The Resistance

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
We could include BiP's relationship with Infamy in here also, yes? Friends help each other, Infamy has a tiny border with TEA to cover, they'd have plenty spare...

You obviously make grand assumptions that Infamy have sent some mass amount of support to BiP. Amusing, but simply not true. Try again.

Infamy also has to support their border with TEA (which is a bit larger than you like to admit) and also with W A R and even still has some remnant of rim tribes that try to get lucky once in a while. Infamy also has a significantly fewer amount of villages than BiP or TEA (1860 fewer than TEA at the moment).

So you may surmise that TEA has more total defense (lets forget about Infamy/WAR in that, nobody has confirmed any involvement by either tribe)

W A R has a NAP with TEA. The terms of the NAP included W A R providing a certain amount of defense to TEA. TEA can try to deny this all they want here on the externals and I may not have specific proof that W A R actually sent defense, but I do have knowledge of the NAP discussions and the deliberating over the amount of D that W A R was going to be required to send to TEA fronts.

Then you get clowns like this pop along, make a statement and don't offer up any facts or material to back up said statement.

You make a lot of statements without facts as well. The externals are full of statements by players in all tribes that are not entirely factual. Rumors and exaggerations spread wild here.

DeletedUser110779

tea, p-w & war 9133 vills
bip & infamy 9396 vills

But since it only is a war between bip & tea/p-w 5567 vs 8046 with support from war.

So that "We have to support other places" from u guys in tea pleaze do me a favor and shut it ;)

Mithrae

Seems Infamy and BiP cleaned there backyards better than TEA, now when war comes they are not aloud to take the benefits they have earned without hearing excuses?

But since it only is a war between bip & tea/p-w 5567 vs 8046 with support from war.

So that "We have to support other places" from u guys in tea pleaze do me a favor and shut it ;)

Give BiP's leadership some credit guys: It was a war started largely to deny TEA the time to clear up its large rim. That's perfectly fair and it's good strategy, and BiP have been playing very well and achieving considerable success. But none of that changes the fact that TEA does indeed have to keep an eye on much larger hostile borders than BiP; about the same length again with hostile rim tribes as the shared TEA/BiP border, even discounting Infamy entirely (who are not yet openly hostile, despite some nukes early in the war).

Hell, if I was in BiP I'd be taking credit for that strategic advantage, not spending all my efforts trying to deny the bleeding obvious or insulting people who point it out.

We're still in the very early stages yet, and with many of the most vulnerable account/villages exchanged between the sides things have already begun to slow down a bit. Let's just enjoy it as it comes.

Last edited:

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
That would be down to Tea's recruitment more than anything. For example if Dist were still a seperate tribe, Tea frontline with BiP would be alot smaller. That and a failure to clear the backline before a large war like BiP or Infamy did is a result in a much larger border that tea needs to support.

So many different ways to look at it. Tea could argue that they were dragged into a war with 2hard so had no choice. If they respected their Allies/NAP whatever 2hard was more than their recruitment of an enemy or their dip's enemy. They probably would of still had 2Hard on their side.

Who knows.

DeletedUser

I think most people have the wrong perspective on the battlefield. It is true that TEA has failed to clear up its rim, but the focus on it is far too much for something that is relatively minor. TEA's failure to clean up the rim, so to speak, is largely mitigated by the fact they have a family tribe. Furthermore, this failure consists of one 5.5 million point tribe (Farm). The other tribes have never ever done any sort of damage to TEA.

TEA want people to talk about the failure to clear up the rim. It sounds like something that is more out of TEA's control, even though one could argue it was greedy expansion and space grabbing that caused there to be backline threats at an inopportune time. TEA is losing because of failure in the battlefield, a far worse crime and they really need to be winning to have a reasonable chance vs. Infamy and BiP if that turns out to be the matchup.

The relationships TEA thinks they have, especially near Infamy, are far weaker than people on the publics perceive. The W A R family for example has never been, and never will be TEA's friend, they will choose the side of the winner. Another problem with recruiting from random rim tribes and the enemy is that a lot of people in TEA/P-W don't really like TEA but are there anyways because there is no other option.

It all depends on the response of Infamy. TEA needs to look like they are losing or absolutely crushing face to have any realistic chance of Infamy joining in vs. BiP, but at the same time, if TEA look like they are losing and Infamy decide to attack TEA, TEA are in an even worse position since parts of their front and their allies will desert them. No really easy answer there.

I won't be too hastened to criticise TEA's performance, as losing on purpose is a play they can make.

Mithrae

That would be down to Tea's recruitment more than anything. For example if Dist were still a seperate tribe, Tea frontline with BiP would be alot smaller. That and a failure to clear the backline before a large war like BiP or Infamy did is a result in a much larger border that tea needs to support.

So many different ways to look at it. Tea could argue that they were dragged into a war with 2hard so had no choice. If they respected their Allies/NAP whatever 2hard was more than their recruitment of an enemy or their dip's enemy. They probably would of still had 2Hard on their side.

Who knows.

*shrugs* It's been argued to death already but, again, in December 2HARD were surrounded by enemies, at war with WET, Defy, BiP and Distortion, losing significant ground to the latter pair. After TEA had finished with ANTZ (from whom 2HARD recruited a number of members), their move against WET was an obvious next step to help take pressure off their allies. But before too long, 2HARD's response was to start mass recruiting from WET (members which as we saw ended up being eaten with remarkable efficiency and ease). I don't know which set of recruitment/merge talks started first, but undeniably 2HARD's WET recruitment came before TEA's merge with Distortion. And in any case, far from being mortal enemies or future food, 2HARD themselves were pushing for a Distortion merge to take the pressure off themselves.

Ragnar was simply pissed that Dist. picked the better tribe to join, and instead of taking that golden opportunity to focus fully on the wars they'd started with BiP and Defy, while TEA took the obvious next step of securing their rim, he (allegedly, but from my own conversations with him very plausibly) started talking to other tribes about war against TEA apparently with the hope (as Seven Devils later revealed) of Infamy joining in.

Given that outcome, TEA may or may not have overextended themselves. But they probably weren't bad decisions at the time, and if they can successfully secure their rim without losing more ground to BiP the strategy still has a good chance of paying off with at least a fighting chance against the other two bigguns.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118278

Tea recruited Dist before 2hard recruited WET.

How do i know? Cuz i talked with Ragnar, and he said straight out, he recruited WET to piss of Tea, the same way recruited Dist FIRST, to piss off 2hard.

Mithrae

Tea recruited Dist before 2hard recruited WET.

How do i know? Cuz i talked with Ragnar, and he said straight out, he recruited WET to piss of Tea, the same way recruited Dist FIRST, to piss off 2hard.

Even if that were the case - and like I said, I don't know which talks began first (though 2HARD certainly recruited half a dozen WET members before Christmas, while the TEA/Dist. merge was after) - it doesn't change the fact that Distortion were neither food nor mortal enemies to 2HARD. They were the second biggest threat, who 2HARD wanted become friends with: Ragnar was just pissed that they were neutralized by choosing the better tribe. So he decided to mass recruit accounts which should have been food for 2HARD as well as TEA... deliberately pissing off his ally, the then #1 tribe, while still at war with and losing ground to the #2 tribe (and little Defy still at their backs).

Though in fairness I heard a rumour that Ragnar thought the Christmas/New Year NAP between your two tribes was permanent, which would make his actions more understandable; hopefully that was only a misunderstanding on his part!

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
Yes Daenerys. That is what I mean when I say Tea still could of had 2Hard on their side if they respected their diplomacy instead of recruiting their Friends enemy.

It was obvious it would of been a choice of 2Hard or Dist. Tea chose to ignore the fact that 2hard surrounded BiP which could of bided them time to expand into the SE at will. Even with 2hard losing the BiP war

DeletedUser117534

TEA misread the situation a little bit, they didn't expect 2HARD to join BIP down the line knowing the bad blood between the two tribes. Or if they expected it they underestimated BIP capabilities and maybe overestimated HARDNutz. They also had a lot of confidence back then encouraging them to take more baldly approach to diplomacy and play a bit riskier. That's always a risk for tribes being the undisputed leaders, that self confidence can be very elusive.

Regardless of what was said or what happened to this point all three tribes have a good chance to win. Now it will depend on determination, activity but for most the leadership. We have so many great players still in the game lets hope we all enjoy W90 to the end. Whoever wins all three tribes and their leaders deserve a ton of respect.

Mithrae

Yes Daenerys. That is what I mean when I say Tea still could of had 2Hard on their side if they respected their diplomacy instead of recruiting their Friends enemy.

It was obvious it would of been a choice of 2Hard or Dist. Tea chose to ignore the fact that 2hard surrounded BiP which could of bided them time to expand into the SE at will. Even with 2hard losing the BiP war

I'm not sure how much you've spoken to King Ragnar yourself, but nothing is ever obvious where he's involved. I'm sure any ex-Defy or (if they're honest) BiP and doubtless Distortion too can confirm that he'll say anything at any time that he thinks might get him what he wants, and some folk have suggested that the same was true in his previous worlds too. From the first couple of weeks of this world he was already planning to betray his alliance with BiP, or so he told me and so he actually did. You can go back and read the correspondence King Banana posted of Ragnar's flowery declarations of unending fealty, if you'd like. But shortly afterwards, the public excuse for that betrayal was that 2HARD refused to be BiP's puppet; precisely the same claim made against TEA a couple of months later.

I really can't imagine that TMAC and the others were ignorant of his nature. Yes, helping against WET and neutralizing Distortion were moves which would have taken half the pressure off 2HARD, if they'd been bright enough to accept it. Granted there was never much hope of 2HARD winning the world - they did well enough to survive for so long against BiP, even making substantial gains early in the war - but it certainly had the potential to be a mutually beneficial alliance. But perhaps not reliable enough to deny recruits as worthy as the Distortion crew, merely on the off chance of a wildly counter-productive temper tantrum from King Ragnar :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser118278

Sometimes you come to a part when you have no other better solution than to trust eachothers (even if your blood enemies). If you just barry that hatchet anything can happen if you work together, thats something i know, and thats what have happened between BiP and ex-2hard.

Quammel

Trustme and razor, I respect the defending you have done yesterday. Good work can be mentioned too. If you have any nukes/trains, feel free to attack us, I think trustme knows my ign. I want to defend, that has always been my favourite part of every fight.

MaestroSeniorMayheM

Interesting war :) GL to both sides and btw, Hi Smurf and Hocchamp hahaha :p

DeletedUser88324

I just wanted to take a quick moment to address the several TEA members that have been whining both here and ingame/skype/etc about Infamy sniping trains and allegadly stacking Bip against TEA.

You dont like it? Tiugh luck. It aint our fault TEA leaders did a poor job every time they sat accounts in rim tribes we were opping/fighting to try and slow us down. Maybe if they spent half the time they did failing miserably at trying to slow us downvia sits (yes, and Trex was even sitting Wicked duke sending CMs to the tribe trying to hype them.. very sad tbh) and put that effort into bettering TEA's offensive and defensive strategy on their own battlefield, you would have been able to make progess against BiP. Who knows..

TEA's overall strategy up to this moment in the world has been below mediocre. Instead of making up external excuses, look to your leadership for answers.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a quick moment to address the several TEA members that have been whining both here and ingame/skype/etc about Infamy sniping trains and allegadly stacking Bip against TEA.

You dont like it? Tiugh luck. It aint our fault TEA leaders did a poor job every time they sat accounts in rim tribes we were opping/fighting to try and slow us down. Maybe if they spent half the time they did failing miserably at trying to slow us downvia sits (yes, and Trex was even sitting Wicked duke sending CMs to the tribe trying to hype them.. very sad tbh) and put that effort into bettering TEA's offensive and defensive strategy on their own battlefield, you would have been able to make progess against BiP. Who knows..

TEA's overall strategy up to this moment in the world has been below mediocre. Instead of making up external excuses, look to your leadership for answers.

You always planned to war us. We sit those who ask for help. I think it's perfectly reasonable. What's wrong with that? We didn't have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines like you for so long.

DeletedUser88324

You always planned to war us. We sit those who ask for help. I think it's perfectly reasonable. What's wrong with that? We didn't have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines like you for so long.

81b2e416d6f0cd5758ffef3621c5535b.png