W90 Champ Discussion

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I thought perhaps we should make a separate discussion thread so players have more of an opportunity to debate.

The best player in this world would be the Devil Bunny Account. Sad whatever happened with Delete and even players in Delete would not know the true potential of the Devil account. Sad way for the world to finish but my money would definitely go to the bunny account. Only if he had the support he needed and not the drama that TEA/Delete that account would have actually tried more than it has.

A couple players have argued that Devil Bunny is the best player in the world. Personally I have a lot of respect for that account and they have both attacked and defended well, but I don't feel like they have done enough on this world to be considered the best player. Potential doesn't count here. Achievement does.

DeletedUser101399

I don't believe in potential or reputation. I just look at positioning and go if x was in that position would they have done better? Here's the thing the likes of mezonis are in the winning tribe and it's fair enough that they look better because they arein a different position. If mezonis, and I've played with him multiple times, was in the same position as the devil bunny, not only would he have done worse, the entire front would have collapsed.

You are talking holding you mike mezonis purely etc off with a bunch of first time players many of whom don't have premium or watchtowers and can't speak English and turning a mismatch into even into victory where it would have probably continued in a vacuum. Yes there was multiple people involved. Some people said mezonis is the full package and I disagree, a mechanical full package sure you could make debates for that but there is more to TW than just pure mechanics.

I'm not saying here devil bunny is the best in the world best in tea currently sure. From my perspective for multiple unrelated reasons the front went inactive and therefore people got villages. Should I be counting that towards the being the best and forget the 3 months where those same players couldn't take an enemy village for their life and people said they were overrated and underperforming?

See that's the thing imo there are a few good players in bip who really put the work in and fair dos to them, same with tea and with infamy back in the day. I don't go all of bip is better than all of tea because bip is winning the war and the stats look better that's dumb. Plenty of times, though not saying this one, the losing tribe has had the best player in the world. It takes more than one account to get victory, you should know this well Jorge.

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It takes more than one account to get victory, you should know this well Jorge.

I do know this. The purpose was to generate discussion. There are a lot of factors that go into someone's gameplay and how much success they have on a world. For example, I haven't been very motivated on w90 since Mike quit. I haven't put in the same amount of time into the account as I have on other worlds because of that.

Circumstances and positions on a world do play a large role in success. However, ambition and risk is often necessary to change those things just as much as showing up every day. Great players are willing to gamble sometimes to change their circumstances and don't just accept the lot that they have. They are always looking for a place to grow and persevere until they find success.

DeletedUser101399

Not always, the world was essentially split into two for a long time, you were either on the winning side and you looked great or on the losing side and looked shit. Yes a few players, if they were bothered, could have gotten into Infamy/BiP. I was one of them, but I ended up sticking to my guns as I'm not desperate for the Win itself.

If I was desperate for the win, the way things would have gone would be different, but the world was just a time waster originally whilst I won W87 and I was never a fan of TEA or NAM from a historical perspective though I like individuals there. I didn't like watchtower which turned me further off the world, it was boring being next to decent enough players but being able to wall them with hardly any effort and the same with the sits assuming they weren't trashed by the time they were taken. Several people this world are like that. Yes, I had the potential to be in BiP or even possibly help carry TEA to victory but I didn't. That's why I don't count it.

That's assuming I did stuff, if I had been 1 continent further north without doing anything, I'd have won the world just by virtue of my position. The front would have also been a lot easier for Infamy/BiP but that's a different story.

I only count what happened, in what happened, the accolades that I gave still count and I'd stand by my assessment.

World Winner

Reaction score
I thought perhaps we should make a separate discussion thread so players have more of an opportunity to debate.

A couple players have argued that Devil Bunny is the best player in the world. Personally I have a lot of respect for that account and they have both attacked and defended well, but I don't feel like they have done enough on this world to be considered the best player. Potential doesn't count here. Achievement does.

I will vote The Devil Bunny the best player in the world, just my point of view being a member of Delete and what I've seen so far, the players in the account deserved to be best imo as they help organize small OP among players at the western area, managed to attack/defend well and most importantly being a true team player, they basically help to snipe almost all trains without any questioning and not once, I would say for most snipes~ so yeah.