Rumour Has It...

balubhai

There is no point in arguing with people who dont know your past Matt. Its better to keep quiet at times.....

atmospherecf

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-3.gif

This is some interesting stuff...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser119333

I never said im better than you, I said project your own insecurities elsewhere. As for my personal success in the past, if youre going to claim that Im successful because of PP you're being silly I've been ranked 1 in probably 20+ worlds before P2W existed its a retarded argument. If you expected to be called out for being wrong why would you say it. You wont see me ingame Im here to turn a profit on PP, nothing more nothing less.

First of all, i never meant to offend you. I am aware of how the PP exchange works, and i am tottally aware that by spending some you could make a lot more. The reason i first replied was because you responded to someone agreeing that PP are running the whole system nowadays, adding that this is the reason that Rank 1 players are not rank 1 farmers. That felt a bit ironic, cause you and me both know that you've probably at top 3 spenders atm, EVEN if you are going to make a lot more.
Talking about insecurities, excuse me but i was not the guy who mailed me day 1 asking how did i outfarm you, or how many lcs i've got. :)
I do believe that you are a good player, and i do believe that you've been in the hall of fame more than 1 time before the PP era, never said anything against that. Although you ain't got a clue about me either, so yeah i guess that sums it up. I kinda hope you will play 97, not only for PP. Peace.

There is no point in arguing with people who dont know your past Matt. Its better to keep quiet at times.....

No comment :)

*GranTorino

No-one on my account has spent a dollar on tw in years. Project your own inadequacies else where I solo rank 1 played before PP, if anything you should be thankful for pp abuse or we'd be further ahead of the pack.

I mean, you finished like rank 9 or 10 on the last classic round which featured all old school settings so that's a bit of a bold/false statement

Also, you may not have spent money on PP (Who does these days anyway?) But you've certainly boosted your start up with PP that you've farmed to get that rank, you're a liar if you deny that

mattcurr

First of all, i never meant to offend you. I am aware of how the PP exchange works, and i am tottally aware that by spending some you could make a lot more. The reason i first replied was because you responded to someone agreeing that PP are running the whole system nowadays, adding that this is the reason that Rank 1 players are not rank 1 farmers. That felt a bit ironic, cause you and me both know that you've probably at top 3 spenders atm, EVEN if you are going to make a lot more.
Talking about insecurities, excuse me but i was not the guy who mailed me day 1 asking how did i outfarm you, or how many lcs i've got. :)
I do believe that you are a good player, and i do believe that you've been in the hall of fame more than 1 time before the PP era, never said anything against that. Although you ain't got a clue about me either, so yeah i guess that sums it up. I kinda hope you will play 97, not only for PP. Peace.

No comment :)
I didn't mail you, but they were gathering Intel on who knows how to play and who doesn't, its really easy to know why we were outfarmed day 1 you can just center our area, and your area, we had no barbs near us closest is 3 given all the people spending pp we probably still shouldnt be top farmer. I highly doubt we're a top three spender we're likely lower than that it cost around 3-4k pp, most people spend it like an idiot. So no we didnt spend on pp, we just used left overs in accounts so when world 100 comes around we can have a hundred thousand PP left, I want to prove a point on how stupidly broken PP is that world.

I mean, you finished like rank 9 or 10 on the last classic round which featured all old school settings so that's a bit of a bold statement

Also, you may not have spent money on PP (Who does these days anyway?) But you've certainly boosted your start up with PP that you've farmed to get that rank, you're a liar if you deny that
The economy has sinks so many people or it wouldnt function.(youd get hyper inflaction) I didnt play that classic round which anyone who played it knows, I joined under my name and my one co did everything, I maybe night farmed for him twice.(which is why even when I tease TD that we rimmed him I always mention that I had nothing to do with it) I ran some diplomacy

Last edited:

DeletedUser119333

I didn't mail you, but they were gathering Intel on who knows how to play and who doesn't, its really easy to know why we were outfarmed day 1 you can just center our area, and your area, we had no barbs near us closest is 3 given all the people spending pp we probably still shouldnt be top farmer. I highly doubt we're a top three spender we're likely lower than that it cost around 3-4k pp, most people spend it like an idiot. So no we didnt spend on pp, we just used left overs in accounts

Gathering intel on who knows how to play? Based on what? That i had 350 pp to spare to rush some lc? :)

mattcurr

Gathering intel on who knows how to play? Based on what? That i had 350 pp to spare to rush some lc? :)
You'd have to ask them I just watch tw stats but engaging in conversation gives you an idea if the person had a lucky area or has skill behind it, some people can ride a good area for a short time, some people know how to do well any area.

And if you know how PP works then why are you complaining obviously you've played in the past getting 3k pp is quite easy for anyone other than a new player there is no excuse imo if you're trying to play a world seriously that you cant have stockpiled at least 10,000 PP which is way more than we spent.

DeletedUser119333

You'd have to ask them I just watch tw stats but engaging in conversation gives you an idea if the person had a lucky area or has skill behind it, some people can ride a good area for a short time, some people know how to do well any area.

As soon as you hit 100+ lc areas won't matter, bet you are aware of that.
Though imo convos doens't give you any clue about the skillset of a player...

DeletedUser119333

There is no skillset in farming. Farming is judged on activity and positioning in the early game, and later stages on activity only. The people who think farming well is a skill are deluded.

Considering that, there is no skillset in tw at all, depends on your point of view

mattcurr

Considering that, there is no skillset in tw at all, depends on your point of view
Meh talking to people, understanding a map's diplomacy planning opps dancing troops around to defend an opp these are skills. The tactics and mechanics and knowledge based shit you need to know to put yourself iin a good position are not.
There is no skillset in farming. Farming is judged on activity and positioning in the early game, and later stages on activity only. The people who think farming well is a skill are deluded.
If you want to play a game of nomenclature you're delusional, you can see as the conversation progressed both zoomela and I referred to it as knowledge based not a direct skill set.

As soon as you hit 100+ lc areas won't matter, bet you are aware of that.
Though imo convos doens't give you any clue about the skillset of a player...
Thats just wrong in my opinion, I can turn any area into a top 3 farming area sure. Nowadays given levels of ability maybe any area top farming. But there are areas I could ride to double rank 2 or before PP was completely shit to over power a decent rank 2 player way out spending me that is based on a good area. You can do well in any area, but you can do amazing with a little luck

*GranTorino

If you want to play a game of nomenclature you're delusional, you can see as the conversation progressed both zoomela and I referred to it as knowledge based not a direct skill set.

Not entirely sure why it would make me delusional, misguided perhaps but not delusional.
Besides, I was not responding to any specific statement, just throwing my two cents in to your pissing contest

DeletedUser119333

Meh talking to people, understanding a map's diplomacy planning opps dancing troops around to defend an opp these are skills. The tactics and mechanics and knowledge based shit you need to know to put yourself iin a good position are not.

That is i believe what they call wisdom, not exactly skillset. Bet i lack on that part, lol

Thats just wrong in my opinion, I can turn any area into a top 3 farming area sure. Nowadays given levels of ability maybe any area top farming. But there are areas I could ride to double rank 2 or before PP was completely shit to over power a decent rank 2 player way out spending me that is based on a good area. You can do well in any area, but you can do amazing with a little luck

We kinda say the same thing, that anyone who's got a clue on farming will be able to turn any area into a good area. I will have to agree though that area might get you some more res if it's a great one, but as long as you hit a good number of lcs, this is a very small amount.

mattcurr

Not entirely sure why it would make me delusional, misguided perhaps but not delusional.
Besides, I was not responding to any specific statement, just throwing my two cents in to your pissing contest
I was just mirroring how stupid your statement was, yes yes you wanted to get into the pissing contest the look here Im a good named player nowadays too syndrome. Im curbing this ridiculous idea that PP is an excuse for not being top ranked.

*GranTorino

I was just mirroring how stupid your statement was, yes yes you wanted to get into the pissing contest the look here Im a good named player nowadays too.

Now you're spouting salty nonsense, and its hilariously hypocritical coming from the guy that can't go a day without talking about his past achievements that he can't live up to in the new era.

mattcurr

Now you're spouting salty nonsense, and its hilariously hypocritical coming from the guy that can't go a day without talking about his past achievements that he can't live up to in the new era.
It's non-sense? It's less direct than saying look I did well here here and here, but that's just blunt honesty(and a direct counter argument to being said that someone did well due to PP), entering into a conversation with authoritarian statements on skill and how things work is the same effect if more subtle but if someone is delusional its the person who doesnt realize this or thinks hes going to convince the world at large that it's not just a subtle form of the same thing

*GranTorino

It's non-sense? It's less direct than saying look I did well here here and here, but that's just blunt honesty, entering into a conversation with authoritarian statements on skill and how things work is the same effect if less subtle but if someone is delusional its the person who doesnt realize this or thinks hes going to convince the world at large that it's not just a subtle form of the same thing

Thanks for filling me in on your in-depth analysis on interpretation of my statement.

In any case, that fact that I'm a top tier player had nothing to do with my comment on farming not being skill based, It was simply 'blunt honesty'

DeletedUser121132

the specifications for being a top tier player are becoming broader by the day it seems..

mattcurr

my comment on farming not being skill based, It was simply 'blunt honesty'
There's just all of these conflicting principles

Damn that rank 2 scrub ranking of his, it's so pathetic.
And yeah the last time I built a top tribe and was on a rank 1 account was all the way back in the yesteryear of world 95

Last edited: