Feedback High Performance

DeletedUser122283

Love it, no haul is a great decision. Perfect for the real pro players and not just the bored farmwhores. Farm worlds are for noobies and bots.

@all hating no haul, i guess you got no skill?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Love it, no haul is a great decision. Perfect for the real pro players and not just the bored farmwhores. Farm worlds are for noobies and bots.

@all hating no haul, i guess you got no skill?

No haul worlds don't encourage skilled play. They encourage minewhoring followed by people gifting you villages.

Farming worlds have far more skill involved. It's not the farming, it's the spending of the resources obtained from farming. Farming worlds open up options and variances in build order that enable people to play differently as opposed to minewhoring while making minimal troops and praying no one cats you.

No hauls boils down to:

1.) You minewhore and get lucky and succeed.
2.) You minewhore, someone near you rushes cats and clobbers you.
3.) You rush cats and mess someone's shit up, but ultimately you also screw yourself because you don't actually have a shot at success with this strategy because while you might have just taken out one minewhoring player the real winners are the minewhores who managed to safely grow who massively outproduce you.

This skilled play you speak of is something that only exists on worlds where you can obtain enough resources for 24/7 troop production from an early stage.

Sorry to break it to you, the only people that think no hauls worlds involve more skill are shit players who are incapable of obtaining concurrent constant queues on normal worlds and want their more skilled peers neutered so that they have a chance on a world that's more like gambling and less like competing.

No setting that completely streamlines the way people grow and neuters build diversity could ever possibly increase the skillcap.

Last edited:

DeletedUser122109

No haul worlds don't encourage skilled play. They encourage minewhoring followed by people gifting you villages.

Farming worlds have far more skill involved. It's not the farming, it's the spending of the resources obtained from farming. Farming worlds open up options and variances in build order that enable people to play differently as opposed to minewhoring while making minimal troops and praying no one cats you.

I myself love the build order where you spend 56k of someone elses prem and refuse to pay it back

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the setting, especially the no hauls part :) There was a thread with a survey about preferred HP settings. I haven't counted the votes but limited/no hauls must have prevailed... if they were so unpopular why people voted for them?

No, there was not.

There was a thread where people posted suggestions. As in, 10-20 people posted at all.

Every time there has been an ingame poll where there are thousands of votes no hauls and limited hauls are consistently voted the least popular settings.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Every time there has been an ingame poll where there are thousands of votes no hauls and limited hauls are consistently voted the least popular settings.

And if we look at those same polls we also see that majority of the people not voting for no haul and limited haul never reach a village count higher than 10.
I appreciate the feedback and will certainly keep it into account for the next HP (next one won't be a no-haul FYI), but if you want to bring up numbers you also need to take into account the bigger picture :)

As for the decision of high member count:
HP is not supposed to run for years. It needs to run 6 - 7 months. I don't know what this market is used to, but that is and has always been the intended purpose of HP. This can be done in several ways:
1) Low member count, but also a low dominance (so it isn't too difficult to achieve and it doesn't drags on for too long)
2) High member count, but also a higher dominance (so it isn't too easy to achieve)

A combination of both does not work.
Why we chose for the higher member count is easy to explain: This is the first HP in quite some time. We've had a recent unfortunate timing with en101 being launched right after en100.
We want to offer the players that were too late for 100 an alternative to still play non premium with their friends, in decent numbers without having to "choose" who to play with. We want people to attract other players to this world, so new players get to know it and will hopefully stay for future worlds. While we're talking about facts, it is a fact that player retention is terrible with low tribe limit, which is not something we will risk for this "first" HP with pretty new players from the Danish, Croatian, Slovenian and soon Thai markets, who have never before in their tw carreer seen a "classic" world.

As I said, there is a bigger picture behind most of the choices made, I only hope you will enjoy HP regardless.

Good luck!

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
And if we look at those same polls we also see that majority of the people not voting for no haul and limited haul never reach a village count higher than 10.
I appreciate the feedback and will certainly keep it into account for the next HP (next one won't be a no-haul FYI), but if you want to bring up numbers you also need to take into account the bigger picture :)

As for the decision of high member count:
HP is not supposed to run for years. It needs to run 6 - 7 months. I don't know what this market is used to, but that is and has always been the intended purpose of HP. This can be done in several ways:
1) Low member count, but also a low dominance (so it isn't too difficult to achieve and it doesn't drags on for too long)
2) High member count, but also a higher dominance (so it isn't too easy to achieve)

A combination of both does not work.

The part about people having never reached 10 villages may or may not be true - but is hard to prove due to the number of people that use more than one account during their playing tenure.

ie. I don't think I've passed 10 villages while playing as ALessonInPointWhoring, but I have as Nauzhror, and Xalenryoh, and Darth Hellmuth, and Countdown To Extinction, and Richard Pryor, etc. etc.

The combination of low member count and high dominance however absolutely does work with certain setting combinations.HP 5 began August 22nd, it was unofficially won within 3 weeks. The only reason it lasted till December even was because it was a round that had an end date announced when it began. Our tribe had over 99% domninance when they closed the round 4 months later.

https://forum.tribalwars.net/index....orld-will-be-opening-this-upcoming-th.162844/

That thread shows the start time was August 20th.

September 1st people were already asking us to be declared the winners, these people were not in our tribe: https://forum.tribalwars.net/index.php?threads/world-will-be-won-soon.164679/

https://forum.tribalwars.net/index.php?threads/hp5-milestones.164894/ Milestone sthread shows that by October 8th our tribe was 5 million points (and pretty sure we had 6 members, not 10).

https://forum.tribalwars.net/index.php?threads/end-of-current-round.173648/ A thread people made asking why the world wasn't ended yet in October, by December (little over 3 months into the round) the rank 20 player was 3.5k points. We had nearly 100% dominance.

That HP round was also speed 2, unit speed 2. It would have been done and dusted even faster had it been speed 4 or 5.

Low member count leading to lower player retention may in fact be accurate - that would likely explain why we were able to win rounds with low member limits very fast. But low retention = faster victory, not slower.

I do definitely agree with you on one aspect though: People vote for settings that are bad for them.

ie. People that don't farm a ton vote for farming worlds - and this puts them at a disadvantage.

Similarly, people that are typically protected by morale vote for no morale.

Players tend to overrate their capability and want settings that benefit the best players even when they are in fact not one of the best players because they perceive themselves as being such.

Last edited:

DeletedUser122283

Sorry to break it to you, the only people that think no hauls worlds involve more skill are shit players who are incapable of obtaining concurrent constant queues on normal worlds and want their more skilled peers neutered so that they have a chance on a world that's more like gambling and less like competing.

So you say clicking A+B for 5.000 per day is skill? Wow, simply wow. you are so skilled. I guess on a 1v1 you would kill me :(((

DeletedUser120876

farm isnt skill, farm is 100% be 24/7 in the computer/smartphone or a bot. Nothing more. Skill is defend and attack.

thing is thath best farmers always in clasic rounds get better early, so they can start better and is so easy farming good to make a good grow.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So you say clicking A+B for 5.000 per day is skill? Wow, simply wow. you are so skilled. I guess on a 1v1 you would kill me :(((

Apparently reading is above you.

I suggested that an influx of resources allows build diversity, and the skill differences come out in how people spend those resources. But nice try arguing a terrible strawman argument.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Dear community,

Today we wish to inform you that our newest High Performance round will open its doors upcoming sunday, October 7th around 11 AM. Pre-registrations have already opened, so make sure to join us on this awesome world!

Note that the High Performance round is a world for advanced Tribal Wars players with very challenging settings at a high speed! If you have less experience with the game it is recommended to join world 103 instead!

>> Pre-register now!

General Settings:

- Building speed: 4.5 (450%)
- Unit Speed: 0.44 (198%)
- Production Factor: 35 (12 600/h)

Game:
- Archers: Deactivated
- Paladin / Statue: Deactivated
- Bonus Villages: Activated
- Barbarian Villages: Grow and shrink to 1200 points
- Church and Belief: Deactivated
- Watchtower: Deactivated
- Militia: Deactivated
- Morale: Deactivated
- Achievements: Deactivated
- Noble production: Packages (constant nobleman prices)
- Loyalty: 26-33 (load 1)
- Technologies: 3-level
- Beginners protection: 3 days
- Beginners protection ratio: Deactivated

Other:
- Nightmode: Deactivated
- Choose starting direction: Deactivated
- Attack timing: Full seconds
- Fake limit: Deactivated
- Limit Nobleman walking distance: Activated (50 fields)

Extra :
- Victory conditions: Dominance (hold 70% for 15 days)
- Tribelock: Deactivated
- Tribe limit: 15
- Flags: Deactivated
- Haul: Full Haul (no scavenging)
- Farm limit: Deactivated

Premium Features:
- Premium Account: Activated
- Account Manager: Activated
- Farm-Assistent: Activated
- Building time reduction: Deactivated
- Finish immediately: Deactivated
- Building cost reduction: Deactivated
- +20% Production: Deactivated
- Trading with the merchant: Deactivated
- Premium Exchange: Deactivated

We hope you enjoy these settings! Make sure to let us know your feedback in the feedback topic!

Have fun!

Your Tribal Wars Team

Last edited:

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Explain

- Attack timing: Full seconds
The principle is simple: there are no milliseconds. Whatever is sent first will also arrive first (within the same second), you won't be able to snipe trains for example.

DeletedUser121968

If there are not milliseconds, does this mean that a train would take 4 seconds (because that's a free snipe) or is there the ability to send a train in 1 second when including noblemen?From what I understand there are milliseconds they are just hidden.
Will there be quests? Full haul(no scavenging) does this mean normal farming?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Everything lands at the same time, just in the order of how you sent it.

For example,

1st Noble: 44:44
2nd Noble: 44:44
Last Noble 44:44

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Can i ask why specifically is the loyalty 26-33 instead of 20-35? Force 4 man noble trains?

H1CKH4CK

Why are you guys making the troopspeed so awkward? With 198% you'll always have very odd looking runtimes, which makes it rather difficult or inconvenient to add up without looking at the map. At least with 200% you can cut the normal runtime in half and dont have to handle odd sectimes.

I understand its more fun to try new things out(which I highly appreciate btw.) but I'd rather play on a speed 4 world, when that means I don't have to mess around with these weird numbers. Maybe you can change that since I believe that this settings are nothing more but annoying to most people :/

Last edited: