Feedback world 103 & The Great Siege

DeletedUser44759

That's just ended a ten year plus ride for me, this is no longer the simple and superbly balanced game that was as much a classic as chess, time to return to civ and total war....just hope W99 lasts a good while longer, it's far from perfect but also just recognizable as they game I've loved playing all these years.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Can i ask why i think 6/7 of the last 10 worlds have been 1 speed?

Im not overly sold on this new world win mechanic either. There seems to be inherent bias towards core tribes (no im not referring to its physical location at the center of the map), is this intentional or not?

DeletedUser122448

this is no longer the simple and superbly balanced game that was as much a classic as chess ... (un)recognizable as they game I've loved playing all these years.
I actually mirror this sentiment. I think these new "features" are a symptom of the microtransaction-style changes that have taken tribalwars from a more advanced chess to a glorified phone game. And since the game is pay-to-win, they have to add 'fun' and 'interesting' new ways to win to distract from the fact that chess isn't a fun game if someone is bribing the gamemaster to have more pieces.

just my $.02

Deleted User - 10770065

giphy.gif

atmospherecf

I have an insane idea... how about we add 2 different races to the game.. each race having unique characteristics in the battlefield and economy..

DeletedUser122449

I have a bonkers idea. Scrap the gimmicks, roll back some or all of the p2w stuff (or just make less p2w worlds), advertise the game again so new players are encouraged to join, rebuild the phone app from the ground up so that it has the same features as the browser version and isn't generally terrible. I could go on but im 99.9% sure im wasting my time.

At the very least maybe you should run these new ideas by the players for feedback before implementing them. (maybe they did, idk)

Deleted User - 10770065

I know guys! How about you merge all the servers into one so it has a lot of players so it would bring a lot more players back to the game because a lot of players are playing again! Wow!

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
The way I understand the victory conditions basically sounds like a core tribe can point who're their way to 288,000 points then just hold the middle city at those 4 times each day and no other time in order to quickly gain enough influence to win. This world will literally take like 3 months to finish. To me it means that you don't have to have a certain number of villages (world dpminance) to win.

Can a mod please tell me if I'm wrong about the victory settings?

Big Macintosh

Reaction score
Agree with a lot of things on here. Welcome to W103...a world that me and several of my friends were going to join, but it looks like that might not happen now. Maybe they'll open W104 at the same time and make it a regular endgame world.

World will end too quickly, too complicated for lesser/non-veterans, the strategy and fun has just taken a nose dive, went into a tail spin, crashed into hillside, and exploded in a giant fireball.

This endgame should be scrapped...or scrap the world.

petemoss13

The following Premium Features need to be removed in order to make this a fair game across the board. It removes all strategy from the game, I started playing TW because of the strategy aspect but that is now gone.

Premium Features
- Building time reduction: Activated
- Finish immediately: Activated
- Building cost reduction: Activated
- +20% Production:Activated
- Trading with the merchant: Activated

As I read through some of the posts it appears that most are posting things similar to this post but I feel pretty certain that now that TW has got a taste of money with this P2W thing they will not change, money is the root of all evil. I do myself purchase PP but only to manage my villages, not to build them, if TW does not remove the P2W features the current worlds that I play will be my last worlds.

DeletedUser117086

Very disappointing end game settings.

And why so many speed 1 ? Gosh

DeletedUser122450

I'm sure, that Premium Features make to turn away from this game a lot of people
disbalanced, unfaire world, reducing the relative competitiveness of that players, who do not pay
tw is a wonderful game with a bold disadvantage

Last edited by a moderator:

mch123

Not going to waste my time complaining about the company, P2W, victory requirements and change for the sake of change/distraction.

I just want to point out that a 1 speed world is (probably) good for bigger worlds and competition because it allows the recreational players the time to actually learn and play the game. Yes it feels slow and boring to you veterans with lots of time and know all the tricks, but the alternative is a large portion of players who don't have enough time to play and compete effectively - and therefore they stop playing. As usual this is undermined by P2W but the logic still stands.

I wish this was the reason for 1 speed worlds but tbh, Innogames probably knows it makes them more money because people are impatient so by forcing them to wait on slow worlds they'll spend more money...

I'd be interested in a variable speed world though. 1 that starts fast but slows down over time.

DeletedUser97929

can you open w104 at the same time with a normal endgame and no 20% premium resource speed please

this endgame is too complicated i dont get it

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Can i ask why i think 6/7 of the last 10 worlds have been 1 speed?

Im not overly sold on this new world win mechanic either. There seems to be inherent bias towards core tribes (no im not referring to its physical location at the center of the map), is this intentional or not?

This part of the announcement would answer that question:
and travelling to them always takes the same amount of time
(meaning regardless of where it comes from in the world, it takes the same amount of time to get there. This means that no tribe has an advantage)

As for the question of speed 1:
We use speed 1 for introducing new features and server merges as they give us the opportunity to analyse stats and compare player behaviour to 'normal' worlds. As we have had quite a few of those recently the amount of speed 1 worlds has increased.

Usually we try to do 50/50 speed 1 and speed 1+. Unless something comes up, next world should have a higher speed.