Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser105131

Sad but true TW is dying, pp farming is not clever, destroyed the game and before you say there are free ways to pp farm and we are all in the same boat, I would say you are talking out of your rear.

AreYouKidden makes a lot of valid points above but I am so very angry at the way TW has gone down the pan, I would like to see INNO open two old style worlds each year without pp buffs or any other kind of buffs except the use of pp for a prem account, Farm Assistant and Account Manager rather than take away from players who have played this game since in began the pleasure of teaching these pp farmers a lesson in skill and durability.......Boom that's me done and yes I accept the infraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sad but true TW is dying, pp farming is not clever, destroyed the game and before you say there are free ways to pp farm and we are all in the same boat, I would say you are talking out of your rear.

AreYouKidden makes a lot of valid points above but I am so very angry at the way TW has gone down the pan, I would like to see INNO open two old style worlds each year without pp buffs or any other kind of buffs except the use of pp for a prem account, Farm Assistant and Account Manager rather than take away from players who have played this game since in began the pleasure of teaching these pp farmers a lesson in skill and durability.......Boom that's me done and yes I accept the infraction.

I wish, just like yourself, that InnoGames would make a classic TW world. I absolutely agree with everything you said. The idea alone, a world without PP is just so exciting, never going to happen though.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree xankou and and getting really tired of players ripping TW. Just about every single game on the Internet has some form of monetary means to improve your game situation. Most other games cost far far more than Tribal Wars. I use to play Dragons of Atlantis and Travian. Players often dumped $1000 in a month to "get ahead." You think this is expensive, try playing face to face Magic the Gathering where a winning deck may cost thousands.

I for one have no intentions of quitting this game or any other I enjoy over player using premium points. I have not problem spending money on something I enjoy.

.dan.101

I agree xankou and and getting really tired of players ripping TW. Just about every single game on the Internet has some form of monetary means to improve your game situation. Most other games cost far far more than Tribal Wars. I use to play Dragons of Atlantis and Travian. Players often dumped $1000 in a month to "get ahead." You think this is expensive, try playing face to face Magic the Gathering where a winning deck may cost thousands.

I for one have no intentions of quitting this game or any other I enjoy over player using premium points. I have not problem spending money on something I enjoy.

I don't think Premium is the problem - it's the P2W. You shouldn't have to dump £1,000 on a browser game to 'get ahead', just get good. Premium itself is useful, it was/is quality of life. Dumping several hundred quid on resource boosts and quick-builds is just obscene. But hey, I don't even play anymore.

Also, guys, what happened to the forum? It's 'angin.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Premium is the problem - it's the P2W. You shouldn't have to dump £1,000 on a browser game to 'get ahead', just get good. Premium itself is useful, it was/is quality of life. Dumping several hundred quid on resource boosts and quick-builds is just obscene. But hey, I don't even play anymore.

Also, guys, what happened to the forum? It's 'angin.

I agree with the forum issues. It needs a lot of work. Every message I send to staff gets ignored. Have 500 internal errors on most of their links. I would post articles but if Inno and staff are not going to put in the effort to maintain things then its not worth the bother.

Dan, and all the others complaining about the PtW aspects, its in just about every game on the Internet. The worst abuser was Dragon of Atlantis by Kabam. They actually modified the game mid stream so heavy paying customers had even more advantages and many players walked. Tribal Wars 2 is far more of a PtW scenario than TW1. Every, and I mean every decent game on the Internet has some form of payment to better your position. Tribal Wars 1 is no different. I played Travian for year and its no different there either. If a player is going to stop playing any game that has a PtW aspect to it then they might as well give up online gaming in total.

My point is I am willing to put up with some PtW aspects cause I think top level playing and a unified tribe can still prevail against serious credit card abusers.

Lyon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think Tw should get rid of all the corny "UK worlds" etc and make it one big server

honestly dont think that would change much. especially all the russian servers, polish. and list goes on and on. most people dont play tw for a reason and thats language.. its in innos benefit to keep those, unfortunately.. : /

.dan.101

My point is I am willing to put up with some PtW aspects cause I think top level playing and a unified tribe can still prevail against serious credit card abusers.

Don't get me wrong - I am too.

I'm against it in principle but I'm well aware it's here to stay. I do agree with everybody who bashes on it though, to an extent. I never liked it, and it doesn't really level the playing field as it does encourage ignorance. Why learn when you can spend?

And when you get a good player putting money into it to? Well in that case you've burnt down the playing the field - especially if you get an account with well covered time-zones and a wallet to match.

Regardless though, it's here to stay and I've got no dog in the fight. I only came on to check up on things out of curiosity, and seeing this thread I just had to post. Almost certain I posted in here like 3-years ago too.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thanks Dan

I have bounced from different game of this genre: Dragons of Atlantis, Travian, Realm of Empires, TW 1 and 2. I came back to TW1 cause I feel of all these games TW1 is 'the least pay to win' of them all. Granted, moola does indeed enhance your position, no argument from me. But if a person likes these type of games what other options are there really? If someone could point out a better city building game that uses less money to get ahead I would be very willing to look at it. I mean if a person will not play any online game which uses money for advancement they might as well quit online gaming in total.

On a side note, I read somewhere that TW was downloaded on Android somewhere around 10,000 in one month. While it may not be for everyone, its not a dying game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser115899

Anyone remember when tw served ad banners on both sides? It was annoying af but gameplay wasn't bad, at least there was no p2w. Like, I played last year after a while for nostalgia only to realise it's nothing I remembered from childhood (like 7 years back, I'm still in college, lol).

I wonder if there are games like tw without extensive premium boosts, some sort of non-profit open source game? If there isn't there should be one, ideas?

DeletedUser

Join Torn City! It's a great game. If you think TW is a dying game.

Use this referral link and I will personally help you with money and other resources to level you up and become a great player!

https://www.torn.com/2050199

DeletedUser66411

Couple of suggestions to bring back fun worlds to at least what the were a year or two ago. (We will never have worlds like when the game came out with the player base and decline of browser based games).

1.) Consolidate the player base.. Remove the country servers and actively promote the .net server.. You may have to let people use whatever language they want in order to not isolate non-english speakers.

2.) Reduce P2W. Buying resources was probably the worst thing to happen to TW and the amount the game has died since that introduction is incredible. Inno will never agree to this unless they can see an equal profit or greater. My solution would be to leave in PP to increase building times, buying flags, and the standard res boost. Premium/AM prices may have to go up in order to compensate for losses. But I would gladly pay the few extra dollars a month to eliminate resource buying.

3.) Bring back traditional world settings. At the very least go back to alternating worlds with old worlds/new world settings.

4.) Listen to the community.. Businesses that listen and react to community demands succeed. Sucking dry your remaining player base with no skill added pay features will continue the demise of this game. I have been playing this game for 10 years and this past year I have seen the greatest drop off in player base that I have seen in the previous 9.

DeletedUser105131

Couple of suggestions to bring back fun worlds to at least what the were a year or two ago. (We will never have worlds like when the game came out with the player base and decline of browser based games).

1.) Consolidate the player base.. Remove the country servers and actively promote the .net server.. You may have to let people use whatever language they want in order to not isolate non-english speakers.

2.) Reduce P2W. Buying resources was probably the worst thing to happen to TW and the amount the game has died since that introduction is incredible. Inno will never agree to this unless they can see an equal profit or greater. My solution would be to leave in PP to increase building times, buying flags, and the standard res boost. Premium/AM prices may have to go up in order to compensate for losses. But I would gladly pay the few extra dollars a month to eliminate resource buying.

3.) Bring back traditional world settings. At the very least go back to alternating worlds with old worlds/new world settings.

4.) Listen to the community.. Businesses that listen and react to community demands succeed. Sucking dry your remaining player base with no skill added pay features will continue the demise of this game. I have been playing this game for 10 years and this past year I have seen the greatest drop off in player base that I have seen in the previous 9.

I would suggest;

1/ No pp farming.
2/ No buying/selling res for pp.
3/ Keep quests/flags etc as this would help to keep new players onboard.

DeletedUser107086

I think you have a lot of good points, I wish Inno would listen to you :)

1) Maybe they should start by removing the .us and .uk servers, the people who play there already speak english. The less servers, the more players per server and the more fun the game is for everyone I think. Also less servers = less costs = more net profit right?

2) If Inno is prioritising money I think they would honestly make more if they worked on the game first to increase the number of players. All they have to do is remove buying/selling resources and limit how much you can reduce the building times (no more instant level 20 walls pls) and I believe a lot of the old player base would return. The PP/resource market feels like it killed the game. I think it would be a huge improvement to remove that and if they keep resource boosts, buying flags, limited building time decrease that wouldn't be too bad. If they think they're not making enough money with the new system, they can always get ads on the side, I don't think anyone would mind much tbh.

Or they could copy the league/dota skin system and allow players to buy purely cosmetic changes for premium points. Maybe they could create map graphical packages and sell them for quite a lot of rp. Or village graphical packages. They could also sell cheaper paladin and noblemen cosmetic changes.

4) I've been playing league of legends for a while now and one of the reasons they're so successful (imo) is that riot games is really good at listening to their players. The founders of riot were (and still are) gamers, they played many moba games and now they play league of legends. So they don't think like a company. They always release videos, ask for players' feedback on changes and actually listen to this. Like last season (less than a year ago) they released a thing called flex queue and no one liked it, a lot of the good players stopped playing ranked altogether. When riot noticed this, they first tried some changes and when the players still didn't like them they got rid of flex queue a few months later. They always try to keep in touch with their community too, like they have this thing called ask riot where players can send questions by mail and the more interesting ones get published on their website and answered by the riot founders themselves or other senior game designers. When players don't like patch updates, riot will listen to them and release hotfixes a few days later or make changes in the following patch (2 weeks). Sorry for the rant, but what I'm trying to say is: I think if inno was more open to/in-touch with their player base and actually listened to them and treated them as valued customers they would have more success with tribal wars (and their other games too I guess).

Servers have been getting smaller I've noticed and I just want the old TW back ;(

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
the start ups are really annoying these days. the game remains same in mid game and end game but this pp thing has ruined start ups.TW is still a great game and the premium stuffs are relatively cheaper than other games but still would love to see non p2p worlds occasionally.

DeletedUser121091

So,

I sold some resources over last couple of weeks to get enough PP to get a 7 day trial to loot assistant.

To be honest I used it like 3 times and stopped using it. One of its biggest shortcomings is how it only displays barbs when in my situation, recently abandoned villages were way more profitable. The info it gives about previous hauls and units lost lacks detail as well.

I realise there are other PP advantages. But it just goes to show that not every PP feature improves someone's game. Once I went back to my manual farming methods, I was way better off. Suits my game style better,

In hindsight what I should have done was held on those PP and sold them for a profit down the line. Another example of how people like me who don't open up their wallet and buy PP can actually make a profit by simple starting the game early and surviving long enough to sell that acquired PP at a decent profit.

DeletedUser12965

I think Tw should get rid of all the corny "UK worlds" etc and make it one big server

I hope that never happens i have been playing speed over there forever now and .net what i started on does not offer speed rounds on the reg i will never play another reg world again as if you wanna win it takes to much time instead on speed on .uk i can play a 6 hour round and win it and feel good instead of playing on a world for 8 years you call that winning lol

DeletedUser105718

I am fairly amazed that the game is still up and running. It's been what - 14 years now? With InnoGames moving on to other projects, it's a miracle they are still able to pay for the servers to host the original game.