W102 by Nest

DeletedUser117534

I've joined W102 two weeks ago to farm premium points but since I've came across a lot of good old friends playing it I thought I will give it a go. So far I have been enjoying it quite a lot and I think we might have a very interesting world. So it was quite disappointing to see lack of activity on 102 externals. If not for analysis by TotalPointWhore and declaration by Four there would be absolutely no good content. So I thought I'll open a discussion about current top 6 tribes starting with comenting on some stats and positioning.
I am limitting my analysis to the top 6 tribes which have gained a substantial point lead over the rest of the top 10. I could stretch it to 7 including the Core family but I decided to leave it as I don't believe Core will survive for long.

When it comes to positioning we have a dominant tribe in each of the quarters (Hype&Hype2 Family as one) with a fifth tribe occupying the core. Then there are rim tribes slowly gaining significance in each quarter.

a123.jpg

I like starting my analysis by looking at some factsand available stats. I have prepared three tables sumamrising some general information, conquer statistics and daily farming data.

102_A.jpg

O2 is currently leading the ranking with just over 900K points and 45 members. Since yesterday the tribe has gained 80K points taking the rank 1 from Four. The tribe fully deserves its rank, it has been very aggressive (ODA rank 2) with the higher number of conquered villages and the strongest daily farming. The tribe seems to be very confident expanding into K55 and K44 being stretched over huge area. O2 is playing a risky game, fighting smaller tribes in K45 while expanding, thinning out its defences and risking worsening relations with MAD and Four. Those two tribes might be smaller but if they realise O2 is the common problem they might think of teaming up at some stage. I think now a lot depends on how O2 will manage its diplomacy. If NAPs are signed they will most likely negotiate borders and that would go in favour of O2 looking at their position in K55. K44 could be a problem in areas where Four players are slowly being surrounded by O2. That north eastern part of K44 is the place to watch for potential conflict between the top 2 tribes.

Four is very similar in size to O2 and it fully deserves its rank having very solid player base, good growth and farming. It has been focusing on K44 and fighting large number of smaller tribes which was confirmed by their war declaration yesterday. So far they have been clearing the area with relative ease but it will take some time before they take full control of core of K44. In the meantime TFBS has emerged on their rim stretching across entire continent. I can already tell that it might be a major problem for Four limiting their growth options in the future also leaving them with a border with 3 strong tribes. Again diplomacy will play a crucial role here.

MAD has been ranked 6th in points but let it not deceive you. The tribe has only 22 members but it currently leads in point per member ranking. It has some very good and capable players and solid leadership and I expect them to climb that point ladder in the lead up to the mid game. As much as I like the small quality roster I am concerned about how they lost control over NE of K 55 to O2. What I would like to see from the tribe is to noble several barbs into K56 to gain more access into the rim in the future. Elixir might be the key tribe in the area cutting off O2 from the rim in K45 allowing MAD to potentially grow on the rim uncontested.

Finally we have Hype family in SW having combined 78 members and over 1KK points. The have cut K54 in half and I can see they will soon take full control of SW. NoHype has been established in defiance to Hype and their Family/Merging practices but I can’t see how one rim tribe could stop such force. It will definitely try to make Pam's and Enex life difficult but they would need allies if they wanted to stay alive for longer. As much as I can sey good things about Hype points and large member base they haven't been doing so well when it comes to farming, also both tribes have captured above average number of barbs, hence relatively small ODA. Posibly a strategy to expand easily into the rim. I am certain we will see both tribes climb in rankings over the next month. Hype family has huge advantage over rest of the tribes with large member base that will come in handy when all the tribes start to strugle with inactivity in mid to late game. We might see the tribes to merge completely one day taking the rank 1 from O2.

Hype is playing really safe at the moment which is smart; they know how easily they could become the public enemy no.1. It will be interesting to see which of the other big tribes decide to ally with Hype?!

ODIN is the only core tribe in our top 6. It is doing relatively well at the moment however high number of tribal changes can indicate some internal issues. They will face more and more internal pressure with limited options for growth. After they clean the area and take all the barbs they will have to make a decision whether to ally Hype family or MAD or Four. Hype has a lot of capacity to merge members so Hype Odin merge is definately possible.

So this is it for my first analysis, I will monitor the situation hopefully providing you with an update in few weeks’ time. I invite players to comment below and to get in touch if you have some juicy info that you think I could use for future posts.

Nest - One last goodbye

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good analysis. Odin from what I hear is primarily focused on world 99 so they won't really be a major player in world events for very long.

O2 and Four are the tribes to watch in this world. Both tribes have experienced returning players from prior worlds. Some have been prior enemies from previous worlds. It remains to be seen whether or not the prior enemy status will be a factor in this world. One thing is for sure, the return of these players (I'm including myself here heh) in both tribes make this boring world a lot more interesting.

4132soccerboy4132

This was a good read, hopefully there will be some big action coming soon

DeletedUser122015

ODIN are the jokers in the world, and from what I've heard, they're also a good group of people. I hope they come full force in the world, it would make it very entertaining for a power struggle. They're doing well on W99 as well.

DeletedUser92119

Good analysis! Please do more in the future. Look forward to it.

.Smiler

Thoroughly enjoyed the read. Good to see again here in 102.

Let’s all hope the forum livens up now things will start to get interesting.

The Strategist

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Well alot changes in a few days. i will be looking to do a full anaylsis soon. But just want to state the obvious, that the world has essentially been divided into 4 now. So it will be interesting how things pan out going forward.

I dont think any of the top 4 want a large war right now, i can see them cleaning up their K's for the next couple weeks, and whoever finishes first maybe striking out to the rim, or to hit one of the others.

Diplomacy is going to be interesting also. Will everyone go it solo, and have a 4 way war. Or perhaps a 2vs2 or a gangbang on 1 of them. Going to be very interesting few weeks ahead.