W97 at a Glance...

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Hey W97,

For those who do not know me - I'm not a great PnPer but the forums are pretty boring ATM and i'd like to spark a little discussion so I am gonna do me best. To start I am going to be breaking down the world into quadrants in this post & giving my personal opinion of the tribes based on what limited info I know. I do play w97 so my opinion will be biased inherently & while I will do my best to remain impartial you may notice some bias; so for that I apologize in advance. All predictions & opinions are my own; however maps and statistics will be taken from TWstats. You are welcome & encouraged to dispute any fact/stat you find to be inaccurate/misleading and also welcome to dispute my opinion. I also want to say that it took me several hours to compile this (I started around 18:00ST on 13/12/2017 and had a few distractions) and thus some stats may have changed prior to this posting. Will be posting in parts as I get bored easily...... but to start let's do the NW.

The North West

ca2a9cf9121805d00bf908f2b6d41054.png

To begin we will start with the North West. This region is roughly defined as K43, K44, K33 & K34 and houses two tribes the world has had a particular interest in focusing on (SMD & S-rank). Now obviously there are more tribes in the North West then the 5(6) i've shown you above. But the importance of this map is to give a general Idea on who currently holds the dominant positions in terms of dominance in the North West.

I've compiled some statistics on the top 5 & hopefully my colour scheme doesn't give you visual cancer but if it does please let me know & I'll be sure to not colour coat in future.

NRX5ASb.png

b89faddd35078984b3f54c2ec24531c1.png

Now that some background has been established I will begin to give my opinions of the tribes.

Aegis (~A~) - 5/10
Now personally I am very unfamiliar with the majority of the players in this tribe; which attributes slightly to the low score of the tribe; but this is easily explainable by people using new accounts or simply never running into me; but one of the things I look for in a good tribe is a strong core group of players who would be able to persevere in the face of adversity and carry the tribe through a difficult time/war and personally I don't see a group like this in Aegis. In terms of positioning; ~A~ has a beautiful spread across K44 with 100% of their villages located within this continent. They have a fairly high ODA score (6th in the world) while maintaining a relatively low ODD score (27th in the world). This leads me to believe that this tribe has a few players who have been around the block a few times and that currently they are being left alone for the most part (although they do have their only lose to SMD). Overall why my score for Aegis is low falls down to this - they are stuck between a rock & a hard place - their road to the rim has been completely cutoff by SMD & s-rank & we all know that pushes into the core are typically slow & costly. Personally I think they will get caught up in two many conflicts too quickly and die off due to a combination of poaching by other top tribes & an inevitable gangbang by the smaller NW tribes. I think Aegis best chance at survival depends on their ability to defend their position and break through SMD/s-rank to the rim. Time will tell if they have what it takes but based on the number of tribe changes (154) I feel the leadership cares more about it's ranking than it's members & ultimately will fail on that basis.

IPOD Family - 1/10

I don't really even want to write this review. For starters; family tribes are always a bad idea. Secondly, the IPOD family already has a combined 170 tribe changes, showing both dissent & a lack of loyalty among members. Thirdly they have an awful tight spread completely locked into the core. They face an uphill battle in every directioin and upon first glance really gives us yet another clear example of a family tribe destined to fail.

Socially Mentally Disturbed (SMD) - 6/10

Interesting tribe. Lots of big names with lots of potential but overall poor leadership, one of the worst spreads of any of top 25 tribe (which speaks volumes about the leaderships ability to control it's members) & finds itself intertwined with s-rank. Personally I think the arrogance of this tribe will be it's downfall in addition to questions I have about the commitment of the renowned members playing seriously or not. First and foremost they have a lot of tribe changes (which is never a good sign), second they have a good chunk of the membership isolated in K55 and a hard fight ahead of them if they hope to connect the two. Most important to SMDs success will be how s-rank deals with them in my opinion. Already have begun to take losses to both ~A~ & s-rank...... I'm interested to see if Brad can steady the ship & rally the troops or if they were just never playing seriously anyways so it doesn't matter they lost.

Akatasuki (s-rank) - 8/10

Ronnie's tribe. I personally have never given Ronnie the credit I think he fairly deserves; he has collected a promising looking group of players, guided them to a very good spread on the rim and I am excited to see if he can prove his worth once again. I think that of all the tribes in the north west, s-rank stands the best chance of dominating. I can't imagine Aegis being keen on conflict with s-rank (which ultimately will be their demise) and if s-rank can deal with SMD quickly I see no reason why they won't be the dominant tribe in the NW. They currently have a better spread to take the rim than SMD in my opinion and how these two tribes interact will be the defining moments of the NW. In addition to their spread & leadership, they have a low member count with a low number of tribe changes (indicating general loyalty among members in my opinion) and have proven already they can defend themselves early on (rank 14 ODD as a tribe with no loses). They've taken out some big targets early and have shown no fear in the face of SMD. Definitely a tribe to watch - and one that I would tip for going the distance in this world.

Umbrella Corperation (UC) - 2/10

First thing i gotta say is..... corporation********** so like negative 5 points just for that. They've got the second lowest number of tribe changes in the north west however (90) and are holding a tight spread. I can't see this tribe making it very far; but I can see them making life difficult for better tribes trying to move through them. I recognize no big name players & really see this tribe as nothing more than a cattle ranch for other tribes to come and eat/poach from.

Wrap Up

To conclude, the North West is definitely a region still very much up for grabs. SMD & S-rank are the two heavyweights in the area and both have the ability to dictate the tempo of the game in this area. How these two handle their diplomacy, who they war and if any large tribes decide to push into the north west will be the three most important factors to who ends up dominating the NW in my opinion. Anyhow I hope you enjoyed the read - I will be posting an analysis on the SW later tonight before working on the Eastern half of the world tomorrow.

FC out.

Last edited:

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
The South West

a27460ab1bcbf37fe08b13fd22fe8572.png

Now in my opinion this is perhaps the most hotly contested quadrant. I have defined the south west as K53, K54, K63 & K64. Recently there have been a lot changes to this region and frankly there are so many interesting tribes that I was unable to fit them all in this post so I just mentioned the tribes I wanted to talk about. Now let's break down the statistics.

38a1ee7801c6ffc8fd8ce121a7eb9194.png

bfd5b602941ef3875f66f7cc3b84dfbe.png

Experianced Lovers (XpL) - 7/10
The tribe in the region I know the least about personally - I don't see that key core group that I mentioned in the above group but again I'm not claiming to be an expert. Now despite this I really like their spread. They are in a prime position to push south in K64 & secure that rim while maintaining a sizable position in the core of K54. They do have a fair amount of tribe changes which I don't like - but I think that they are in luck by being surrounded by lots of food in the form of Kingsman & the NWL family. Therefore I think that with the right moves, this tribe could find itself in a position to make it to endgame. Now as the 'big dogs' of the south west - it is really up to Xpl to prove they can dominate & defend and I am interested to see what the future holds for them.

Bombastic Order Of Bunnies (BOOB) - 6/10
Now I know I gave them a 7 above but upon second thought I'd like to lower it to a 6. The reason for this is because they have a horrible position. They are completely locked in the core which is a very difficult position to play out of and they are surrounded on all sides by the top tribes of the world. They do have a relatively low amount of tribe changes at 96 so hopefully I recognize a few players in this tribe who are capable defenders and others who have abhorrent amounts of PP so I do believe this tribe may be dug in deep and in for the long run, however I do not think they have a great chance of winning. They face a very difficult road ahead and I am interested to see if they can band together and secure a rim.

Claws Aliens (CA) - 7/10
Hahaha I noticed a recent name change.... wonder if that was internally motivated or brought into action by TW staff. Either way this tribe which occupies the northern portion of K54 is led by Ming the Mercilious who if i'm not mistaken is the infamous Black Flags :eek: They have recently surged out of obscurity by making big moves on the stumbling FeedMe. A combination of recruitment & minimal nobling are quickly showing us FeedMe's vulnerability but I wonder if this move will come back to haunt CA. Now why I always mention the amount of tribe changes (to which CA also have 96) is typically, if a player sees their tribe in hot water & jumps to another tribe..... they will likely do it again. Now while I congratulate them on their success in disabling FeedMe and working to dominate the north of the SW; they face big big challenges ahead. First and foremost they need to finish cleaning up FeedMe while keeping BOOB at bay. At the same time they have easy expansion north through the IPOD fam until the run into Aegis. While I don't tip them to win the world; I think they will be around for the near future & will be entertaining to watch.

We Are Hungry !!! (FeedUs) - 3/10

Balu gonna Balu........ 236 tribe changes already & they've lost villages and members to Where?, CA & even IPOD!!! This tribe can't seem to find it's feet and is slowly dying off to a combination of poaching & aggression from the tribes around it.

Underdogs (UNDER) 8/10

Seems to be Tenebrous Night & his crew's new home formed today. They moved from XpL to BROS to their current home in UNDER. Now I think this is an undoubtedly skilled tribe - however I have questions as to whether they plan on staying as they are or simply are waiting for a better tribe to come closer to them in which they will join. Now going on the assumption they plan to remain their own tribe - I fancy their chances to dominate the SW. They are a small group of players who clearly communicate well together, but they find themselves stuck dead in the middle of K54 and this is a very tough spot to play out of. They need to push through Creati to get to the rim & face a tough battle for central K54 with CA & Xpl. They really picked a fitting name but are definitely a tribe I will be watching closely.

Creative doesnt fi (Creati) 8/10
Now this is my own tribe so this will by far be the most biased of the reviews... but i'm also in a bit of a fettle lately so... who knows. let's start with what's unbias; 26 tribe changes for 24 members (with 1 internal) shows loyalty among the member-base. Creati has an ODA score relative to their points score; but on the defensive front is rather untested. Quite a few big name players in this tribe who are known to go the distance but as we know sometimes big names are hard to corral & it's really on the Creati leadership to drive the tribe in a direction for victory. Their spread is beautifully positioned to secure the SW rim, however while immediate pushes into central K54 I think will be very successful, once tribes like CA & UNDER are encountered I think we are in for some of the most intense fighting we will see this world.

Wrap Up:

Now looking over this region my first thoughts were just... WOW. This is a very tightly packed quadrant in terms of interesting tribes. You have your heavyweight tank in BOOB ready to slug it out in the core, you have Xpl, UNDER & CA fighting for central dominance in K54 & you also have Creati creeping in from the rim.

In the words of my boy Aubrey... "What a time.... to be alive."

Stay frosty folks .... I know I will :oops:
ebf8aa5fe1da1912ab15da9ee9c1beca.png

Last edited:

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay in posting, I won't beat around the bush with excuses I simply had more interest in playing my account this weekend than I did in analyzing the world. But I'm back now with the North East for you tonight and I'll be working on the South East shortly.

The North East is a particularly interesting region since it hosts the current rank 1 tribe Where? and their academy/brother/cousin/roommate's friends dogsitter tribe whom I really don't know a whole lot about......... other points of interest include the return of xxStealthyxx as well as the yippy Schizophrenic's sponge ground :eek:

41906eb9a9709a4d8b60414ab01b1ffa.png

wow it took me a lot longer than I would have liked thanks to you family troobs :/ so 100% of the blame for the delay in my post should be shifted to them :rolleyes: (jk but seriously family tribes have literally never worked before so please staph) But without further delay let's jump into the stats.

f16c15715a20ced52de5f2c9b85c5e47.png

3dba442fd9d1ccd1352a1e597f4b0967.png

And my thoughts.

The Final Disney Family - 6/10
Initially I was kinda impressed with Where?. On first glance they have a relatively low number of tribe changes, a couple of notable endgame players & a sizable points lead on Aegis (current rank 2 tribe). But once put under the microscope I quickly saw a lot I didn't like. First off - the positioning of the tribe is just.... horrid. Completely locked in the core and if they'd like to take the NE Rim must go through ~IL~, MF fam & Glutt. Secondly their academy tribe is absolute crap. Clearly Pachi has been inviting anyone he deems a threat in there before they have a chance to do damage to the tribe. But while i've been neglecting to watch the NE; others have not.... for a rank 1 tribe to have 9 loses already (for 87 gains) is sad. What's further sad is that is seems Big Shaq who at one time was the top player in Where? was kicked upon getting attacked and losing a village (to save stats?) and he was taken out by a player in Misfits...... got a little family feud in the north east it seems and turns out man was not hot. Finally just to wrap it up - overall a pretty good example of an overbloated early game r1 tribe..... they are mostly hot air that will swell like a balloon until eventually they come to a prick & at that point they will burst.

Inlustret Lumine - 7/10

Get's this rating mostly because of how crap the rest of the North East is & because I think Schizo would track me down IRL if I gave him a lower rating than I did SMD. Anyways moving on - of the tribes in the north east; I think they have the second best spread & are in a good position to dominate the NE. Of the tribes in the North East, this is the one in which I recognize the most 'big name players' and think this tribe will be around for a while. Now that I've inflated their epeen a little; time to bring them back to earth. First off to brag about stealing Sniper On Demand from a tribe is like bragging about stealing Benedict Arnold from the British lol... and they do have a fair amount of tribe changes (132) indicating they are struggling to find an active core group. Secondly, I am not the most familiar with Schizo as a leader, but from what i've seen so far I only have one word to describe him; insecure.
'Now Fleezy, that's quite the accusation you're making :eek:'
Well let me explain to you all where I've gathered this from: how much Schizo cares about what I am writing here about his tribe... you can read his multiple anticipation posts here and get a pretty clear picture of why I'm making this assumption....... or if that's not enough he cares so much so he even took the time to DM me about it.
140efc044671075fcb86b9b1e210a453.png
So to conclude on ~IL~ I think they've got a promising group of players with a good spread; I just question the fortitude of their leadership when push comes to shove & the loyalty of a few of the members..... and one quick reference back to the top of the post in which I referred to this tribe as a 'sponge ground' - just saw this on Wikipedia and found it kind of very fitting for ~IL~ given 'Sponge' has quickly become Schizos go-to insult.
635fb0d0331bcd02ea284f0457ecfc0a.png

Misfits Family - 1/10
Really don't like family tribes.... and these two tribes are operating like revolving doors. They have a few players worth poaching but other than that I'm gonna save myself from getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and stop typing now since these two tribes will be gone soon.

Capital Punishment - 5/10

Now I don't know a whole lot about this tribe... but they've taken loses to Where? and BROS (ew) and have a horrid spread locked in the core. They've managed to keep their member count under 50 (at 45)... so kudos for that & have only 65 tribe changes so clearly are doing something right to keep their members. Their low score mostly comes from their positioning.... it is really dreadful and I can't see them escaping from it personally but maybe they can put up a good fight for the core of K45.

*TWPC* - lol/10

xxStealthyxx come back to the externals we miss you habibi - this is gonna be a fun(ny) one to watch :D:D:D

Village Glutton - 7/10

The only other tribe in the NE that kinda caught my eye - they have a small memberbase with a few notable late game players and currently in my opinion the best spread in the north east. They are in a prime position to take the rim & keep ~IL~ locked and fighting in the core before pushing in & dominating the north east. I do however have questions about their leadership.... tribe profile seems a tad noobish but maybe that's intentional. Either way if you are interested in the north east I would keep your eyes on these folks.

WRAP UP:

So there you have it; The North East analysis - I hope you enjoyed and if you didn't I hope you don't spend to long crying about it. The world changes so rapidly in the early stages it's hard to keep up & on track - best of luck to all & you'll hear from me again soon.

FC out.

Last edited:

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Reserved for SE Analysis

Please do not delete these posts - i will be editting in my analyses as I write them I just would like all discussion to show up after

Schizophrenic

oh god i cant wait to hear the indepth analysis of why IL sucks

DeletedUser119333

I do love the work you did so far.
I mean i disagree on a lot of stuff, but you made me notice some other i never had about some of those tribes that i totally agree. Keep it up buddy.

DeletedUser119759

Good work. But I think you Under rate Xpl. s-rank destroying SMD, which is quite shocking with SMD's quality players.

Schizophrenic

Good work. But I think you Under rate Xpl. s-rank destroying SMD, which is quite shocking with SMD's quality players.

He hasnt, he said does not know anything about them, i do, they are trash

The Mighty Neck Beard

He hasnt, he said does not know anything about them, i do, they are trash
I can second this. They won't go far. Under will eat through them, while the decent players will just leave. Enough pressure and it will all come tumbling down.