Best of/Worst of

universal thought

aren't you now just talking about displacement? in a vacuum there is nothing to be displaced so there is no drag.

Garrock

we got a glimpse of your conversation, mass is relevant to speed in an atmospheric fall, and the heaviest object does not always fall fastest (learned some of this in army jump school). With only that brief glimpse, I referred to your comment about "whichever is heaviest"... pardon if I didn't understand the grand scope of your discussion. An external post often elicits a response from people who lack the insight, or only have part of the picture.

Anyway, bowing out here. Not trying to stir controversy or even to pretend to understand physics beyond some rudimentary background.

mattcurr

we got a glimpse of your conversation, mass is relevant to speed in an atmospheric fall, and the heaviest object does not always fall fastest (learned some of this in army jump school). With only that brief glimpse, I referred to your comment about "whichever is heaviest"... pardon if I didn't understand the grand scope of your discussion. An external post often elicits a response from people who lack the insight, or only have part of the picture.

Anyway, bowing out here. Not trying to stir controversy or even to pretend to understand physics beyond some rudimentary background.
You're entirely misreading. Go Google it or take a physics course if you still don't understand what the difference between mass and weight is and what the different types of variables are in science. I don't mean that to be rude but I've explained it to you already it's very simple and there isn't much more to say terminal velocity is simply when weight equals drag acceleration no longer happens.

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/termv.html

This is how to figure it out but it is a lot more complicated to figure out what Terminal velocity is in terms of concept than to just understand that air(drag) pushes up based on various factors the up vector and weight pushes down the down vector.

aren't you now just talking about displacement? in a vacuum there is nothing to be displaced so there is no drag.
scientists are anal to us that's drag=0.(like I said) When you're doing a long problem it's good to have everything laid out even if it's 0

Last edited:

--G--

Actually drag is as strong as weight is. Since weight is 0 in vacuum, so is drag.

mattcurr

Actually drag is as strong as weight is. Since weight is 0 in vacuum, so is drag.
No weight is a relationship between the mass of two objects. If you are in a vacuum chamber you don't float lol

I'm checking out of the conversation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Isn't weight merely mass factoring in the gravity for the most part? I can't claim to have any sort of qualification in science, but that's at least what I always thought it was.

You weigh six times less or so on the moon because the force of gravity is far weaker. Being in a vacuum affects nothing because it does not affect gravity. What is different about the vacuum of space for example which is where I think you are misunderstanding is because it is in space, not because it is a near vacuum.

If you are falling, then there is drag that acts as an opposing force. In a true vacuum there is little to no drag because there is nothing to slow you down, there are debates on this though. Drag however works differently on different objects based on surface area, which is why your stone generally falling to the ground before your feather.

To put it simply, I at least seem to mostly agree with Matt given my very limited experience with science.

mattcurr

Derailment at its finest
Because I was enlightening the world on 11th grade and 6th grade physics that they forgot. I pointed this thread out to a few people who I knew were engineers or scientists, they found the mass thing amusing, I found the whole affair depressing.

@nemisis yes and no even space you'd have your own gravity all objects have it that we're aware of. Weight is a relationship, when you jump into the air your mass and own gravity is pulling up on the earth as the earth pulls down on you, this is why I say it's a relationship you shouldn't think about it as one objects gravity acting upon another object that doesn't have agency. Best example of this is the tide earth's gravity keeps the moon in orbit but the moons gravity is strong enough to move the water as it orbits

Last edited:

universal thought

ask them how much light weighs if you really want to troll

DeletedUser65940

I see you posting and I always cringe for some reason :|
Probably because your subconscious recognises my awesomeness and you feel intimidated by that, but rather then work out your own character flaws, you just blame me? Sound about right?

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
But he speaks bad of me and our tribe Kristina :(

1. So if players are in your tribe , they aren't allowed to like me ?
2. What did I ever say bad about your tribe ? I only mentioned you are allies with PI which you denied , but I knew I was right I have proof verbally and IG proof with support rolling in from PI to a villa I took from ace .

--G--

1. So if players are in your tribe , they aren't allowed to like me ?
2. What did I ever say bad about your tribe ? I only mentioned you are allies with PI which you denied , but I knew I was right I have proof verbally and IG proof with support rolling in from PI to a villa I took from ace .

They wanted to kill your troops. I was BEGGING to let you be, but they were denying.

hurod

PI is allied with most top 20 tribes. Except Fools...but i heard there are alliance talks with them also. Got verbal proof o_O

Funny story about the support rolling, just messed up coords :eek:

Deleted User - 10618707

PI is allied with most top 20 tribes. Except Fools...but i heard there are alliance talks with them also. Got verbal proof o_O

Im literally dying lmao. Probably typed the wrong coords in, pesky coords!

mattcurr

I know this is supposed to be a joke but yall are napped or allied to every top tribe who borders you who isn't fools......... And if you want to say im wrong name one... Used? Knock? Yummy? TBS? Fools? These are your borders you are seemingly not attacking any of them ever like a nap is in place

Last edited:

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be a joke but yall are napped or allied to every top tribe who borders you who isn't fools......... And if you want to say im wrong name one... Used? Knock? Yummy? TBS? Fools? These are your borders you are seemingly not attacking any of them ever like a nap is in place

In the long run they will have to screw them over 1 by 1 though , not everyone can win the world unless Tribal Wars makes the world top 10 hugging tribes win LOL