Implemented Implement Snipe Feature + Include Sigils etc.

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Everyone should now be aware of the Snipe script and its usefulness, its not really much of a trade secret and still requires some level of skill to be able to snipe.

My suggestion would be to include the snipe script into the game in a similar way you incorporated t-trains, if you do, I would ask you include sigils in the calculations :)

Not much of a major change since its not really much of a secret, and may make the game more appealing, this could be a toggable feature for such worlds as W100 when perhaps it shouldn't be included? Up to the community there.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
This idea has been approved for voting. Good luck!

DeletedUser84793

I think this is a great idea..after all the system gives us a easy means to use the noble trains...why not the snipe? might as well since most cant snipe or send a proper noble train..you guys fixed one so fix the other i say..nice idea indeed! less brain work..lol

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
Horrible. Why noob the game up more. They already did it with the easy trains then they went and added the WT. If you give easy snipes then it literally takes away the last bit of skill required for the game.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
While sniping isnt difficult in any way i so its probably not as big of a step as noble trains being incorporated i disagree with the implementation of an inbuilt snipe timer. Perhaps inno should go down the route of recommending popular/useful scripts (including a snipe one) rather than incorporating them

mch123

Please stop reducing the skill cap/learning curve just to make sure new players are able to compete and stick around on the game. Instead, make better resources so people can find and learn how to use the current script instead of just feeding it to them on a plate. There also needs some form of upvoting or ranking system to separate the good guides from the bad because it's a jungle atm and finding things of value is rather slow and frustrating.

As with all my posts recently, the above logic is meaningless while the ability to buy power exists. New players can never compete, get abused because they are easy targets and therefore won't stick around. No feature or script is ever going to make up for that and make the game more appealing. Slow the game down so recreational and new players have more time to learn, prepare and actually do all the parts of the game.

I don't use the snipe script and snipe everything just fine myself. I don't think the average player knows about or implements even the most common scripts and I can't see it having any influence on making the game "more appealing". In terms of why players leave the game, I'd rank this issue really low on the list.

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Is it the thought of the skillcap being reduced or the thought that this person could snipe me? Perhaps I should anti-snipe..

It's an extra element of danger, something to add extra spice, it's a positive for pros and newbies. If its something I've seen, change whilst not always liked by many, is vastly appreciated.

Player development will need this change.

I'm willing to argue that.

DeletedUser81551

Its not really a difficult thing to run a snipe script lol. Almost everyone should be able to do that unless they started playing tribal wars like yesterday.

Not a bad idea to implement that feature in game.

Having a snipe launch times isn't going to help someone in any way who cannot actually successfully land a snipe within the required window :D

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This wouldn't be a do it for you kind of feature, more like, enter coords and time of train, and it'll calculate the time you need to hit send, taking in account flags etc and features such as sigils.

The Strategist

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So some people are against this because someone new to the game would be able to stop them from taking their village. Plus pretty much most experience people now include anti snipes in their attacks.

Very well known script, may as well make it accessible for all, otherwise it can take new players a very long time to even discover a quick bar, let alone a snipe script.

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
So some people are against this because someone new to the game would be able to stop them from taking their village. Plus pretty much most experience people now include anti snipes in their attacks.

Very well known script, may as well make it accessible for all, otherwise it can take new players a very long time to even discover a quick bar, let alone a snipe script.

Isn't this the reason the mentor system exists. Any new player who has a good mentor should know all those things before going on their own.

DeletedUser93439

As a retired old-timer I can say I like the idea of having a calculator tool included inside the game. Right now you have to do it by head (for the rich people, use pen and paper) or use some sniping tool/script. Being so bad at math I can't accurately tell you how many fingers I have on one hand, I consider this a good thing.

Will it lower the skill level required? Not by that much. It's not a real game-related skill to be able to discern when to send troops relative to landing times considering the game literally gives you travel times (A - B = C). It's in that regard much less intrusive than the mass recruitment tools that have been in the game for over a decade now.

Will it make the game easier? I seriously ask you how this will make it any easier? Learning players will have a little less to learn and be honest with yourself: the people that can snipe you every time now, will still snipe you every time if it is included. The key factor is often the amount of time someone has on their hands and how well they plan things out.

0s0speedy

The mentor system is flawed sometimes. I've played an old account i have that got mentors and not one of them actually offered me game advise let alone scripts.

But thats not saying there isn't a small community of reliable and genuine mentors who don't do it for the achievements.

SpartanGrimReaper

too all those whining about skill of the game i will say this skill adds up to 0 if your not on your account to use it the biggest down fall of any account is inactivity I have seen the most skilled players fall because they simply were not online to press the button at the right time so add the feature I say if they can snipe you time to take your proness to the next level if you can snipe then you can also anti snipe stop whining and be better.

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
The first thing I always do when I get a new Apprentice is to ask them if they played before and if so for how long. Then I go on to explain things to them such as sniping how to send fakes how to post for support in their tribe Forum exedra. I have even went so far as to post links to videos and such on how to snipe and I've sent over dozens of scripts to different apprentices just to make sure they knew how to do things. I explain to them how scripts work how to load them into the quick bar where to find the quick bar and how each script is supposed to be executed. Even after my apprentices graduate I still keep in contact with them to make sure everything is going good and to ask them if they have any further questions that I may not have answer for them when they were under my study.