So who's playing?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
some peoples ego's are unreal lol..

all I'm gonna say on this discussion

(btw I don't think I'm a great its just the name I picked :S)

I assume that was a intended to be a shot at me. The funny thing is I consider stealthy's posts to be far more arrogant.

If I saw two basketball players interviewed, and one was a random NBA player and the other was Michael Jordan (or Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Magic Johnson, etc. - insert any all-star here) I'd consider the random NBA player to be far more arrogant for implying he might be better than Michael Jordan than I would consider Jordan for scoffing at a comparison made between the two.

Do I think I'm the best player? Nope. Do I think I'm better than most players? Absolutely. I think I'm probably somewhere in the top 100 players ever. That's 100 out of 5-6 million.Something like 99.998% of players are worse than me as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean I think I am the best, does mean I scoff at being compared to most people. Definitely means I scoff when people try telling me how easy it is do something they've never done.

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It wasn't a shot at anyone in particular.

I just have played with a lot of people and I find there are hundreds of players who could be IMO considered the best, but they never wanted the attention so never got it. and a lot more people who others dub the "best" iv played alongside or against and havnt seen anything particularly out of the ordinary.

again I'm just an outsider looking in, but... "the lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep"

DeletedUser84793

I assume that was a intended to be a shot at me. The funny thing is I consider stealthy's posts to be far more arrogant.

If I saw two basketball players interviewed, and one was a random NBA player and the other was Michael Jordan (or Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Magic Johnson, etc. - insert any all-star here) I'd consider the random NBA player to be far more arrogant for implying he might be better than Michael Jordan than I would consider Jordan for scoffing at a comparison made between the two.

Do I think I'm the best player? Nope. Do I think I'm better than most players? Absolutely. I think I'm probably somewhere in the top 100 players ever. That's 100 out of 5-6 million.Something like 99.998% of players are worse than me as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean I think I am the best, does mean I scoff at being compared to most people. Definitely means I scoff when people try telling me how easy it is do something they've never done.

I hate to tell you this but not once have i ever said what you said...i respect all good players..even if we dont get along! i never said to anyone that i thought i was the best or that im better then anyone...what i often would say..it dont matter if you win or lose its how you play the game and play as a team...your big talk is pointless to me..the facts is facts..you never went as far as i have and in most aspects you never will..due to the fact of your ego..hell if you were even in my tribe talking like that i would rim ya..so its no wonder why you have not last long..your a mid game player at best...simple as that! and your not as good as you think you are my little booger eating friend! enjoy the game!

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There's definitely very good players that are quiet and avoid the forums that as a result get overlooked. I think players can fairly accurately be put into tiers, but comparing within tiers is super subjective. If someone says as an example, that they think Dentarthurdent is the greatest player ever I'm not likely to comment on that, I may or may not agree, but I think it's a valid opinion - he's definitely in the very top tier in regards to startup ability.

But I find it much harder to take someone whose best rank ever is 18th serious when they try saying anyone can get rank 1 when they've played ~70 worlds and never once came close. And no, rank 18 isn't close to rank 1. It might seem like it because 18 out of 9000 for example is 99.8th percentile, but the largest gaps in troop counts and points on a world tend to be at the top. It's not uncommon for rank 1 to have close to twice as many points or troops as anyone else on a world. I have played worlds where rank 18 had 1-2 villages when I had 10, it's a decent showing by most standards, but it's also far below the level of rank 1 contenders.

I'll never claim to be the best player, and frankly I can't take anyone serious who would make such a claim, because best is super subjective. What isn't subjective to me at all though is when someone who is tier C tries claiming they're better than someone who's Tier S or SS.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but not once have i ever said what you said...i respect all good players..even if we dont get along! i never said to anyone that i thought i was the best

No, no. You didn't claim to be the best. You questioned if I was better than you. That is akin to questioning if Lebron James is a better basketball player than you. It's arrogant to even ask, and not up for debate.

hell if you were even in my tribe talking like that i would rim ya

Except you wouldn't. By the time you'd reach nobles on a world I'd have a dozen villages. As I said, your posts reek of arrogance. You don't realize that you're not even close to being in my league yet you speak as if you think you are.

DeletedUser84793

No, no. You didn't claim to be the best. You questioned if I was better than you. That is akin to questioning if Lebron James is a better basketball player than you. It's arrogant to even ask, and not up for debate.

Except you wouldn't. By the time you'd reach nobles on a world I'd have a dozen villages. As I said, your posts reek of arrogance. You don't realize that you're not even close to being in my league yet you speak as if you think you are.

As south park's cartman would say "You can die and go to hell"...lol:D

DeletedUser84793

1 ALessonInPointWhoring Gold 31.435 6 5239
2 AJusCorz BA 21.960 5 4392
18 portugal player D.B.D 9.010 2 4505

A dozen might be an exaggeration if rank 18 is your best rank, depends whether you can get rank 18 at startup, or if you reached that later on. Either way, when rank 18 has 2 villages I'm frequently about triple their size, they're definitely not going to rim me.

im sorry but your ego is way to much..their is no discussion here..you think you hung the moon and claim to be better then most..i don't see how you can even dare to make that claim..when in fact i can see an just average player being better then you...just as simple as that man. dont try to eat shit and tell me it taste good..fact!

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
im sorry but your ego is way to much..their is no discussion here..you think you hung the moon and claim to be better then most..i don't see how you can even dare to make that claim..when in fact i can see an just average player being better then you...just as simple as that man. dont try to eat shit and tell me it taste good..fact!

You have literally no clue how good I am or am not. You seem to think playing a world longer than someone else makes them better though, which is a laughable view.

I don't think I hung the moon. I don't merely claim to be better than most, I claim to be better than nearly everyone, and anyone that has actually played with me and seen me play would likely confirm. The key word there is nearly.

"when in fact i can see an just average player being better then you"

Statements like this are just stupid and reek of ignorance. You have zero evidence of me lacking "any" skills. You take offense at me claiming to be better than people who would happily admit I am better than them, it's silly.

I told you when you acted like me saying h0lly was worse than me was a crime - get him to comment, don't try and defend him without getting his take when odds are he'd agree with me.

DeletedUser1082

Those are all players I've played with on dozens of worlds. As for no one knowing who I am....just lol. I was at one time arguably the most well known player on TribalWars, anyone who's played for a long time and has read the forums knows exactly who I am.

h0llyghost has the oldest forum account of anyone posting on this worlds forums, when I claimed to be better than Jamm in the other thread he didn't even try to refute the claim from a technical aspect, he just said he liked Jamm more for personality reasons. I'm not some unknown player who's never stood out from the crowd, I hold numerous ingame records, was a staff member for years, have taught hundreds of players 1 on 1, and have written guides that have been read by thousands of players.

I thought you liked to be accurate.
Stealthy best player confirmed.

DeletedUser

Well, Jasper always says he's a bad player on the externals. This has been pretty consistent since 2007-2008 when I first took note of his posts.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, Jasper always says he's a bad player on the externals. This has been pretty consistent since 2007-2008 when I first took note of his posts.

Yeah, I'm not trying to put him down, I didn't even use him as a comparison because I consider it a given that he's not a top player, he's a good player, but his reputation has never been that of a top player, but stealthy tried telling me to not even talk about Jasper or compare myself to him because he thinks Jasper's way better than I am while I meanwhile know Jasper'd never make such a claim.

@Steve K, I forgot you'd posted here as well, either way, you as well know damn well who I am and know I can play and not just talk shit on the forums.

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
stealthy IS a good player , he knows hes not the best.. but so what! i see loads of skilled players but they either drop off lose concentration cause problems , knows better etc etc.. so what does the best player consist of .. many aspects and facets make up a great player like tudadar . im sure no one objects to that.. but we all like a team player and a less skilled player is better as a team player than a ego skilled one. so maybe lets discuss w100 instead of past stuff.. as we all have them issues.
meanwhile im still trying to find wally!! sorry voopoo. where are you come out and play! :)

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
stealthy IS a good player , he knows hes not the best.. but so what! i see loads of skilled players but they either drop off lose concentration cause problems , knows better etc etc.. so what does the best player consist of .. many aspects and facets make up a great player like tudadar . im sure no one objects to that.. but we all like a team player and a less skilled player is better as a team player than a ego skilled one. so maybe lets discuss w100 instead of past stuff.. as we all have them issues.
meanwhile im still trying to find wally!! sorry voopoo. where are you come out and play! :)

Wait, tudadar? That's your example of a great player?

Excuse me while I laugh. Dude never did shit till premium worlds.

"but we all like a team player and a less skilled player is better as a team player than a ego skilled one."

That's super debatable. That can be true, it doesn't mean it is true however. I've seen many tribes filled with players that had egos, but they were egotistical as a group. ie. Collectively the entire tribe looked down on everyone not in the tribe, it didn't mean they looked down on each other or feuded with each other. You can have egotistical players with fantastic teamwork. I've played in several tribes where most of the members had been rank 1 many times everyone in the tribe knew they were the cream of the crop, thing is they also knew their tribemates were equally or at least similarly skilled and they worked together fantastically as they all trusted each other to pull their weight and support each other when needed.

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
agree As a guy who has been a duke on nearly every world iv ever played, some of the "best skilled" players are the ones who make it hard to keep a tribe moving in the right direction, while some with less practical TW skills but is a team orientated and listens to directions can take you to a world win, with or without that 1 player who is a step above the rest in skill set.

I think this is the heart of why we all Love TW its about the Tribe! iv never seen a 1 man tribe win a world ;) its all about the teamwork

DeletedUser121762

My version of qualities in a good player, some of you lot have got it alllll wrong.

1) Consistency is a great quality for your growth and timings, if you’re getting war caps more importantly then wow good, tight timings on a constant basis is a very good skill when composed.
2) Team-play is a must, if you’re not a team player... then fellas will go against ya and force internal ya (I would if I was leading lol)
3) Organisation is important, if you have this quality then it comes to your advantage if done properly.
4) Composure: Can you keep your cool when your account attracts many daily incomings? Can you hold your front and attack at the same level of not being under fire? Can you take multiple acc sits and remain calm defending your own acc?
5) Defending is part of #2 basically.. if a player takes a hot sit under fire and does a fantastic job is definitely in my good books.
6) Efficiency, we all try to be.. but if ya can most times and in a smart way then you’ll be very lethal.
7) Awareness: Many good leaders and defenders understand this quality, if ya understand what I mean then you’re a very smart player. It helps me a lot when I’m curious of what could happen, under fire or planning ops.. notes help a lot.
8) Hard work will get ya far if you’re consistent, guaranteed to be #1 if yourself and coplayers put in the hours to get to this level.

Enjoyed writing this but my brain is a bit foggy right now to add more :p

~Patrick

DeletedUser1082

Yeah, I'm not trying to put him down, I didn't even use him as a comparison because I consider it a given that he's not a top player, he's a good player, but his reputation has never been that of a top player, but stealthy tried telling me to not even talk about Jasper or compare myself to him because he thinks Jasper's way better than I am while I meanwhile know Jasper'd never make such a claim.

@Steve K, I forgot you'd posted here as well, either way, you as well know damn well who I am and know I can play and not just talk shit on the forums.

I know damn well you're easily baited into a shit-throwing competition ;)

it's a game you jabronis.