Discussion: World 98/Scavenging

mattcurr

It's way broken. Maybe not for inactive servers but for a modern net server it's mountains better than farming by hand which is stated as the opposite intended result. I would expect on a new world with 20/20 sp/sw to average 50 res an hour with a good area. Scavenger second level is giving me 120

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree this is just another thing which swings the benefits to experienced highly active players. It'd snother thing for newbies to learn and if they are less active (which they normally are) this is another action where activity is the key skill to really get the benefits

mattcurr

I agree this is just another thing which swings the benefits to experienced highly active players. It'd snother thing for newbies to learn and if they are less active (which they normally are) this is another action where activity is the key skill to really get the benefits
Naa it definitely favors inactivity, more so than activity. Farming is much more intensive but there's no trade off.

Scavenger is more efficient and doesn't risk your troops and it takes less time. If that was the goal to remove the intensive work of farming more power to them I don't even disagree with that, but if it's to offer a less effective alternative they did it wrong

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Naa it definitely favors inactivity, more so than activity. Farming is much more intensive but there's no trade off.

Scavenger is more efficient and doesn't risk your troops and it takes less time. If that was the goal to remove the intensive work of farming more power to them I don't even disagree with that, but if it's to offer a less effective alternative they did it wrong

By the time you have the two (I will have three soon) different levels of scavenging running, I have troops to send out at least every 20 minutes which is about as quick as I'd be microfarming at this stage in the world anyway.

mattcurr

By the time you have the two (I will have three soon) different levels of scavenging running, I have troops to send out at least every 20 minutes which is about as quick as I'd be microfarming at this stage in the world anyway.
I didn't even notice that the times been decreasing I just assumed it would be logical and increase you're right this is really stupid

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
I've actually changed my mind on scavenging now that I've used it :p

it's gonna be pretty handy for DVs & it will help less active/lazy players out immensely in the early game but I believe it's usefulness will fizzle out by midgame once the farms are massive. Good idea for new players as well as farming can be so competitive at world starts :D

I think i'd like to try it out on a non-WT world :p ;) (not that they are related I just don't personally like WT worlds that much xD)

Varomnia

Scavenging feature on 98 was great! I hope to see it in future worlds.

Only request is the ability to cancel the scavenging by taking a huge penalty and maybe 10 minute? walk distance for when you cancel? This way you can still keep your troops out to gather but not get shafted for it if you get a random train. Make adjustments to the recommendation as needed, just a rough draft. Maybe make it only possible to cancel if it's already been out for over 10% of the allotted time as to avoid dodge exploitation.