What is this??? Cmon...

• Thread starter DeletedUser122061
  • Start date

DeletedUser97716

Inno needs to remove any bonuses currently running and any in inventories immediately. Offer a refund or put them on another world. Ridiculous that you guys are getting paid to run this shit show. Just ridiculous.

DeletedUser66411

Here is the thing..

What has been sold, will be useable for the players. And the reason for this is that they can't refund it due to the fact that they legally cant take someones order back (and probably don't want to, but thats just an opinion). And if they can't refund it, they can't prevent the players who already put their money onto the packages to be used because they have the right to use what they bought. So its a matter of legal-block that is preventing them from taking any action against the damage that has already been causing.

So the damage has been dealt and there is nothing that can be done about it. What concern me is that they imply they have fixed the problem but cases of buying have been brought up proving that they havent.. And getting into this mess in the first place shouldnt even be happening, there needs to be better precautions with these sales preventing these messes that will most likely shift the dynamic in the world towards p2w for some few players.

The thing is the 20 percent res bonuses from the packages are unusable.. So they sold something that doesn't work in game... Completely squashes your legal argument.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As I made clear when I joined this community as a CM, I wish to keep things as transparent as possible as I believe you have a right to know what goes wrong and what actions we are taking to avoid it from happening again, so there goes:

We have discussed this issue internally as we were curious ourselves on how this could have happened and opened an "inquiry" so it can (will) be avoided in the future.

For starters I want to keep you informed on how the procedure regarding sales work, so that you might understand how such a 'screw-up' (which it truly is, I admit) could happen:
- Whenever a world is launched it will receive default settings in all systems we use, including the CRM systems that are responsible for sales.
Whenever a non-premium world is launched, a notification is sent out to these responsible teams to make sure the world is added on the appropriate exclusion lists, and so that sales like this one can not happen on worlds like en100.

Sadly the person responsible for these tasks has left the company around the time en100 was launched, after which it was simply forgotten by the person that took over these duties a few days later.
While this should not happen in the first place (I entirely agree with you being a very dedicated player myself), it is in fact a human error. I will not try to defend it, as I'm very sure it could have been avoided, but I do hope for some degree of understanding.

As for this specific sale we have disabled the campaign as soon as we heard about it from you guys (for which we are enormously grateful by the way). Sadly our systems do not allow disabling the offer for people that already have it active, without interrupting the normal flow of the game: we can only prevent it from spawning on more players.
Thankfully, the sale was noticed very quickly and only a minority of players have actually received the sale, and even fewer have benefited from it.

While I am sure there will be some impact (even though small if I look at numbers), there is nothing we can do about this at this point. I can certainly understand that it may seem easy for you to think that we can just 'rollback' or 'disable it for everyone that has it' or 'remove it from people that bought it', I must sadly state the opposite: it is not that easy: not from a technical point of view (we do not want to interrupt the current game play) and not from a legal point of view.

To continue, as this sale was not intended to run on this world in the first place, it did indeed include some unusable packages. If you have been affected by this issue, please do create a support ticket, type 'premium' and we will look for an appropriate solution (which can include a refund if the other items have not yet been spent or used).

As for the future, we have ensured that the world is added permanently to the exclusions list.

Furthermore I really want to express my gratitude for reporting this in time, on the forums and in tickets, so greater damage could be avoided. We really rely on player reports to point us towards our mistakes, so we can resolve them in time. Thank you!

Finally, I am convinced that this entire post will seem as "yeah, we've heard that before!", and I understand. You have, and I am, truly, very sorry that this has happened again. Sadly there is not much I can do except for apologizing for the things we did and the things we can't do.

Kind regards,
JawJaw

blckdrgn1

Thank you for the response JawJaw.

Could you tell us how many of each package type was purchased so that we can see the impact also? This would go a long way to keeping things transparent.

DeletedUser66411

Could you tell us how many of each package type was purchased so that we can see the impact also? This would go a long way to keeping things transparent.
We won't know the impact until the offer is over... We still have 20 hours on the offer.. I am trying to get in touch with Linear for an easy investment opportunity on a guaranteed rank 1 account.

DeletedUser66411

not from a legal point of view.

To continue, as this sale was not intended to run on this world in the first place, it did indeed include some unusable packages. If you have been affected by this issue, please do create a support ticket, type 'premium' and we will look for an appropriate solution (which can include a refund if the other items have not yet been spent or used).

So if i've already spent the useable premium features I wont get a refund on the unusable features? Pretty sure that doesn't hold up at all from a legal point of view.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score

Sadly this is something I can't do so you will have to take my word for it (which I understand is very difficult to do).

So if i've already spent the useable premium features I wont get a refund on the unusable features? Pretty sure that doesn't hold up at all from a legal point of view.

As I said, create a support ticket and we will find an appropriate solution. ;)

DeletedUser66411

As I said, create a support ticket and we will find an appropriate solution. ;)

Its more than just the refund.. There is now openly false and misleading advertising on those packages. This is illegal in most countries. You can't just say you will offer refunds but leave the misleading representation of product for sale.

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Its more than just the refund.. There is now openly false and misleading advertising on those packages. This is illegal in most countries. You can't just say you will offer refunds but leave the misleading representation of product for sale.
Why are you making a big deal about this?

DeletedUser66411

Why are you making a big deal about this?
Because as a consumer I want to be dealing with a company performing legal and ethical business. I understand there was a mistake made which happens but it needs to be rectified in a legal and fair manner.

DeletedUser120220

@JawJaw What purchased items are unusuable and what are usuable?

Warehouse boosts are usable, that's all you need to know.

The effect this has on the world can be huge as warehouse boosts are an even bigger deal on a limited haul world where the amount of resources brings a relatively larger advantage due to the overall lower resource income because of no farming.

You'll probably see people who made use of this offer noble a significant amount of barbs as barbs have very little use this world because of the limited haul and AM with speed 2 combined makes barbling a useful strategy with so many excess nobles.

DeletedUser121389

Everything apart from +20% of Clay/Iron/Timber production items is useable

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
That's not fair. 15% attack boost axes and lc's, 15% defends spear and sword . 10% populations, -10% coins. . Shame on you innogames ..

Mr. Cringer Pants

Someone could start a coalition against anyone using boosters. Hot Eagle where are you?

One unfair aspect is it only being open for 1-2 hours and giving anyone in specific timezones the opportunity to capitalize on this offer. I'm unaware of the exact time it was up but based on where I live it was between 03:00 - 05:00 local time. Not that I would dump money into this game. Apparently, some people on skype are saying the offer is still open for those that purchased already?

I thank inno for taking responsibility and JAWJAW made a very sincere post but perhaps once the damage was done(and still being done), they should have left the offer up for 24 hours so all members of w100 that wanted to PP boost could have the opportunity to. It's a small world and this could be a total game changer for the "few" accounts that had the ability to buy boosts.

PatriotStomp

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see which accounts make the top 50 in the next 2 weeks and if they got this offer. This is so sad. Tribal wars is already a dieing game. All we wanted as a community is a non pp abuse world to actually play the game how it was made to be played.

I could have done a better job and not ruined a world some of us have spent weeks playing. I hope this person is fired.

Last edited:

Garrock

perhaps I should just disband my tribe, and invite all players who have this unfair advantage, and go and dominate the world... This is a massive screwup, keeping in mind that even if the purchasers = to let's say 1% of the player base, that is several hundred players, then taking in to consideration that there is a large number of inactive and semi-active players, making that percentage that much higher for active players... without knowing the real numbers of people who have made the purchase, the true impact can't really be calculated. Jawjaw, I greatly appreciate your explanation mate, but not even inno can quantify the impact this will have, and admitting the mistake is not truly "transparent". Our tribe is in a war and now I can't know if I'm attacking someone with boost, or defending it either. On top of the bonus you gave to people playing on accounts that hadn't been active in TW for a long long time, this just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

DeletedUser103748

What is the next way Inno will screw up w100? It's already tiny because of the nonsense where Inno didn't set it as recommended for more than a week, with odd settings most people don't really care for, has had pp offers given to select accounts before, and now this.

EDIT: WORTH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Cringer Pants

Based on TW stats:

Rank 1 has 288,360 points with 34 villages.
Rank 100 has 125,347 points with 14 villages.
Rank 500 has 32,952 points with 5 villages
Rank 1000 has 5405 points with 1 village.
Rank 2000 has 440 points with 1 village.

It's unlikely someone with 440 points(or even 5405 points) is going to go to endgame to win or place top 3. I suppose if you purchase 100's of boosters and minted 20-30 nobles you could mass expand but would still need to be a skilled player, active account and in a top tribe. I wonder how the community will react in the game to anyone that massively boosts.

Boosts give resources to all warehouses in all villages giving exponential gains to larger accounts. 1% of 2000 is 20 accounts, not 100's. This very well could be a game changer depending on who was fortunate enough to be offered this based on where you live or time you play. They need to do more to rectify this than just removing it in a timely fashion, even if it means offering the same deal again for X period of time to the entire community.

I fear the real impact will be any top 100 accounts purchasing massive resource boosts and able to mint out 20-30 nobles, essentially doubling there current village count.

Just some numbers to look at and think about.

Last edited: