Discussion: Improvements to the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost One

I dont know if its already been said, But the LOOT ASSISTANT needs some love.

Please add the ability to add Rams/Cats to the loot assistant , and also , the priority in which they send out.. would be very nice addition.. The Loot assistant is poor right now.

DeletedUser107086

I dont know if its already been said, But the LOOT ASSISTANT needs some love.

Please add the ability to add Rams/Cats to the loot assistant , and also , the priority in which they send out.. would be very nice addition.. The Loot assistant is poor right now.

This has been said a few times and I agree
It would be nice to have rams and cats for farm shaping and unit priority

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My idea would cut a bit of grinding from tribal wars.

I'd like it if when constructing manual groups we could input co ordinates to add a large group of villages to the group. This would mean we can create area groups quickly and specifically, not just using dynamic groups for K's but instead finding exact areas without having to spend large amounts of time manually adding each group. Instead you could use a map guru to grab a set of co ordinates and input them to quickly put a group together.

DeletedUser76645

Idea 3: Allow the transfer of troops permanently from one owned village to another up to the target villages maximum allowed pop. This would better reflect the operation of your kingdoms. When you are at war do you not transfer troops to the frontline and then order them on from there? This change would allow this. Obviously continue the support option so extra defenders can be sent but this would strengthen all players positions and greatly enhance the tactical element as you could order in an assault force and then counter attack your adversaries from their new home village. Perhaps make it an action that requires a noble be present with the force transfering to ensure the people accept the incoming force as a friendly one, the noble being consumed in the process. This would ensure people only moved armies about this way in time of great need.

DeletedUser

When accompanied by a paladin, your troops should be able to go to multiple villages(attack or defend) before returning to the home village

Bendis

Reaction score
Maybe I will repeat some of the things already said but here it goes:
1. When I check the origin of defenses I have as support in my village I will like to see not only the name of the village that is supporting me but the name of the player also. If I have a lot of support packets and I need to send support back to one player and the names of the villages are more or less the same it takes a lot of time to check to which player belongs every village.

2. I think barb nobling should be restricted. A ratio between the villages you own and the number of barbs you can noble should be established. Allowing players to noble countless barbs really affects farming and this players manage to noble barbs at a faster rate then you manage to noble them and nobling 26-2000 points villages is not fun. And suggesting them to play on casual worlds doesn't help either.

3. I would like to be able to trade skill books and buffs the way we trade flags.

4. Negative behavior of players during the game reached impressive levels in my opinion: spying, backstabbing, lying, abuse of trust and so on. This makes new players to quit playing shortly after they try the game and some of older players to take longer or shorter breaks. And it will only get worse because this kind of behavior corrupts through its benefits. So I suggest this:
- tribal diplomacy (and the corresponding map highlighting) to be established only if the dukes of both tribes accept it (like how a shared forum is accepted). I've seen many dukes/barons lying about the subject on the other part involved or even on their own tribe members.
- jumping tribes shouldn't be so easy to do. I wouldn't allow a tribe to attack a member that left for let's say 5 days but I will also turn to barbs all villages that a player acquired through internals while he was in that tribe.
- we see very often tribes that recruit members for food and even more often that food goes only to a small number of members (usually the leaders which also know the green/yellow/red status of a member). So I would also restrict the number of villages a player can internal in regard with how many villages other members had internaled and a given period of time (let's say 3 months). An example for a better understanding: Each member can internal 4 villages in the given period of time but he can not internal the 5th until all members have internaled 4. So if an account goes inactive and has 12 villages we will need at least 3 players to internal it that will not be able for 3 months to internal anything else unless (small chances) a lot of other accounts became inactive and all members got 4 villages each.
And that will put a stop also to the strategy of known co-players to start on different accounts and then merging.
Thank you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112981

How about at the relly point....If someone is attacking you....you should be able to send your troops in that village at them ... Instead of waiting for the attack to Land...

DeletedUser119898

Just a crazy idea here .....

How about a theme world players verse AI , like the ones on The West (been some time since I played The West)

Would be nice to work with some very experienced (OCD) players ,without the guilt feeling that your making a 15 year old kid(or adult , we all have them bad days lol) cry at 8 weeks of work they have put in to there villa/s .

I also tested the mentor system under this new account and waited till I was ready to rampage with my nobles . I contacted my so called mentor ,and became a student (just to see what it was and who it gave me) . He offer no help just 2 hints on a quests then he got the award for mentoring me ! Wtf he did nothing at all , I just had to test how poor it was and to be honest I was shocked .
I think there should be a system (under heavy mod supervision) where a tribe has say 5 member and has 1 free slot student for an academy (in place of the mentor system) .with the usual tribe member limits but an accademy what the mods do watch to be sure it's not abused . With this you would not see tribe's with multi lists of accademy or 'Tribe name2,Tribe name 3 ' what's messy !
I like the idea of a badge (mentioned above) I think it was for a student ,what you can click on and see who his mentor was and see the students rating of him aswell as other's rating of him and his mentor (maybe a bit much but mmm.)

Just to make a point ,I've not fully read everything but I've noticed that there's some posts that look like there from the White House not a normal guy trying to play a game having fun with his tribe mates ,bonding n building trust for the future. As us old fashioned, normal guys would say changes are not always for the best ,the PP system is simply to take advantage of more money ! Back in the old non PP worlds I bought prem for my accounts , there was nothing wrong with TW then it worked and was evolving nicely . But the PP system as over powered the game to the point where it feels like 'Them n Us', them what can't win without prem point whoring ,and us who carnt win because we don't have the money to burn, just to buy wood ,iron ect n build villas like Donald trump !

I've helped a lot of new players on 90 learn the game, just to see then quit after weeks of hard work because a player close to them gos from 300 points to 3.5k points in 24 hours (just an example) ,that's new players to the game who bought premium points to aid them ,quit never to come back because of the out balanced PP system. Greedy Innogames , it's all changed since the explosion of iTunes store n Google play store , there's more players than ever with more money to spend (but there quitting because it's impossible to get a fair crack of the whip) .

Just my Xmas rant but hope it feeds your thoughts .
Hope you all had a brill xmas and have a great new year !

DeletedUser

1. Inspired by one of Mintyfresh's ideas. I would really like to see themed worlds. Like Snow capped mountains, Desert terrains, Wild Jungles, etc. It can be just aesthetic; involving map changes, units and their icons, maybe even the look of buildings in the village overview itself. Or it can also have some strategical aspects like certain units/buildings being nerfed and others buffed. It will level the playing field as veterans would have to rethink their attack/defence strategies instead on relying on the same troop composition and builds that they have done for years. Start a test round and judge by the player response.

2. Integrate the "Trade" and "Create Offers" of the market in one tab. We should be able search for offers and if no good offers are available, we should be able to create offers from the same page right away. This will save a lot of time from switching between the two pages at every village. In fact you can even integrate the premium exchange into the same page for seamless trade, offer creation and buying/selling of premium.

3. Mentoring system sure needs a lot of improvement. There are players who are willing to learn and many others willing to train. Up-voting ideas like bufffs/rewards for mentoring as well as allowing mentoring of tribe members.

4. I understand the value premium has as means of revenue for Innogames, so I'll not join others in rallying up against premium features. However, I would suggest that you make premium earned by selling resources world specific. Joining multiple worlds just to pp farm is so lame but players are forced to do so to compete against players with deep pockets. Restrict the amount of premium a player can spend in the early world stages with pp spending allowance increasing every week or so.

5. Include a dynamic group called "Frontline Villages". Basically if a village has 2 or more enemy villages in their 7x7 then they get added to this group. Extremely useful in mid/late game as these villages require special attention.

DeletedUser103748

Being able to see shared notes from the map/incomings page as though they are your own. I shouldn't need to retype what my tribemates already put to see this...

DeletedUser117567

I would like if we could get 5%ressources production or 10%ressources production be added to the prenium features at lower prices

pyronixcore

I would love to see new Achievements in the Combat section:

Achieve Ranks for Opponents Defeated
Top 500 (Wood) / 300 (Bronze) / 100 (Silver) / 50 (Gold)
for each rank achieved as attacker*, defender* and supporter*.

*Each section with its own achievement badge

Tribe Achievements

Badges for reaching a certain global rank, village number, Opponents Defeated (Att/Def/Supp), longevity (days the tribe survives), etc.

It would be awesome to showcase badges for when the tribe has world lead in attack, defense or support ranks. Or caps in a day per tribe, etc.

pyronixcore

return the excess resources sent to a village-if the warehouse is full then the amount exceeding the 400k to be return to the sender village
we sometimes need the economy resource :)

I would expect this to be implemented on account manager if it ever becomes a part of the game

DeletedUser116463

Market improvement please.

1. Multiple option

- Sending resources from villages in the map (15x15 or so) into the village in just one or two clicks.

2. Picking options

- sending resources from picked villages (let say max of 10 villages) in the map into the target village in just one or two clicks.

Edit:
One more thing i would like to add.
Selling your inventory items for PP.

One time Hiring mercenaries (off/deff) to fight for you.
This previllage will only activate if your troops are lesser than your farm capacity , you have to pay pp ofcourse.

Last edited by a moderator:

pyronixcore

Make it so u can only support tribemates AND allies, and it's not possible to attack naps without breaking the relationship. I think this would lesson the amount of spies and bashers, and make diplomacy much more important.

I feel this would increase spies, but a limiter on attack ability (attacks only possible with NAP breached, NAP breachable only by players with active control over diplomacy) would be awesome!
It would be interesting as well if a tribe was informed when another tribe made them an enemy, regardless of declaration of war. And maybe an automatic upgrade to enemy if a certain attack/percentage threshold between the tribes is reached.

DeletedUser103748

An option in reports to "automatically accept forwarded reports" OR "Automatically accept forwarded reports from tribemates" (to prevent people spamming enemy reports or something like that). Having to go through all those miscellaneous reports and press accept is really annoying.

DeletedUser94626

There are a number of things which could be done to improve the game, but whether or not these changes will be implemented is a totally different question. :rolleyes::p

• Large worlds = More fun = Everybody wins: The worlds are getting smaller, a lot smaller......and nobody likes it!! Do something about it!!
The first suggestion is simple enough in theory --> physically increase the player base. To do this, the company will probably have to inject some extra money into their marketing department, and then said department will have to work on a new advertisement campaign that will be used to target the gaming audiences from around the world. Its easier said than done, but lets face it, TW's is losing players all of the time, so something really needs to be done to increase the amount of players that play this game - and what better way to do it than put yourself out there for the whole world to see.

While the above is quite possibly the ONLY way to increase the player-base and thus the size of the worlds...... there are, however, other simpler ways in which changes can be made (on a much smaller scale though). Think of them as 'Hax' rather than actual solutions.

Enter: Digital Wizardry.

- Change the settings of worlds so 100% more Guest villages are spawned and also the same with Barbs.

^ New nobling restrictions would need to be set to stop players from just nobling barbs and nothing else. Barb noblers make the world less competitive and also ruin farming for others, so stricter rules regarding nobling would cut that right out.

- Through the clever use of images and icons, the worlds could (in theory) be made more spaced out and thus slightly larger. -- Let me explain what I mean.
....Right now, there are currently only 3 things on the normal Map which can be used to space villages and barbs. 1) Forests and trees 2) Ponds/Rivers/Water 3) Elevated ground/ Hills.

^ I believe If other terrain-type objects were added to the Map - or perhaps some none-terrain things as well, it could slightly increase the overall size of the world.

• Resource balancing feature: Make an in-game resource balancer feature which lets a player balance all of their resources within their own 'Empire', without the need of setting up many external trader offers and without having to set up a huge number of trade routes in the AM. --- Maybe make it a little bit like the new 'Mass create offer' feature, but instead of creating external offers for other players to accept, it instead calculates what needs to go where, and then you click 'apply' or 'enter' and the resources are automatically shipped to the villages that need them.

• Fix the newly capped incomings problem: Command Sharing (and the fact that you can also label Outgoings) lets me and my tribemates see what's going towards a particular village. However, once the village in question gets nobled - the incoming attack or support automatically gets changed back to their default value of 'Attack' or 'Support'. It's annoying because I already know what's going into it before it has been nobled, because my tribemates have put labels on their outgoings, and then all of a sudden when its nobled all of the info gets changed back to its default values....it annoys the hell outta me and confuses me, I have to message around and ask whether those attacks are real or not - even though we already had them tagged before.

• Make a Diplomacy feature worthy of the name: Implement a new system in which tribe are physically unable to break or change diplomatic relations with one another.... when they 'feel' like it. Its about time TW's made the whole thing somewhat more official and professional. This can be done by adding a few custom settings for both the NAP and Alliance categories, and then leave it to the tribes to discuss and work them out before adding them into a "virtual contract".
^ Currently, the Diplomacy side of things is boring and is solely based on the decisions of the people running the tribe. It is all at their discretion. They can, just at the click of a button, add whoever they want to the diplomacy section and remove whoever they want at a seconds notice. There are no cool-down counters and there are no rules/boundaries. It's literally a free for all, a do whatever you want and see how it goes. By adding a feature which lets both sides create a contract of sorts, the game is adding an element of realism to the diplomacy aspect of the game. -- There is a feature to declare war, so just like that there should be a feature to be able to create 'diplomatic proposals' and send them out and the other Tribe then has the option to review the proposal and can either accept or decline it.

• Add filters to the Outgoings pages: Just like everyone else that plays this game, I tend to send out a lot of attacks/support as I progress within the world, so it would be nice if there was a feature which let me filter out certain commands on the outgoings page (similar to the filters on reports sections). Often times, there are many 1000's of commands on the outgoings page, so a filtering system would be ideal.

• Bring back the classical settings worlds: I know we've already had "the last world EVER with classic settings". But it would be nice if we could have 1 classical settings world after every 9 normal worlds, it's not a lot to ask. A large chunk of the TW's community still have a lot of love for the old settings, so it would be nice if we could have 1 world like that out of every 10 worlds.

Honourable mentions: Change the Mentoring system & create barb nobling limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.