petition with the hopes that it could lead to a reconsideration of .net being closed.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/reopen-net-speed

Creating an account to sign up takes less than 30 seconds, email verification is not required.
Literally all you have to do is write your name, give a fake email address and click on "sign"

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't it take away some of the legitimacy of a petition if signers aren't willing to be held accountable for it? :p There's nothing stopping you from opening dozens of fake accounts via proxy and just signing it all yourself under fake credentials, but that doesn't really give very representative feedback, and it's easily dismissed.

Not to discredit you: it's good to have outspoken, active members of the community drawing attention to player concerns. There's just other metrics that can be worked with to gauge the interest and profitability of speed rounds - comparison to other markets, userbase overlaps, general activity data on the server as a whole, market data like tendency of users to purchase premium on each market, etc etc. The forums are generally only viewed by a small amount of the userbase - and posted on by even smaller.

What I think is best to do, though, is to try to make your point in-game - whether that's having entire tribes built of players interested on .net, or building a playerbase on other servers and trying to draw attention you're from here - maybe it sounds like I'm shilling, but if you want to make a difference, the best way to do that is through market data: show the accountants we can still drive a profit :)

DeletedUser116338

Doesn't it take away some of the legitimacy of a petition if signers aren't willing to be held accountable for it? :p There's nothing stopping you from opening dozens of fake accounts via proxy and just signing it all yourself under fake credentials, but that doesn't really give very representative feedback, and it's easily dismissed.

Correct. I could well do that if I wanted, although, i have no need to do that; as far as I was concerned this was the best way to disprove the so called "lack of demand" for speed rounds on .NET server.

As you can see in the signatures, many of these people are from other servers (they dont have forum accounts on .net) so it makes it difficult to make a collectice voice and this is an effective means of doing so. The petition is genuine. While I would love to see .NET reopen I simply dont have the time nor the will to fake so many accounts and sign them :eek:

Ill provide some screenshots shortly that should at least provide some kind of validation.

Not to discredit you: it's good to have outspoken, active members of the community drawing attention to player concerns. There's just other metrics that can be worked with to gauge the interest and profitability of speed rounds - comparison to other markets, userbase overlaps, general activity data on the server as a whole, market data like tendency of users to purchase premium on each market, etc etc. The forums are generally only viewed by a small amount of the userbase - and posted on by even smaller.

I very much agree, and just to clarify, this isnt about me wanting a fight with the mods or trying to overrule an existing authorities decision by reaching out to higher powers. It it is merely insight for the higher powers, they can make from it whatever they want. My fingers are crossed that their judgement will be positive.

Concerning the marketing aspect of reopening .NET; what do you guys have to lose? Hopefully I am not over stepping the mark, but I believed moderating was volunteer work? The mods apply from their own free will as they get enjoyment out of it. Therefore cost of operations should be virtually non existent while the potential for purchased premium points, increased interest, game promotion is high. Unless i am missing something, that seems like pure profit to me?

Can any of the authority here really tell me that there is no decline in terms of actual statistics? From somebody who is aware of current speed and Tribal Wars affairs, careful observations do seem to make it apparent that a decline does exist.

What I think is best to do, though, is to try to make your point in-game - whether that's having entire tribes built of players interested on .net, or building a playerbase on other servers and trying to draw attention you're from here - maybe it sounds like I'm shilling, but if you want to make a difference, the best way to do that is through market data: show the accountants we can still drive a profit :)

I have already proved my point in game, not to sound egotistical or far-fetched, but my tribe Cosa Nostra are the rank 1 speed tribe, we've made it our aim to fight every international team and we have beaten them all without contestion. We really are the undisputed rank 1s of speed.

So while thats all well in good, it doesnt matter much to anybody? We'll still go unnoticed and the decline will still persist.

I am continously trying in vain to find more interest in speed on other servers and to build its playerbase, speed is my hobby so it feels as if it is my perogative to do so! that is why I feel like i have a higher insight than most; believe it or not what I speak is true.

We need something fresh, harder things such as alterations in game mechanics (the addition of the watchtower) have been implemented, so why not something so simple?

It is at least worth a shot! A trial run atleast!

Thanks for the great feedback IronTusk!!

DeletedUser116338

The chat I moderate (50 members only, ive refined the player list to prevent spam)

JH47wwC.png

The message I am spreading:

uQDolRS.png

Spreading:

dW2GRye.png

More:

bxdR0Ov.png

I have plenty more screenshots but as you can see I am on 4% battery lol, anyway, i hope this proves that the petition is in fact genuine and not being abused.

DeletedUser117183

I do miss .net speed, I played some uk ones and they just aren't the same.

The Lost Assassin

I am a greek player i started tw 2.5 years ago and i love playing speed rounds when speed worlds stop exist in gr i played in couple servers like fr ru but i saw that the players in each server dicreased and i think that this is bad for the whole tw i want really much to play again speed in my country or .net but noone cares from the company because speed rounds don't offer money it would be nice if speed rounds reopen

DeletedUser

About .gr speed server:
I offered your CM that for some time I would be able to be planning (= making suggestions + setting speed rounds + maybe supporting that server) .gr speed rounds in English language.
It was rejected after few days or weeks of considering. So... there was a chance for your server :D

DeletedUser

I also with they would reopen the .net speed servers. They were so much fun

DeletedUser116338

So now that Tribalwars Masters is closed, it could be worth thinking about allowing RaRs on this server.

DeletedUser118356

I would be so excited to have speed world on .net again. Will spread the word ig.

DeletedUser116338

great to see a round :)

I would recommend a statue and remove free insta-upgrade option

DeletedUser12965

I for one would also love to see speed open on .net as it is where i started moved over to .uk to play speed but if .net reopens they will surly see my pp

DeletedUser122281

@JawJaw
What do you think?
As you may know, I know you and your project (aka TWspeeds). So maybe you and your fellow Tribal Wars Teammembers can provide us some information or even reopen the .net speedcompetition? :p

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
@JawJaw
What do you think?
As you may know, I know you and your project (aka TWspeeds). So maybe you and your fellow Tribal Wars Teammembers can provide us some information or even reopen the .net speedcompetition? :p

Furthermore we will be investigating the possibility to reopen our speedworlds. We strongly believe that Speed can provide a solution to players who do not have the time to play Tribal Wars for months. Together with our Senior Team we will be looking at the possibilities to reopen these worlds. You will be informed as soon as we have reached a final decision!

DeletedUser117086

i can name several rl friends of mine that would like to play speeds, since they dont have the patience for an actual tw world. but he always have to play on other servers

DeletedUser116338

If I were in a position right now to investigate the possibilty of reoopening speed worlds I would be thinking that there is no demand, Speed forum is dead etc etc but I think it is more a case that we have all became accustomed to and have given up trying, but I can assure you there is a large player base who would like to see it happen. You must also bare in mind that at first there most likely will not be a huge demand, the server needs to be opened for a little while whilst rivalries and reputations are established thus creating the incentive to play.

I think it will start with a moderate demand and then grow over time.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
We are planning to reopen speed soon (that much I can already confirm), but we are first sorting out other issues before we focus on reopening speed, which will need most of our attention during the first few rounds.

DeletedUser116338

That is phenomenal news, ill be eagerly but patientily awaiting your official post regarding the subject.