Undead's Playhouse

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
2ir0imb.jpg

Greetings World 98 players

Those of you who know me, know in worlds I play serious I often take on the task of creating a blog. It's enjoyable for me to do but it requires a big investment of my time. Rather than start a blog this world, I want to create a thread with similar themed content and I invite anyone to post in here about stories going on in their area of the world. It can be as small as a skirmish between to tribes ranked 392 and 563 or as major as top ranked tribes breaking down under the pressure of incoming attacks. When time allows I will supply content as well.

A little housekeeping:

-If you want to trashpost, go make your own trashposting thread. PNP,Fun, Analysis, etc is welcome in this thread but not toxicity
-If you want help learning how to effectively post, feel free to message me here on the forums
-Follow forum rules
-Enjoy yourself

For those wanting to contribute and needing some direction on how to frame posts/event reporting, here's my last world blog.
World 80 Blog
-UBM

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What methods/strategies have you discovered that aren't commonly used?

FROM THE MAN

WHO BROUGHT YOU THE MILITIA SNIPE
on world 66, Undead Billy Mays enters a new tale that will
change the way Tribal Wars is played for many worlds to come.

After the breakdown of DTF a group of players that worked as a squad within the tribe decided to form their own tribe. Originally a group of us applied for Wasted as our skill level and teamwork is worthy of any tribe on the map, but through either timing or no interest, or the fact our account Impulse2011 did attack one of the council members shortly after checking for interest :icon_eek: we were not interviewed.

Fast forward to Halloween. The whole day off, planned around being in front of the computer for some other world ops, i log on, a few minutes go by and the phone dings. Incoming from Wasted sent to hit a village of ours. Immediately triggered a response by the group as we organized for this attempt to snatch some villages. So i scan the sending account. Oh I know that guy we are tribemates on another world, so i message and we immedieately get in to conversation about how fun the day is going to be.

See, holding a grudge, getting mad at an attacker, is all silly business at the end of the day. Players are fully capable of being tribemates on one world and opponents on another. It's been quite a while since i've been on an account, or in a tribe that was an underdog so I'm looking forward to this.

Over the course of the day several more attacks are sent, and the apparent landing time for these attacks on multiple villages is 21:00:00. Being aware of the surroundings I'm aware that there are 3 potential villages that could reach me with nobles before I have a chance to snipe with anything worth a damn.

Enter: Pre-Snipe

At the time the snipes were actually sent, there are no noble trains there yet. Assuming the Rams hitting at or around the 21:00 mark and the forced distance between noble trains allows me to gamble on a window of support sent. The arriving defensive support after caps off this window again off the assumption that all these incomings are real. I time it like i would any other snipe and let it fly. Now comes the waiting game. If the players time as they are supposed to then my snipe should land right in the middle of a train. This allowed me to use a full village of defense to send to two different noble targets where had I waited to send once nobles were in bound, it would be out of range.

dd89170658f2b3b45bc841a895ab6b37.png

The attack on Village 003 is a little different but using the same concept - The nukes and support are so tight that I had to assume that the nukes shown were shown as anti-snipes and the noble train would be laced in between. This means my support would need to land in a much tighter window so I placed it right after the last potential anti-snipe. This is the train I am more worried about due to the very small oppertunity that I have to hit the noble train that has not yet been sent.

2ea51b5eb762ea71d3434c72cd184400.png

All attacks have been timed very well so far within a few ms of each other up to a second leaving some recap time if neccessary on 01 but almost nil recap time on 03. Both sets of attacks are coming from players/accounts that i have a great deal of respect for so if i lose the villages then I've lost them to good skilled players.

On to the problem with predictability - When a tribe telegraphs their moves it becomes easier to find ways to defend. Within the first half of the day we were able to discern the landing time of ops based on a few well timed attacks and some randomly thrown fakes/distractions. An observant player can easily find the common theme. This allowed me at a chance to save the villages for the current time. This could have been prevented with throwing random nukes ahead and not focusing on a single point in time to have everything land. It's okay to mix up the strategies instead of using the same methods over and over. Timing is great but only if the person you are attacking isn't equally as good or possibly even better at timing. To be fair, i was so good at timing on this one that I sniped the attacks an hour before they were sent :D

On to the results

Slight mistake in the sending, having noble 3 land after his own defense, but these things happen. The pre-snipe sent landed after noble 2 and after the anti-snipe so would have effectively shot the noble down.

c036adcc20f0707b0438e3ac28e1f8d4.png

Village 01 suffered a change of hands as the pre-snipe landed in a spot at the end of the 21:00:00 landing time and Flaming Lambo squeezed their nobles in a bit earlier than I expected. Well done

So pre-sniping 1/2 villages not to shabby for it's initial run. Feel free to use this strategy in your tribes, when you are expecting close range nobles and thank you to Wasted for giving me something to do today :)

This is one, while it might have been used before, I had not seen anyone else talk about on the external forums. Feel free to share with your tribes. My ultimate goal is to stay competitive but to elevate the quality of play around me as well. I often message players that make tactical mistakes to let them know how they could have done something better. I think it creates a better playing experience.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
w0khfp.jpg

Alright so apparently those who complain about the forums not having anything going on conversationally didn't care to share any new strategies they have come up with so we can move on to some other stuff. Here is the current top 5 in our new world. As I've been out for close to two years now, I haven't really dug in to any of the tribes, just trying to remember how to play at this point. Looking just from a location standpoint disregarding any information about diplomacy, VIK looks to be in the toughest spot of the top 5, sandwiched in between JAGER and OBP.

Fame has 3 other family tribes right now so their density is much greater than represented on the map. Just the body of the tribe has a nice setup, unsure why they need 3 other tribes but that's their cup o tea not mine. With organization they could be difficult to get rid of. Usually mortality comes apparent as inactivity and inexperience set in but we'll see.

What are your thoughts on any of these tribes?

focushor

I WANT TO SEE THE MOMENT when these Fame noobs will realise there are only 40 (idk for sure) spots for the victorious tribe.

lol

and about top 5 tribes, backstabs will happen. I have my popcorn near me.. I can bet someone from S~N will snap soon 'cause they have to fight GG and DES and come on, we all know all 3 tribes are loaded with pp farmers.

For sure, in the following weeks a new tribe will be created (only with non-pp-farmers and quality players), or just join RAGE. it's the same

*winks and flies away*

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I WANT TO SEE THE MOMENT when these Fame noobs will realise there are only 40 (idk for sure) spots for the victorious tribe.

lol

and about top 5 tribes, backstabs will happen. I have my popcorn near me.. I can bet someone from S~N will snap soon 'cause they have to fight GG and DES and come on, we all know all 3 tribes are loaded with pp farmers.

For sure, in the following weeks a new tribe will be created (only with non-pp-farmers and quality players), or just join RAGE. it's the same

*winks and flies away*

So what I hear you saying is that your tribe RAGE is going to cherry pick the members it want's from the upcoming S~N/GG/DES problems and create a tribe in the ashes of the three? Why not just stay small and noble these villages instead? Just curious?