Wow! This is all a little sad

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

i'm really hoping that that fuzz about unsnipable train wasn't about noble nukes cause it's just as dumb as saying that it's so much better then antisniping... :confused: gotta forgive me, i'm also a noob, just learning about the game aswell before someone starts to bash me... :(

mattcurr

Kinda close not exactly what I meant. And how could you realistically defend that at this stage you can't go around sacrificing your armies like that

But On that subject, firstly pre nobling is only an issue for the attacker in packet worlds this is coin worlds. To the comment about clearing yourself with them, come on dude you're not thinking, why would you time noble nukes that tight: timing tight is about stopping sniping, if you're going to defend 0 wall vs my noble nukes by all means burn through your defense like that

If you have 1 village you won't find yourself in a 4 noble nuke situation, unless you're actively at current being rimmed of course.
unless you're an old school start up whore. This is how I rimmed sneggy and king Sam. It's also how they tried to rim little old me in w79. 5 Nobles when the world had less than 10 all at my 1 singular village. Which BTW no didn't get rimmed, not because I was amazing but because my team was prepared for anything

Top level play is a lot different back then guys I never meant this as a whole thing, I didn't think anyone was crazy enough to think it's harder now. but the fact that you guys can't even picture things that I had to defend against kinda shows it

Last edited:

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

then i'm still waiting for you to share wisdom of unsnipable trains with us... please speak, o glorious one.

mattcurr

then i'm still waiting for you to share wisdom of unsnipable trains with us... please speak, o glorious one.
And what good would it have done to do that now we have a whole group of people discussing the ins and outs of a few different strategies. Obviously the people who posted after that guy saying pre noble never thought about not using tight timing with noble nukes, and maybe someone has a counter to something I say that I haven't thought of. There's a reason that the socratic teaching method has been used for thousands of years. If no one gets it I'll say, but it's so very simple if people would step out of the box. Obviously no train is unsnipeable but this way it would cost them a high enough amount they should have stacked and you'd likely still have gotten it. It should leave you in early game if at top level play forcing people into a stack or die scenario.

That frustration you're feeling causing you you to spew insults, channel it into problem solving skills.

Last edited:

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Tightly timed noble-nukes are probably one of the more effective strategies out there if done right. You cant always just recap vils if they're on the front. Chances are that most of the time you're best off stacking the village where possible. Sniping is kinda a 'last resort' strategy that should be done mainly to conserve troops if its not going to be cost-effective for you as the defender to stack the village to kill off x prenukes

*GranTorino

Tight timed nuke nobles are an awful strategy, only in start-up play timing nobles with friends is feasible, because after start up most decent players will hugely punish you for it via strategies mentioned above.

Also, sniping should always be a first resort, never last. Stacking should only ever be pre-emptively organised unless the situation is desperate where sniping is no longer an option.

EDIT: Admittedly I also have no idea what strategy Matt is talking about, if he wasn't referring to nuke nobles of any sort I can only imagine he's referring to bouncing nobles, or split nobles which would be silly. Split nobles are still snipeable but costly, and bouncing nobles are easy to defend with the right team and only feasible in start up; though un-snipeable of course.

Last edited:

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Tight timed nuke nobles are an awful strategy, only in start-up play timing nobles with friends is feasible, because after start up most decent players will hugely punish you for it via strategies mentioned above.

Also, sniping should always be a first resort, never last. Stacking should only ever be pre-emptively organised unless the situation is desperate where sniping is no longer an option.

EDIT: Admittedly I also have no idea what strategy Matt is talking about, if he wasn't referring to nuke nobles of any sort I can only imagine he's referring to bouncing nobles, or split nobles which would be silly. Split nobles are still snipeable but costly, and bouncing nobles are easy to defend with the right team and only feasible in start up; though un-snipeable of course.

Eh.

I dont know you or what level you've played at but ultimately you're wrong. I can only imagine you havent yet been in a high pressure large world frontline account which is fine as most people havent really. Not trying to have a go at you just explain things, different strategies for different levels of play.

When you're at 20k incs of which 2k of those are nobles and 70% of those nobles are noble nukes landing over a 2-3 day period then the normal strategies of qt recapping or sniping with 500 spears/swords doesnt work. 300 noble nuke trains incoming at your frontline each of which with 10-50 prenukes with multiple nukes going to every midline village catting hq/farm/smithy to 1. Dodging thousands of attacks all day every day making sure you keep your def scraps alive and nukes for recapping should any trains somehow get through. Need to keep your frontline vil def alive as well for emergency sniping short-range trains. This is on top of the 300m ODD you've already gained in the last month as they've made it their goal to break your account down.

The main reason to snipe is when you dont have the troops to cleanly and confidently kill all the nukes without losing too many troops while stacking. Admittedly that might be 80% of the time but it still shouldnt be your first port of call before assessing how many troops you have at your disposal. Its a very important tool when defending but if given the luxury i would stack over snipe every day of the week.

mattcurr

Eh.

I dont know you or what level you've played at but ultimately you're wrong. I can only imagine you havent yet been in a high pressure large world frontline account which is fine as most people havent really. Not trying to have a go at you just explain things, different strategies for different levels of play.

When you're at 20k incs of which 2k of those are nobles and 70% of those nobles are noble nukes landing over a 2-3 day period then the normal strategies of qt recapping or sniping with 500 spears/swords doesnt work. 300 noble nuke trains incoming at your frontline each of which with 10-50 prenukes with multiple nukes going to every midline village catting hq/farm/smithy to 1. Dodging thousands of attacks all day every day making sure you keep your def scraps alive and nukes for recapping should any trains somehow get through. Need to keep your frontline vil def alive as well for emergency sniping short-range trains. This is on top of the 300m ODD you've already gained in the last month as they've made it their goal to break your account down.

The main reason to snipe is when you dont have the troops to cleanly and confidently kill all the nukes without losing too many troops while stacking. Admittedly that might be 80% of the time but it still shouldnt be your first port of call before assessing how many troops you have at your disposal. Its a very important tool when defending but if given the luxury i would stack over snipe every day of the week.
The only thing I'd say is that back in the day when all 100 K's filled it was possible that it was more time consuming for him to be sniped than rebuild his army because of the walk distance. I don't think this is even possible in modern worlds.

@*GranTorino

Your edit contains exactly 50% of what I mean. It does involve splitting your army up. Again keep in mind I'm talking about top level play

Garrock

Eh.

Exactly... this actually sums old world of play vs. new. We'll never know if some of the better newer generation of players would stand up to this, most certainly none who have just begun Tribal Wars in the past 3-4 years have faced anything like this, days on end, sometimes weeks of constant bombardment with nukes, with nobles, and as Minty says, 1000s upon 1000s of fakes mixed with real nukes... anyone can argue that the skill of TW can be learned by anyone, and that is true, but the endurance, tenacity, certain levels of aggressiveness, planning, executing, (strategy), and yes, how you deal with people are skillsets too. I look at this world, w95, the first ptw world I've played, and I see people who are building solely from spending PP, or nobling villages that were built specifically for them, I see this top 25 of players and in it, I see very few and very little evidence of sound play. Not to say there are not players in it who are not good players, I'm just saying that nothing most of them have done is evidence of it yet.

*GranTorino

Eh.

I'm not wrong with that. If the enemy launched an op on me with nobles landing over a 2-3 day period, 70% of which were tightly timed nuke nobles I would be laughing and thanking them for the opportunity of such an efficient trade.

I've never had 20k incomings, no. But that may be because I'm more of a 'new age' player, and that level of incoming is more of a rarity to be dealing with given current world sizes, though once incomings get to 5k+ I can imagine in proportion its all the same dealing with them when the correct dynamic groups are set up and utilised.

I haven't disregarded stacking entirely, its a vital component in defending but should be used properly, and to be used properly is to be used pre-emptively as opposed to last minute.

Your scenario suggests that you are a heavily frontline account, in which case we already know you do not have a lot of troops at your disposal with that sort of pressure on you, Though I appreciate your feedback and opinion, I feel like the post is a little bit contradictory and doesn't justify your point.

Assessing troops at your disposal goes without saying when stacking OR sniping in any case.

You shouldn't look at sniping as an option only when stacking is out of the question. Sniping should always be used in defending trains, even if you think you are certain that the incoming nukes will not clear the pre-stacked village you should take the precaution. I will also add to this that I would highly advise against sniping with as little as 500/500.

The only thing I'd say is that back in the day when all 100 K's filled it was possible that it was more time consuming for him to be sniped than rebuild his army because of the walk distance. I don't think this is even possible in modern worlds.

@*GranTorino

Your edit contains exactly 50% of what I mean. It does involve splitting your army up. Again keep in mind I'm talking about top level play

Do tell, Do tell!

Last edited:

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
I'm not wrong with that. If the enemy launched an op on me with nobles landing over a 2-3 day period, 70% of which were tightly timed nuke nobles I would be laughing and thanking them for the opportunity of such an efficient trade.

I've never had 20k incomings, no. But that may be because I'm more of a 'new age' player, and that level of incoming is more of a rarity to be dealing with given current world sizes, though once incomings get to 5k+ I can imagine in proportion its all the same dealing with them when the correct dynamic groups are set up and utilised.

I haven't disregarded stacking entirely, its a vital component in defending but should be used properly, and to be used properly is to be used pre-emptively as opposed to last minute.

Your scenario suggests that you are a heavily frontline account, in which case we already know you do not have a lot of troops at your disposal with that sort of pressure on you, Though I appreciate your feedback and opinion, I feel like the post is a little bit contradictory and doesn't justify your point.

Assessing troops at your disposal goes without saying when stacking OR sniping in any case.

You shouldn't look at sniping as an option only when stacking is out of the question. Sniping should always be used in defending trains, even if you think you are certain that the incoming nukes will not clear the pre-stacked village you should take the precaution. I will also add to this that I would highly advise against sniping with as little as 500/500.

Do tell, Do tell!

Alright brother that sounds fine. I guess it's one of those things that need to be experienced in order to be appreciated. If it does come to pass for you then good luck! If you (or anyone) needs advice then I'll always be happy to help a fellow frontliner in need :)

Also I believe Matt is referring to the fact that you can send the nuke in a noble train with the 2/3/4/5th noble rather than the first if you are reasonably confident their main defence will be relying on snipes. Most defenders won't expect that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

blckdrgn1

If you have 1 village you won't find yourself in a 4 noble nuke situation, unless you're actively at current being rimmed of course.

Early game when myself and a couple tribemates also only have 1 village we have coordinated together with 4 half nuke nobles on one target. There are times that it can happen or even late game when a player is trying to jump the frontline with noble nukes and support following, some times it is worth sniping :)

mattcurr

Alright brother that sounds fine. I guess it's one of those things that need to be experienced in order to be appreciated. If it does come to pass for you then good luck! If you (or anyone) needs advice then I'll always be happy to help a fellow frontliner in need :)

Also I believe Matt is referring to the fact that you can send the nuke in a noble train with the 2/3/4/5th noble rather than the first if you are reasonably confident their main defence will be relying on snipes. Most defenders won't expect that. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You can do that it sometimes works it's more like a flex play.

I just mean you can send a clearing nuke or nukes then co ttain with a tribe mate.

So right now a top play from an account would look like this
30 farm nuke
28 farm nuke
50-75% nuke +1 Nobel
25-50% nuke +1 Nobel
50-75% nuke +1 Nobel
25-50% nuke +1 Nobel
Support.

At 1 village you aim closer to the 60% mark lead and use 2 players when nobling always. This might seem impractical if you haven't done it but I've forced multiple of my tribes to do it for every single village captured. It can be done, obviously there are exceptions and situational awareness to be added to it.

I never liked the nomenclature of explaining attacks by how many you had I think a more apt description for him would be that there used to be 500+ noble trains on a single account in a singular timed opp. I mean I was always considered a start up player but even I built a 10 million point account once upon a time, that was mid of the world back then haha

DeletedUser117881

naw m9 top level play would be hc nukes with cats only haaa

Deleted User - 4669627

i saw something about prenobling then recapping...

Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 strife97 [SeVeN] Anthills [~*S*~] 2010-07-12 - 01:02:14
Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 strife97 [SeVeN] strife97 [SeVeN] 2010-07-12 - 01:01:23
Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 strife97 [SeVeN] strife97 [SeVeN] 2010-07-12 - 01:01:23
Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 strife97 [SeVeN] strife97 [SeVeN] 2010-07-12 - 01:01:21
Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 strife97 [SeVeN] strife97 [SeVeN] 2010-07-12 - 01:00:02
Visionary (266|653) K62 5,754 Anthills [~*S*~] strife97 [SeVeN] 2010-07-12 - 00:59:57

o_O:confused::eek:

Deleted User - 4669627

nothing? really? not even a cookie?
THAT was unsnipeable!

#mattcurrbeingstingywiththecookies

Gwaihir aka Bluetomahawk

woah... didn't have time to check this share of wisdom properly... lemme sum up all those advices... :oops:

here we have riddle
Does no-one understand how not to get sniped? Was this like a lost art or something.... It's not even really difficult or time consuming it's ten seconds of thought and team work, first new person who figures it out gets a cookie from grandpa
How to send an unsnipable train, anti snipes are as easy as sniping a train without them, I said unsnipable not slightly harder to snipe.

And it's the fact that you think people sniping you is an issue shows me you're not attacking right, thats what im getting at
Come now, you're so close to the answer, what would be like an anti snipe against a 3k village cancel sniping you, but isnt an anti snipe. It could involve team work, or you could even do it yourself if you have the ability to. I thought I gave it all away with the team work bit and 10 seconds of thinking nearly no effort. I have faith in you Koumadokits, you can figure it out!
Come on guys same idea as anti sniping, but cant be sniped, you can do it with a team or by yourself.
Have you figured out how not to get sniped yet or are you still working through the riddle?

here we have answer of this riddle after bashing younglings and us newbs for being dumb;
Obviously no train is unsnipeable

But On that subject, firstly pre nobling is only an issue for the attacker in packet worlds this is coin worlds.

woah... no more taking advices from you. obviously you can time your own attack after each noble-nuke, which is easy especially cause only LCs eat whole nuke anytime. so you're telling us that no attacker on coin world has issues with losing nuke? eeks :eek:

That frustration you're feeling causing you you to spew insults, channel it into problem solving skills.

still not sure where have i insulted anyone, if you're insulted by my comment, then i guess other than your own contradictory comments you have issues with people pointing them out... o_O

but on a more serious note;

I dont know you or what level you've played at but ultimately you're wrong. I can only imagine you havent yet been in a high pressure large world frontline account which is fine as most people havent really

this is really interesting, you oldies actually expect from people to have respect for you on basis of your bragging on externals as matt loves to do, and yet you are ignorant towards other players. Gran torino didn't bother to brag about his achievements, so i wont do it for him, but next time check up things, it makes it more fun...

as someone mentioned, all i see on w95 forums is whining about new ways. either adapt or go with the memories you so hapily cherish. someone mentioned krovikan mist, he adapted to them instead of whining about them, and that will make him better player atm then you are despite anything you're saying. himself said that his CO has no problem with buying 50k PPs anytime. so what is your point exactly when you say that any noob with vast amount of PPs can be on top of the ranks?

furthermore we all remember of times when OPERA came in place. mass faking that all of you veterans are bragging about, sending tight trains with it etc. when someone complained about it, you called them noobs cause they couldn't or whatever reason they had not to use it. and now when people know how to use PPs and other stuff that you so much "despise", again, those same people you call noobs... o_O nope, you're definitely not making any sense. ofc, you can continue your bashing show, but i'm pretty sure that most of the people that understand game are laughing at those bashings.

in terms of talking about skill, it's not sniping, timing and stuff. it's about adapting to situation, settings, surroundings, free time, COplayers, experience, tribe, opponents skill. each bit helps, wether you use them properly determines your result and as such, skill aswell.

DeletedUser121006

i really think matt should pay you 10 dollars at least for wasting so much time on him. Probably it's the first time he is being taken seriously and given a big reply. Please demand your money.