Bug on classic world

DeletedUser91425

Yes I know the world is going to end soon but that's not the point here.

After pointing out a problem with the tagger (tags cats as nobles) I've been told since they won't be using it again they won't fix it.

After bringing up points of what can and more than likely will happen I'm been ignored.

skinnytoothpick2017-07-15 00:06:41
The in game tagger tags cats as nobles.
Tribal Wars - Customer Support2017-07-15 01:25:49
Hello skinnytoothpick,

Thank you for bringing this potential issue to our attention. We will investigate further and get back to you if we have any further questions.

Best Regards,

TheRiverStyx
Senior In-Game Moderator
Tribal Wars Support
Tribal Wars - Customer Support2017-07-15 17:29:00
Hello skinnytoothpick,

Unfortunately the tagger is not currently compatible with the old world configuration which has rams and catapults at different speeds.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Community Manager
skinnytoothpick2017-07-15 17:46:04
Is it going to be fixed?
Tribal Wars - Customer Support2017-07-15 17:47:24
There are currently not any plans to because this would require a rewrite of the tagger to support a system that won't be used again. We decided to leave the tagger as it is, rather than remove it from this config.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Community Manager
skinnytoothpick2017-07-15 17:59:22
Are you going to send a message to everyone to inform them of the problem?

This also will cause problems as players will use this to their advantage as I'm guessing people already know and are exploiting this problem.
skinnytoothpick2017-07-15 19:23:38
This is the issue that will be faced. Say a tribe sends cats in their nukes and 1 cat for fakes. You get 100+ of those they will all show up with tagger as nobles. This makes the tagger useless as they will have to go through every single attack to recheck speeds. Having a proper working tagger is part of the paying of a premium account.

Just because they won't use it again we pay them for this to be properly working regardless of them not using it again.

Maybe if we get enough people to say something they will get it working properly.

DeletedUser117978

Damn thats not good TW staff need to get on top of this. I for one pay good money for premium and the aid it provides if its not working then they're robbing us blind :)

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
as part of the miscellaneous rules
*If you experience a bug you must immediately report it to the support team. Failing to do so may result in a punishment.

what is the punishment for exploiting a bug that tw support refuses to fix???
or is this rule non-existent anymore??

also considering players can take advantage of it
through joint Ops or general cooperation I believe this rule would also come into effect

*Knowingly benefiting from another player breaking the rules will also lead to actions being taken against your account. If you think you have benefited from a breach of rules, you must report this.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 10017355

I couldn't find anywhere where the PA subscription said it would be providing the distance calulator/tagger so I don't think we have a leg to stand on in terms of it being a requirment of our purchase and blah blah...

So here is a tagging script, it's never lied to me. I'm not on the classic world, but if it is taken from an old server, attack ID may be back to it's chronological best? Either way, the "select all" -> "label" method was never around when this world is targeting so it's not something I would have been expecting anyway :D

Code:
javascript:  $('input:checkbox').each(function() { this.checked = !this.checked; });  var Append_Text = "Tagged: " + document.getElementById("serverDate").innerHTML.substring (0, 5) + "," + document.getElementById("serverTime").innerHTML;  var format = '%unit% %coords% %player% %sent% ' + Append_Text; $('input[name=label_format]').val(format).parents('form').find('input[name=label]').click()

DeletedUser93439

Wrong tagging isn't game breaking or anything remotely critical in this scenario. Classic uses - as morthy pointed out - a system that's not going to be used again in the forseeable future.

This isn't even a bug, the tool works fairly okay on real worlds. High performance and classic worlds with exceptional settings are always at risk of encountering some minor hurdles and this thing is pretty minor if you ask me.

DeletedUser91425

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

This makes anyone that uses the cat trains knowing that it's a bug is breaking the rules technically.

There have been times they say this is a one time thing that comes back. If it gets us to us and buy more PP tribal wars will do it again. Tribal wars has gone from a competitive game to let's see how much money we can make. I still will play but probably less now then before.

Now tribal wars staff should of tested this knowing that walk times of rams and cats were different. I got a reply finally on what they are going to do.

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2017-07-16 11:38:00
This feature is not a marketed part of the Premium Account. We will look into removing it since it's causing problems.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Community Manager

Bad how it takes so many compliments to get something done. I know I wasn't the first person to bring this to their attention. As soon as the problem was either noticed or brought to their attention it should of been fixed or taken off. My problem with this is the lack of action by the tw staff.

dase.us

This feature is not a marketed part of the Premium Account. We will look into removing it since it's causing problems.

Who is the guy that answered to this ?I would like to see this guy tag incomings automatically with the Label function without having premium.

You need premium to have the incomings overview and label multiple attacks automatically without a script.
I honestly can't understand how some people get in the tw staff when all they do is basically copy paste answers from previous tickets.

I made a week ago a ticket about this issue with cats they asked me how did it occur,I explained etc.Apparently I have wasted my time.Sure,it's a thing everyone can abuse,but abusing a bug as stated above is against the rules.I suppose this is a one time world with no rules.Should I get some bots running if rules don't apply on Classic ?

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I couldn't find anywhere where the PA subscription said it would be providing the distance calulator/tagger so I don't think we have a leg to stand on in terms of it being a requirment of our purchase and blah blah...

So here is a tagging script, it's never lied to me. I'm not on the classic world, but if it is taken from an old server, attack ID may be back to it's chronological best? Either way, the "select all" -> "label" method was never around when this world is targeting so it's not something I would have been expecting anyway :D

Code:
javascript:  $('input:checkbox').each(function() { this.checked = !this.checked; });  var Append_Text = "Tagged: " + document.getElementById("serverDate").innerHTML.substring (0, 5) + "," + document.getElementById("serverTime").innerHTML;  var format = '%unit% %coords% %player% %sent% ' + Append_Text; $('input[name=label_format]').val(format).parents('form').find('input[name=label]').click()

thank you for the script, since they said they aint playing the classic world
can someone check it out and see if it has the same issues as the ingame one??

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Community Manager

it may not be overly advertised/marketed as one of the features of a premium account [even though it is mentioned as renaming commands - essentially tagging]
but that doesn't change the fact that its only accessible through having a premium account
now since you cant tag an incoming without having a premium account
makes it is apart of the premium features that requires pp/cash to gain

a snippet from the premium feature page
--------------------------------------------------------------
And much more!
Being able to sort reports and mails into different folders, renaming commands and getting access to an address book are just a few of the other features. Thank you for your interest in supporting Tribal Wars!

DeletedUser656

Hi,

I appreciate the concern over the feature and I'm sorry that we haven't met expectations here.

The command tagger was developed in early 2014 and makes certain assumptions about the game data. One of those assumptions is that rams move at the same speed as catapults. As such, the tagger is able to make a number of assumptions when tagging and so excludes spears, archers, mounted archers, catapults and paladins from the calculations.

If we include all units in the calculation, then the current implementation would break for the ~330 worlds using the normal settings. To get the tagger working with this world's config, we'd have to re-implement parts of the tagger from scratch, which requires planning, developer work, QA, etc. The earliest we'd conceivably be able to release this is a mere few days before the end of the world.

As you might know, this world is using the game balancing data from the first version of Die Staemme (W1). For the last 14 years we've maintained the game code (for the most part, apart from the tagger it seems :) ) to keep support for old settings despite only being used rarely. We recently decided that the overhead of keeping this support in the code was slowing us down, so actually this world will be the last time we use the game balancing data from pre DE W5, and then support for it shall be removed from the code entirely in just a couple of weeks.

I know that the tagger is implemented on the incomings overview, and that it uses the renaming feature, which are both premium features. However, this tagger has existed only since 2014 and so would not have been part of the game to match the classic settings on this world.

Hopefully this explains why we're taking the steps we are. For me, it's better to not have the feature than to have the feature working inaccurately. We can very easily disable a feature on a certain world without having to go through the normal development process of improving or changing a feature.

Morthy

dase.us

You could've just set ram and cat speed to be the same.Simple config change,no need for developer work.

But then again removing something broken is easier than fixing it.First world with almost no pp features and you screwed up everything from speed to premium features.gj inno.pits producing like speed 10 on speed 12 supposed to be speed 6,was speed 3 at opening.This classic round just keeps on surprising us with more and more bugs.If you had the premium market here to make money off of this round I am sure this bug would have been fixed.

DeletedUser656

Unit speeds cannot be individually customized, they are tied to the base_config setting as a whole. The speed was changed because there was a general misunderstanding that with base_config 1, the res production is indeed half of normal values.