W100 Celebration "WHO ARE THE GREATEST PLAYERS?" [Borrowed from W14/W85]

DeletedUser107233

the only thing that tudadar will be thinking of is 101 even with poorer settings to 100 i think they will be more focused there

cokesrus

I am the best thing ever:
6My4z.gif

L@UI$

Openeye
Krono5
Jamm
Thargoran
Jchilds
Purple Predator
Mattcurr
Russki
Nauzhror

Some of the original old school names I can remember who used to cause a fuss. There are probably way more that I'm forgetting as it was so long ago now. I've played with or against pretty much all of them at some point. Also co played with 3 of them.

DeletedUser116724

Mattcurr is awesome yes. Got a lot of haters but to me he always seemed to talk sense.

Great startup player, great technician, great solo player, good at analyzing exactly where players went wrong in strategy. Surprised not to see him on this world.

And at the pace the world isn't growing, the top players who are joining late for strategic reasons on the rim are still gonna be relatively close to mature villages. Could be a tough survival for them.

*GranTorino

He's not joined here yet because he needs to let his w95 trash talking die out a bit before appearing public again.. Still pretty fresh from the looks of things and it's a tough one to live down if you followed it :D

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
4d48c4721d3cde74d4e31272fee21760.png

What are your thoughts and opinion on who are the great/greatest players you've come across through all worlds you've played in?

Mine are:
Jamm
Calaban

Original links:
https://forum.tribalwars.us/index.php?threads/who-are-the-great-players.6533/ (W14)
https://forum.tribalwars.net/index.php?threads/who-are-the-great-players-borrowed-from-w14.277354/ (W85)

I don't know about the best, but I'll make this claim. I'm better than Jamm at everything.

Jamm was the first person to ever double rank 2 on a world. I however have done it three times He tried to leave BP rank 1, restart, and then retake it before nobles - he failed. I attempted it later and succeeded. Pretty much anything Jamm has accomplished others including myself have done better. Jamm was widely considered the best because he played .de for years before .net opened so when .net started he was leagues better than the new players that had never played. That's pretty much it.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I don't know about the best, but I'll make this claim. I'm better than Jamm at everything.

Jamm was the first person to ever double rank 2 on a world. I however have done it three times He tried to leave BP rank 1, restart, and then retake it before nobles - he failed. I attempted it later and succeeded. Pretty much anything Jamm has accomplished others including myself have done better. Jamm was widely considered the best because he played .de for years before .net opened so when .net started he was leagues better than the new players that had never played. That's pretty much it.

Yeah but you're a very arrogant person, Jamm wasn't.
He gifted me a free PA when I still a noob in like W10 or so, he didn't even know me. Truly an amazing man he was.
Jamm > You.
;)

DeletedUser119075

The Greats don;'t need to be the best ever. by the sounds of it Jamm was one of the first to bring the game into new heights, that itself can solidify his greatness, regardless if people down the lines is better then him.

To put it in context, the first man to develop a car revolutionize travel, just because all the new cars now are 100000000000 x better then the first ever car, it doesn't mean the car nowadays are considered legendary.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I disagree with usage of arrogant.

Jamm was conceited, egotistical, and confident. So am I. I'm not sure either is arrogant.

People use the word arrogant wrong IMO.

arrogant: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

If I state I've been rank 1 more times than anyone else that's not an exaggeration. (It might not be true either, it definitely was in the past, and it probably still is, but there's a possibility that has changed in recent years, but I don't think rank 1 on premium worlds should count, so in my eyes I will forever hold that record). You can't be arrogant without exaggerating your claims, you can however be egotistical without exaggerating ones claims. Most good players IMO are egotistical - Jamm very much so included. You have to be to achieve greatness. People who aren't don't push themselves to improve incessantly.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The Greats don;'t need to be the best ever. by the sounds of it Jamm was one of the first to bring the game into new heights, that itself can solidify his greatness, regardless if people down the lines is better then him.

To put it in context, the first man to develop a car revolutionize travel, just because all the new cars now are 100000000000 x better then the first ever car, it doesn't mean the car nowadays are considered legendary.

That's a bad example IMO. I didn't come years after Jamm and beat his records after he'd quit. I played with him, both as his opponent, and as his tribemate. Numerous others in the 2008-2010 era were better than him while he was still playing.
Jamm's not the most egregious example though of oldbies being overrated by a long shot. Jamm's understanding of the game was pretty solid. Openeye however who has also been repeatedly namedropped in this thread was just bad, and wrote a terrible guide that was praised for years by people too stupid to realize how bad it was.

DeletedUser65288

Murderous Mouse is by far the greatest rank 1 startup king player to ever grace the server. he WAS the overall favorite *cue shyroh quote*
Overall Favorite
1. Murderous Mouse

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Murderous Mouse is by far the greatest rank 1 startup king player to ever grace the server. he WAS the overall favorite *cue shyroh quote*

Eh, no one is "by far the greatest", but he definitely belongs in the discussion. He's one of the few I won't confidently claim to be better than.