Top 20 Tribes

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
8. $$$$$$

The best positioned group on this world. They've got a small tight knit squad who are friends with every major tribe in this world through their member base and leadership having connections everywhere. They'll keep friendly with everyone while they consolidate control and slowly build up their squad. With only 10 people they've clearly got a top notch group. I could see Uruz and HUGS stalling each other and these guys coming to pick up the pieces of one of the tribes and taking over the K very quickly. I don't think they'll interfere with large wars for a long time as it only benefits them to keep quiet and out of sight.

These guys will be a big player in the late game but will keep to themselves until then.

Seems this group has made their move and recruited the Uruz remnants. ODZ is their only dangerous neighbour with End embroiled in a fight for survival. ODZ is cleaning up Rhythm as well so this means the area is clear for these players.

I'd like to note that the top 3 tribes are absolutely top class tribes. Each tribe is led by a proven leader and consists of a lot of players who I've seen within the best tribes of recent worlds (BiP, DST, Obey). The truly elite are starting to show themselves after all the players who hyped themselves up have been rimmed.

I can't wait to see what a war between any of the current top tribes looks like. I think we'll be seeing each of these tribes leaving each other alone until the rest of the world has been subdued and there is only 5 relevant tribes left. Right now we have about 15 relevant tribes. By relevant I mean that their allegiance to one group or another is enough to sway a war in someone's favour (not necessarily guarantee a win).

This mid game phase is all about weeding out the extra tribes and consolidating areas of control. The dukes of these tribes are smart and know that taking on another major player is a death sentence. For example in K44 they are all going to war with each other and this is a guarantee that none of the current tribes in K44 will win in their current form. Any chance of victory for BRO/BM/End requires their war to finish in the next ~2 weeks. They need to focus on the easy growth provided from weaker targets like 155555 have been doing.

I'm rooting for Code on this world though. I always love when people outside of the established TW group come into the fore and prove themselves. I hope that DA can successfully show that premades and "pro" players are not the only way to win a world. The meta has moved more and more towards premades in recent years and I think it's a disappointing trend that excludes new players from having a real chance at the game. Some new players may be picked up by tribes but for the most part its people recruiting people that have proven themselves on other worlds (Most dukes want to see your previous worlds twstats and won't take a noob who hasn't had a good previous world). This is quality assurance and makes sense but at the same time is a meta that is slowly killing the community through lack of growth.

blckdrgn1

That is just the nature of the game design. New players easily get out played and nobled until they learn from it, if they continue playing at all that is. Many of the new players get nobled and just think "well this game sucks" and never play again. The ones who continue to play and learn to fight then prove themselves in game can work their way into groups of veterans. New players being bashers for more experienced players is one way they can work their way in and learn a lot which in the end, leads to what you described. Good players sticking with people they know can fight that they can rely on in a long war.

This world is at an exciting stage to me :) lots of wars, lots of diplomacy and political maneuvering to survive what I call the musical chairs of TW. The tribe who doesnt find a safe chair to sit on gets gang banged and when they are dead the next round begins until end game. Its gonna be a blood bath here on w100! Every K is full of war activity and its awesome :)

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree with you whoever you are. So many troops are being thrown around I can't keep up. It's still too soon to see which tribe will be successful because there are so many talented tribes with different types of leaders and maybe even potential new leaders stepping up in the future. It's anyones game

DeletedUser121413

Rather than the bloodbath many players expected, World 100 has been relatively diplomatic and calculated compared to a lot of worlds. It has been a world of alliances, of family tribes and of coalitions. Tribes that have chosen to run on their own have been annihilated as have tribes with unreliable diplomatic agreements. Since no single tribe is currently sitting far ahead of the rest, it is key to use diplomacy to your favour in order to win. Today, I shall look at the history of diplomacy on World 100 and how it has shaped the world to where it is currently.

K44:

Although, in my opinion, the weakest of the four continents, the first sign that diplomacy was going to reign supreme came from K44. A pre-world alliance was set up between a few tribes by Iron Lady with the intention of conquering K44. BRO would later join this in what would become known as the coalition. Riot!, arguably the most stacked premade in the world would join this continent with 75 accounts, would join the world with no friends, a bad spread and eventually end up falling to this coalition. If anything was to be learned from Riot!'s demise, it was that one cannot go alone, even against tribes that are worse than you. Later on in the world, after Riot! was defeated, this coalition would fall apart and start attacking each other. I believe this is the beginning of the end of K44 as a contender to win the world, with tribes from K45 and K54, especially Beast and HUGS, ready to capitalise on the chaos there.

K45:

K45 was expected to be a bloodbath at the start of the world similar to K44. There were four major premades that landed in the continent, Beast, Para, Gents and Bugz with the eyes of most on Gents and Beast. One tribe that slipped the eyes of most in the early game was likely the most influential to the outcome of K45. That tribe was Code. Code was in an interesting position, being able to attack a cluster of Beast that included the Beast leader Killa Gorilla, but clearly not having the pedigree that Beast did. So the Beast vs. Gents war started and Code hedged their bets, they would stay out of the war and ally with whoever won and then team up against the rest of the continent. It is my understanding that Code was the one that initiated the alliance with Beast, creating the longest lasting alliance in W100 and a model that would be copied by others. The rest is history.

K55:

Now we get to K55, similar to K44, this has been a continent of coalitions. One difference from K44 is that the coalition did not always have absolute victories. In K44, every tribe that fought Riot! survived, but in K55 there were casualties, such as Life/Death and NewGen who whilst fighting on the winning side, were not winning tribes. The two major targets of the ire, the latter of which is still ongoing, were Awake and the Rhythm family. The current coalition grouping in K55 is ODZ Family, Misery and DI. Unlike the K45 grouping of Code and Beast, who have an alliance on a roughly equal basis, though people have argued Beast control Code, ODZ seem to have a certain level of control over their allies, telling them what to do and planning their Ops for them. There is still quite a while to go until Rhythm falls but it will be interesting afterwards as new players such as Code, Hugs and 155555 reach into the continent, whether those relations will stay the same.

K54:

Finally we get to K54. K54 was a mess for the longest time, with the two major tribes, Hugs and Uruz fighting a stalemate. In the back, 100000 were growing quickly off easy fights and avoiding major conflicts, which would allow them to become the rank 1 tribe after Uruz recruitment. From what I have heard, K54 is following in a similar path to K45 with the two biggest tribes there teaming up to take over the continent and from there perhaps even the world. Furthermore, HUGS also has an alliance with End! and it will be interesting to see if they use that to project power into K44. Either ways, it has been shown that tribes cannot go alone and it looks like three major alliances are gearing up for an endgame: Beast + Code, ODZ + Misery + DI, HUGS + 166666 + End!.

PS: Thank you to all the people who help me spell check and edit this.

Mithrae

Today, I shall look at the history of diplomacy on World 100 and how it has shaped the world to where it is currently.

Superb summary - I reckon this should be posted in the blog thread for posterity with your permission. Maybe add another sentence to each K for the most up-to-date info (eg. for K44 "The outermost coalition tribes TQL north and End/TQL south fighting the inner tribes" and for K45 "Para beat Bugz, was beaten by Beast/Code and currently Beast/Code fighting OMG and TQL north").

THB0705

Great post Shadow :), thanks! With a bit more details added for each K this could make for a nice blog post titled "world 100 history up to current date". Or somethig along those lines.

DeletedUser121413

Sometime I wonder if these ally tribe are really family tribe. Like ODZ and their ally or Beast and Code. What would the leadership be like?

blckdrgn1

Sometime I wonder if these ally tribe are really family tribe. Like ODZ and their ally or Beast and Code. What would the leadership be like?

On w81 I was duke of LRO, we had a "family" tribe lro2 which was more like an academy tribe where we put new recruits at first and if they did good work we promoted to the main LRO. On w89 we ended up with 2 tribes at the end, Archer and DST that were operating as equals initially then we rearranged the top performers into one tribe to be the same kind of model LRO used and it works well.

Beast and Code are not that kind of family tribe. We are allies, we work together with independent leadership. Thats as much detail as I'm willing to give :)

DeletedUser117860

Still Code looks like Beast's bish. but i know far well that code is very capable. this alliance benefits them both since if they were adversaries then we would have seen a situation like URUZ vs HUGS, a stalemate thatd lead to a merge of some code players into beast to fight Para since if code and beast werent allies then Para might have lived for a bit xD.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Still Code looks like Beast's bish. but i know far well that code is very capable. this alliance benefits them both since if they were adversaries then we would have seen a situation like URUZ vs HUGS, a stalemate thatd lead to a merge of some code players into beast to fight Para since if code and beast werent allies then Para might have lived for a bit xD.

I've seen a few people try and split up Code and Beast now by remarking that Code seems like Beast's underling.
I feel that people making such a statement should at least tell us why you would think that?

So far I haven't seen Code undertake any actions that might suggest them being subservient. Beast and Code have fought a few wars together true, but they were mutually beneficial. It's not like Beast was struggling and needed Code to jump in, and it's not like Code was taking the hits and Beast was cleaning up. They were more or less equal in their wars till now.

Nemesis publicly stated that they won't recruit people in their shared spheres of influence without Beast's approval.
... But that's a normal thing to do, look at what happens to tribes who don't speak to their allies about recruitment, for example TQL. They get backstabbed.
A good alliance requires communication and trust. It's normal to agree with your allied tribe on the actions you would take that could affect the other.

Basically, if you want to stir up Code and Beast against eachother, try harder.

ppprre

It's the same thing said about BRO being the puppet tribe of BM and ID. They don't even give reasons for why they assume things like that.

Mithrae

It's the same thing said about BRO being the puppet tribe of BM and ID. They don't even give reasons for why they assume things like that.

The war declaration against TQL was posted by BM on behalf of the other coalition tribes, and fixated on Hot Eagle from its title through to its conclusion. The leaders of HUGS have said that to arrange diplomacy with BRO, they had to talk with BM. The leaders of End/TQL have said that to push for extra activity on the part of BRO's hordes of average members in the Riot war, they had to go through BM. Even Hot Eagle has boasted about how he's been the one pushing for BRO folk to send support and be more active.

Any one of these might be taken with a grain of salt, but altogether they paint a pretty compelling picture IMO. Not that it matters.

Still Code looks like Beast's bish.

Sure, you just need to look at the world's war stats to see that :rolleyes:

Code:
Rank  Tribe  Points      Villages won Lost  Ratio  ODA          ODD
1     BEAST  1.758.485   224          22    10.2   10.866.881   4.184.077
2     Code   1.756.633   210          29    7.2    9.699.033    4.809.541

Last edited: