Failed Vote Bot players/accounts.

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolone

Bot players/accounts.

Since year by year, day by day more and more players retire and soon enough we're gonna be left with just a few, I'm coming up with this idea.
To prevent quick closes of worlds and trouble some more until that.

(I don't know if someone else thought of it first, I didn't search.)

Make bot players & accounts guided by the server.
Make so many of them to fill up 50 or more continents like we used to play once in such conditions.

Here's how this would work:

1.) Bots growth and development are going to fluctuate in the same level of players. Both points (villages) & troops.

2.) It's impossible to conquer/attack them.

3.) For the reason above, they're going to be added a couple of months after the beginning of a world along with new barbarian villages expanding among them.

4.) Every time a player loses his last village, he will have a third option apart from restart and joining casual. That option is to continue in a bot acc. If he choose this option, a bot acc. is going to change name into player's name.
Then it's attackable and conquer free.
A bot acc. would be granted to him according to some features he had previously in the world (e.g. 20% down the points he had at his best stats.) to prevent late logged players from taking big accs.

5.) Once bots are added, internal conquers are disabled (no matter the settings of the world) for obvious reasons.
Also, from this point further, tribe changes and outside supports are blocked. You stick with your tribe. Like in an arena. So there's gonna be an announcement some days/weeks before they're added to warn the players to take measures.
These settings fulfilled, eliminate every "window" case.

Thus we have:

1.) Motivation for both losing & winning tribes to continue and fight some more claiming the conquest of the world.
Winning tribes are not losing anything. They already have the growth with the conquered enemy's villages and more chance to conquer them once (or twice? maybe more) again.
Eventually someone has to domain the world so bots are going to be limited to a number or expand in continents to some extent (boundaries).

2.) We prevent quick closing of servers. This will be a huge benefit especially to other country servers that are low budget.

3.) Fun lasts longer. We play our lovely game for a whole of a lot more, plus, to an advanced stage many current players haven't reach.

4.) Needless to say it will benefit innogames too with the whole prem system.

That's the idea actually.

A try out would grant us with an even better view, maybe in beta server.

Of course I'm open in discussion for the settings.
Feel free to state your objections, requests or suggestions to improve it.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
This idea is approved for voting. Good luck!

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't like playing against bots , the problem here is the community and it's dictators and the freedom the players have to be able to do within the game , such as back stabbing , spying , and arguing with each other , switching tribes , and some of the p2w features . This is what inno games needs to correct .

Provolone

Read more carefully the 2nd rule. You won't play against bots, only other players. Bots are there just to be granted to players once they're totally conquered, and only if the players would choose to. That makes it optional also, important.

arabela

I voted no, because there is enough cheating in this game already. Using a bot will make players actually wanted to be rimmed so the bot play for them. In the end, we will have only bot-players around.

Also, i am against forcing a player stay in the tribe he started. Some new players learn more if they try more tribes. Also, if they start in a noob tribe, but soon, they manage to learn the game mechanics and can be a recruit in a tribe on his level, he wont be ale to. He will be forced play in that tribe till end, even risking to be rimmed along with his noob mates that maybe log once in 2 days. Not rly fair, isn't it? Also, he might even harm the tribe spying for another tribe if you force him stay, So, better leave people freedom to decide what team to play in...

And the problems that Balian pointed out ...are actually a problem of individual characters not exactly Inno problem (spying, backstabbing etc...) Thos that are known as backstabbers or spies will not be recruited easy in future anyway...

Just leave the game how it is...

Provolone

Aren't you reading carelessly? I'm clear about everything you mentioned. Don't ruin the idea out of non meticulously reading.

Using a bot will make players actually wanted to be rimmed so the bot play for them. In the end, we will have only bot-players around.
This scenario is not even taking place. It's a "window" eliminated due to the change of settings at the bots addition.

Also, i am against forcing a player stay in the tribe he started. Some new players learn more if they try more tribes. Also, if they start in a noob tribe, but soon, they manage to learn the game mechanics and can be a recruit in a tribe on his level, he wont be ale to. He will be forced play in that tribe till end, even risking to be rimmed along with his noob mates that maybe log once in 2 days. Not rly fair, isn't it? Also, he might even harm the tribe spying for another tribe if you force him stay, So, better leave people freedom to decide what team to play in...
I mentioned that TW TEAM would make announcement sent to everyone's mail at the specific world, weeks before bot accounts are added so the players will be able to think of everything you said and decide which path they want to take for the ending scenario.

The bots will be added in such a time period after the world's opening.

Provolone

Allow me to provide you with more intel.

~ Bots are just accounts running by the system. Not you or me.
~ Bots cannot attack/support players of course. They are only growing fluctuated by some equations I mentioned. Nothing more than this. They're like a multiple imitation of all the players in their world.
~ Bots will be added to the outer continents, expanding for a long time. When the player comes to the choice of taking a bot account (means that it's no longer a bot, but the player's new acc. from now on running by him and only.) he would be granted a nearby bot so he won't be too distant from the world. and so forth for the rest players.
~ If conquered players aren't in the mood of continuing taking a bot acc. as their own, then there should be either:
1) A countdown of rejections of this option with victory to the 1st tribe at "0" of that countdown, so the winning tribe wouldn't wait longer without purpose, to conquer to the world.
2) A countdown of days with victory to the 1st tribe at "0" of those days for the same reason as in 1). or both in some way.

The rest I wrote to the first message.

arabela

I still dont understand why you want to add those if they wont help player by sending attacks or support on their own... Player can just restart at rim and grow...why need to take a bot village for?

Provolone

I still dont understand why you want to add those if they wont help player by sending attacks or support on their own.
o_ONow that would be unfair.:p
Player can just restart at rim and grow...why need to take a bot village for?
A player cannot just restart and grow when all the rest players are 1000 times his points. But he can restart and keep fighting face to face the enemy, with the bot option.
Okay, it's not necessary for the bots to be visible in that case but that's not the point.

DeletedUser118341

even risking to be rimmed along with his noob mates that maybe log once in 2 days.

Whats wrong with logging in once every 2 days? :p

This wouldn't work. You'd have to lock the world, because otherwise new players would be spawning surrounded by bots that they couldn't attack. Also, the players on the very rim would only have 1 way to expand. To then all of a sudden have a random player take over an account that was a bot next to him.

I understand the need to make worlds larger. But the only way to do this effectively is to merge servers (which as you say Inno seem terrible at), to wait for longer between world starts (I'm guessing Inno starts a world once the previous world starts declining rapidly in pp-usage, so this is unlikely to happen) to make the world settings better or to start advertising again.

W80 was 135K villages
W90 was 70K villages
W101 was 31K villages

Inno have no interest in keeping this game at a steady player base, let alone rebuilding it. Save yourself some hassle and stop pretending they do.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I vote yes for anything that makes worlds bigger. A simple AI to grow villages properly (aka not random like barbs) that continuously spawn sounds fun. Or you could upgrade them to be semi-sentient and attack/defend players. How hilarious would that be

Provolone

@eddiecesc
@Willow the Wisp

I said It's not complete and absolute yet, I'm open in discussion to improve it.
Should have taken the whole idea/thought into account and then vote responsibly.

Yes the world should be locked after the bot accs addition. No point for new players to join a world in its ending scenario, since they couldn't even join a tribe.

Soultaker1979

I voted yes. There are some options which might be changed, but as an idea is great. TW is in need of big worlds, otherwise will end soon enough.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
so based of rule 2... the bot villages cant be attacked/farmed or conquered for growth
that will ultimately remove the dominance win condition from the game
since no matter what you do they are always going to be there

if bots cant attack players and players cant attack bots why are they there?? it removes the need for bots to have troops and if bots can attack players then its a one way street that will ruin ODD and ODS stats making them pointless to reference

rule 4 in my opinion would ruin the game completely
if a player conquers/rims someone who has say 100 villages, they get to come back with 80 villages with troops already built (if reading correctly) - it essentially removes the effects of rimming a player
and to have 80% of a core account suddenly pop up on the rim would be a major disadvantage to new players and late starters alike

rule 5 so theres no internals, no attacking/conquering bots and no outside support... hmmm this removes diplomacy from the game completely since theres no real mutual benefit (tribes cant merge, allies cant support)

to sum up you are essentially removing:
diplomacy, defensive inclined players, ODD and ODS stats, the win condition of dominance and any chance of a player thats new or late joining a world

in exchange for:
less targets, less accuracy catching players using bots, more offensive attitudes and for new players to pay for pp just to stand a chance against core members that were rimmed but get back 80% of there villages

feels like your trying to kill the game
idea needs alot more thought

but i do have 3 questions:
1) why do the bots have troops if they cant use them??
2) how is it different to a barb having no troops??
3) how will a world end??

also my memory aint the best but the worlds used to be bigger due to Inno/TW advertising (TW was on every top 5 game list where ever you went it popped up now it doesnt)
and i think worlds didnt close as quick back then these days you can choose from 3-4 active worlds at any given time, back in the day you could choose from 20 active worlds

Provolone

if bots cant attack players and players cant attack bots why are they there??
They could very well not be there also. Like invisible. No big deal. We'll figure something out for the new barbs too. Perhaps new barbs would appear on the map along with the bots appearing only.
it essentially removes the effects of rimming a player
That is the desired at the time of the final war for the conquest of the world.
to have 80% of a core account suddenly pop up on the rim would be a major disadvantage to new players and late starters alike
I answered this above. No such scenario since there won't be any new players. Remember bots addition comes at the end of a world, when it should be locked to new players. Before that, everything is normal. (With the underlined, I'm answering some mindical troubles of yours below.)
rule 5 so theres no internals, no attacking/conquering bots and no outside support... hmmm this removes diplomacy from the game completely since theres no real mutual benefit (tribes cant merge, allies cant support)
Yes. There's no actual need of diplomacy at such time period of a world. By then, you're only fighting to conquer the world, and doing it by war, not by merging of tribes which is something we want to avoid otherwise worlds would close early again. A gladiator's arena, only one tribe stays alive. There shouldn't be many tribes by that time though, and if there are, diplomacy matters would be on fire right after the announcement for the bots addition.
1) why do the bots have troops if they cant use them??
They have troops so the player who takes control of a bot would be in a fair condition across the enemy. Otherwise he'd be just empty villages ready to be nobled.
2) how is it different to a barb having no troops??
Beg your pardon?
3) how will a world end??
Dominance. Worlds won't continue neverending. Read last sentence of the 1.) under "Thus we have:" & last 3 sentences of the message #7 on this thread.

HellLegion

TW don't need boots for this game, they just need to change the setting when you are loosing your last village to: -20% your previous points.
And for example i had 11k village and i restart with 8k... You find motivation playing this game by being big from big?
Motivation is when you do everything what you can to survive because will cost you your village and you don't wanna start from 0 because is hard.
Just think, you have 500k points and you rim a player with 1 village 11k. The morale is 35% anyway.. And guess what ! After you kill like 5-10 nukes to rim him, HE IS BACK WITH ALMOST THE SAME POINTS! do you play this game?
TW won't die as you are saying. They will reduce servers and make only 1 of they won't have the less players.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
This idea did not reach the required percentage of votes.