2nd Tribalwars Podcast! Guests: Lisa, Karina and ToPaT. 06/08 ~18ST

blckdrgn1

Was an interesting interview :)

You asked about playing while having a family. I have a full time job and 3 kids and a fourth kid coming in the next week or two yet I was able to win on world 75, 81 as duke solo, and on w89. Part of it is being in IT and being able to check tw any time I want. The main thing though is having a tribe of people who play hard and work together well to kill threats and create a safe zone to work from so constant activity isn't always necessary.

Having mobile alerts helps a ton and you have to be willing to wake up and respond to attacks if you are attacked at night or have a reliable coplayer. When I was solo as duke on world 81 I was on a backline account so I could easily focus on making ops and such since I was never the focus of enemy ops.

Long story short it can be done with limited time provided you have a strong team to play with and that you handle the political cards properly to avoid gang bangs.

DeletedUser101399

Holly, the most interesting observation and questions you asked got sidetracked by ToPaT (go figure ;)) and not discussed or answered. See the 20 minute mark.

As a female playing TW I agree with you that it seems that recently there is an increase in women players. W91 for a short time there was 5-8 women in CORP alone, and I can currently count 5 in W91 in the top 20.

Over the last 9 years that I have played TW, typically there might be one other female in top ranks. Maybe as the count of players of TW have declined, maybe more of the women have continued to play and not stopped, thus increasing the ratio of female to male experienced players.

You asked if women who are "semi good" get noticed more easily because they are women and thus get up into the elite circles easier making it seem like there are more women then there use to be.

Well, if you look at W91, I would say that the 5 women in the top 20 shows that we are more than "semi good" :p and I believe that alot of us have earned our place in the elite circles and we are not just there because of some favoritism or popularity because we are women. That may be the case for some I suppose, myself, I have proven skills and loyalty have won worlds that have earned respect from most people who have worked closely with me.

Anyway, I thought that was an interesting observation that you made and wanted to comment on it since it got off topic before the question was answered.

It depends from world to world.

I think more women have ended up in the top 20 because coplaying is more prominent and therefore you are talking about often 40-80 players or even more if you consider past coplayers rather than 20. I think the rate has been pretty consistently somewhere between 5-10% at a guess, closer to 10% at the top level. I think that was also the case in earlier worlds, though you knew less about players than you do now because the majority of stuff was done ingame or on external forums in early tribes (sometimes vent or iirc based) rather than skype based.

On W87, 4 of the top 20 accounts had female players on, though there were only 34 accounts at the end. On W93 where I am currently playing, I believe only one of the top 20 accounts has a female player on (though I could be wrong). So it depends on world to world.

I don't think it says anything about whether women are better than men at TW or vice versa, just that the vast majority of the player base are male.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser101399

If you do get billy on, I want to know how it felt to be nobled by a barb.

DeletedUser

Now now, we also made fun of him for awhile for losing his main vilalge to sword speed nobles in W93. I was really hoping that one would stick.

How'd that support ticket go, Billy?

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Point #1: Personal insults isn't tolerated. This seem to be a hard concept for some. Work more on it.
Point #2: If you have things to say about moderation, feel free to PM me. It doesn't belong in this thread, certainly not as a downward spiral that will in the end just get people banned because they can't keep it civil.

Now lets keep this thread on-topic, yes?

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I was thinking, would there be an interest in hearing from other servers? For a while now I've wanted to get in touch with .se or .no and .nl or others and try and hear how things are there and how come people prefer for example .uk or .us, their respetice servers basically... Over .net :)

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking, would there be an interest in hearing from other servers? For a while now I've wanted to get in touch with .se or .no and .nl or others and try and hear how things are there and how come people prefer for example .uk or .us, their respetice servers basically... Over .net :)

I think that could be quite interesting, yes :)

DeletedUser117534

What about inviting dukes of announced Premades for W100, it could increase the hype this hopefully epic world where so many players said it will be their last, it would be interesting to know who's been rostered in those Premades, who is leading, are there any spots available, Just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117534

Or maybe the focus of podcast should be on topics rather than people discussing it. For instance you could have an episode (or run a whole series) debating the simplest of questions,

What in your opinion makes a successful tribe?

It could be very interesting to see some experienced players going through important aspects of a tribe layer by layer like;

the player base,
recruitment,
activity,
leadership styles and structure,
communication,
morale,
diplomacy,
external forums,
farming,
premium points,
different stages of the game,
advantages of premades, etc

I though it could be more engaging for wider audiences if your were focusing more on technicalities of the game and having it sort of as a guide , I am sure a lot of players would tune in to hear those discussions.