Blog Discussion Thread

Hektik

Forum Personality 2019
Reaction score
Glad to be in inaugural recipient of the W100 Facepalm awards. hahah. At least I will leave somewhat of a mark on w100 I guess.

Great work with the blogs by the way. Really enjoying something on the externals for the first time in a long time.

I'm only saying this because I love you - how have you fallen so far so quickly? From the glory days of 2015 to now being the first facepalm award recipient of W100?

PorkSword

Forum Personality 2021 & 2022
Reaction score
What throne UBM? You seem pretty boring to me ngl. Are you farming likes with all your author's articles being on your account?? Your ego seems to deserve a throne (and an account) of its own... :rolleyes:

rather tragic ngl

One of the articles has been a good read so far but all the best and I hope to see how long they remain "unbiased" for.... ;)

W0sH09

Reaction score
I like the blog. Nice work so far! It's a lot of work and I can't understand why anyone would put so much effort into this but I am glad you do. I do recommend breaking it up a bit more, it's quite a challenge to read when you have absolutely zero attention span like me.

But I gotta question on one part I skimmed, the Brad interview:

Nest: Brad, thanks for accepting the invite fro the interview. Can you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your tribal war history?

Brad: My name is Brad, I’ve been around since W3 and have played pretty much every world since w3. I have had several “successful” tribes over the years and most recently known for Gents on w80 and apparently PD which was a joke tribe.

Funny, Gents was a pretty joke tribe....

Nest: You have duked Gents on W80 as Thinblueline would you say that was your most successful tribe to date? Gents did very well for about 6 months but didn't survive the mid game, can you tell us what was the main reason for it's failure and what would you have done differently as a leader?

Brad: Gents was successful for the most part because of the works of diplomacy. This was not my most successful tribe to date, one of my better one in the past due to not really having the time to lead a tribe until recently. The reason Gents failed was due to work and when I got injured at work right before training for a month. I was completely out of reach as some knew this. I was literally doing almost everything within the tribe which was the downfall because I had to leave for a bit. I have learned to delegate the duties among the leadership and this is something that will be emphasized this world.

The works of diplomacy were also it's downfall. Tried to spin too many webs and forgot where the center was.

Nest: After 80 you have duked Personality Disorders on W86, it seemed like you used much different approach to leading PD and it didn't work out with all the drama and silliness. Gents and PD were two very different tribes, what can we expect seeing from you on W100?

Brad: W86 wasn’t really supposed to last longer than two weeks. The reason being is I went to every individual that I knew that was crazy and had them join the tribe. It was supposed to implode quickly, but somehow it lasted longer than anticipated. I plan on working with a few tribes that I know that are already joining the world as we’ve already spoke about the future and the plans.

Nest: Some people say you are a master of diplomacy, infiltration, manipulation. Having a larger world with many strong tribes could be a perfect place for using those skills, how important do you think diplomacy will be on W100?

A master of something... Not sure diplomacy and manipulation were words i'd use after that.

Brad: World 100 is going to be an interesting world with the number of tribes. I know there will be some that already do not like me because when I make an enemy I enjoy the trolling and PnP of the game. The use of diplomacy will be the key to this world if it is as large as it should be. I’ve recently played and about to finish w93 which was a smaller world. We had to use diplomacy to get where we are now.

Nest: What do you think will be the key to having a successful startup on this world? Are concerned about some tribes abusing PP exchange getting ahead?

Brad: The use of PP exchange is getting out of hand. This game is turning into even more of a p2w game. If you look at some of the top accounts now days, they have spent 70-100k in pp which is absolutely absurd. The reason is the allowance of using scripts on the exchange as made it even worse. I would be happy if there was no PP exchange on this world, but it will not be able to be done as TW would lose a lot of money.

Nest: And finally is there anything you would like to say to your competition or players who still haven't joined W100 and are looking for a tribe?

Brad: Gents is back and ready for a fight.

In all seriousness, I wish Brad and Gents the best of luck on this highly competitive world. Brad has always been a fierce opponent and should not be taken lightly. Gents will hopefully make some waves in the sea of premades.

What's going on here? Is this nest interviewing Brad and then your catty personal commentary in blue? What's the deal with that? It reads as if this was part of the interview but I am guessing that Brad wasn't given the opportunity to respond to it? That seems unfair. WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME SPEAK IN DEFENSE OF BRAD?! :p

Also, what's the deal with bullying sweet, innocent, kind, minuscule, fragile, weak, tiny, frail, little goldie? WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME SPEAK IN DEFENSE OF GOLDIE?!

I guess what I am saying is... if you're gonna post stuff like that, it sure as hell shouldn't be stickied. If you manage to keep this fairly unbiased, like most of your post was, then fine. But leave your personal history out of it and handle your criticism outside of it.

Or at least give me a facepalm award XD

DeletedUser116682

Big fan of the settings for the long awaited W100

2.0 was always my favourite speed as my first world was a 2.0, feels natural. Limited haul is appreciated as it's a good opportunity to relax a little :D

It's such a shame people changes accounts so often as it is real tricky to track people down D:

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
As a suggestion you could do a power rankings about the well-known tribes. I don't know if you thought about that. But in other games some people do it.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What throne UBM? You seem pretty boring to me ngl. Are you farming likes with all your author's articles being on your account?? Your ego seems to deserve a throne (and an account) of its own... :rolleyes:

rather tragic ngl

One of the articles has been a good read so far but all the best and I hope to see how long they remain "unbiased" for.... ;)

Cute comments... UBM is my ego's account.

For W0sh, yes those are my catty comments in blue. Sorry for enticing you to defend Brad. Hes always welcome to come here in the forums and represent! We will all have our opinions and while the blog is a sticky it wont be void of such commentary. W0sh it would take a lot for me to give you a facepalm!

Thanks for all the support so far and a special thanks Porksword for giving me a chuckle tonight.

DeletedUser121960

I am used to UBM blogs being biased against me as he tends to know I don't care for hatred and so forth. I was waiting on it to be posted to see how it was twisted or changed in a way. They've always had it out for me because I speak my mind and don't care to take the back lashing as I will go back at them. Nest has always ridiculed everything I have done and UBM reminds me of CNN news and turns everything the other way around. I still am willing to entertain their interviews as it brings life to the externals.
giphy.gif

DeletedUser13939

Oh Brad! You're one of the people Nest interviewed! Though that's about the full extent lf what I know about you. So I guess you could say there is at least one person on the Blog Team that doesn't have it out for you. ;)

DeletedUser121960

Oh Brad! You're one of the people Nest interviewed! Though that's about the full extent lf what I know about you. So I guess you could say there is at least one person on the Blog Team that doesn't have it out for you. ;)

Its all good and I enjoy people taking initiative to try to do so. I have showed since the last time UBM and I played I am not like he portrays lol. He can do as he pleases and I'll just rebuttal when necessary.

DeletedUser107233

Its good to see you still playing Brad and I know alot that hate you and alot that like you also, keep playing mate

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at least not until BP has dropped ;)
A wise prediction. Covering events this early in the world can sometimes be troublesome. By the time you write and edit an article about a tribe they could be disbanded before publishing. While both news sources will be competing to cover events, we will also be publishing complementary pieces to help the players through the first few weeks.

Brad stop crying crocodile tears.