W97 Best of/Worst of

wibo08

It all depends on your front/safe situation, not the mention the pressure given on that same front. Tokahontas had clusters all around the map, with lots of opportunity to support tribesmates. Not surprising this active and sociable account has rank 1 ODS, and that for a long time already. Respect.

Gnomlandsecurity

The argument that being self-stacked giving you a reason to not support others in your tribe doesn't hold much weight. Toka account was self-stacked a majority of the world and ranks top 5 in ODD and Rank 1 in ODS. Several accounts high in ODD also have decent ODS stats.

Sure it does. You stated a generic ODS statement with no consideration of how all accounts were situated and how they operated. Especially as someone who is a Duke, and partook alongside in the north.

One situation I can present, since you want to mention Toka account.

I can count from twstats 89 villages that Toka got in internals. Regardless of front or back line. This excludes the current villages obtained from Alpha, or the times Toka recapped for any account on the front.
Gnom account 30 internals all total which is without the Heywood recaps we did. Even then for internals, Gnom acc had to bark up every tree to get some in the back line as the account was always primarily front line.

Might not be a big difference, but again that could be a difference of 59 DV's for all we know.

All situational; not some cookie cutter statement.

Deleted User - 10770065

Yeah it is pretty much situational. For example, my long term D was split amongst warlord, unluck3y and valour. If I had sent all my long term D to valour, I would of got a lot more ODS as he was hit more. So it depends on the activity of the frontline where you've sent your support to. But if you don't have any long term def sent in the first place, then it's all irrelevant and you're a selfish idiot :p

Gnomlandsecurity

But if you don't have any long term def sent in the first place, then it's all irrelevant and you're a selfish idiot :p

Or an account is primarily front line, is actively pushing, setting up new fronts, and progressing aka doesn't have troops laying around for long term defense sends :)

kleptos

Reaction score
Not taking any sides here as i dont know the whole story but gnom had the most “positive caps” as war points a couple days ago. I doubt that toka or osva have caught up yet

Gnomlandsecurity

Is that how you describe yourself?

Gnom account has been a front line account since before the IL war. K43 was never a stable continent. Worked great with CD and got things going early. So yes, that is how I describe Gnom account.
North account to have most ops against after Paul did his thing on Heywood was Gnom account. Entire ops we stopped at our clusters for minimal losses and only then Gnom support requests went out for temp supports. Support requests that clearly stated, "hey, need troops for about a week or two while our defenses rebuild to self stack again."
No long term def as we understood other regions needed that, which is fine. Not oblivious, just utilized our troops effectively in terms of self stack and travel distance. Or did you magically gift us a backline cluster that I missed?

Firing shots of discontent at own tribe members is how you know the tribe lacked teamwork. Yet you want to talk about Gnom's teamwork. Accounts played solo for most part and Thom steered the boat. To be petty at accounts that were never contending, but stayed to help the cause is pointless.

W is a W. Toka account did great and maintained things well.

Rav

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Why are you nerds all taking pot-shots at each other? Who cares about pixelated numbers, comparing arbitrary values is beyond useless. All that matters is that when a job needed doing it got done.

For the record gnom sent the valour account a lot of def when i needed it in the first couple of weeks after take-over. It helped a huge amount and was probably critical in ensuring that the account didnt take any meaningful losses. I mean if a few villages got taken in key areas due to not having those def troops the whole thing could have snowballed out of even my ability to control (unlikely but possible).

Is that very important support they gave at that time reflected much in their ODS score? No. Was it still meaningful and impactful at the time? Yes

These are the metrics that people should use for these 'rankings' rather than garbo stats that reflect nothing, use your brains.

The right troops at the right time in the right place is what counts. Nothing else.

Now pack it in or i wont step in next time to save the world if it degenerates into forum finger pointing and whinging

SergeantCrunsh

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think giving best defender to anyone but warlord/valour is just a joke. IL plan after annihilating ipod was obvious (read: probably too obvious) and what we did all world, me and chitwi hold half solo and make caps where we can while everything backline funnels south to where most of our strongest attackers where other then us 2. The valour/warlord accounts we thought we could break and then the war might have looked very different. Props to those 2 for stopping us progressing us in the manner we had all world, including over ipod at the beginning.

DeletedUser102250

I think giving best defender to anyone but warlord/valour is just a joke. IL plan after annihilating ipod was obvious (read: probably too obvious) and what we did all world, me and chitwi hold half solo and make caps where we can while everything backline funnels south to where most of our strongest attackers where other then us 2. The valour/warlord accounts we thought we could break and then the war might have looked very different. Props to those 2 for stopping us progressing us in the manner we had all world, including over ipod at the beginning.

I still cringe thinking about the mistake I made giving so much firepower to the south early on, thinking everytime they'd take advantage of it *facepalm*

Also I find it amusing people thought Revo defended well when that account defended pretty poorly lol

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

haha bless you. Im guessing you guys bought into Omars self inflated hype train? Wish i still had access to the valour account to find his old pms :D

DeletedUser102250

haha bless you. Im guessing you guys bought into Omars self inflated hype train? Wish i still had access to the valour account to find his old pms :D

Omar had nothing to do with our plans, I'd say it was completely my fault. I believed we could take the south, and a lot of OPs were planned around various account in the south, but time after time it seemed no matter who I planned an OP around and their promises of activity these key players were just never around to follow through, be it sending the nukes required, sending them within the land window, sending nobles on time, if at all, etc. The north also started off the war doing pretty well, even after IPOD was recruited, so I figured they didn't need as much focus since people seemed to be find doing their own thing.

DeletedUser102250

Not to be rude, but you did say: "If i had your front i could easily gain process."
And then i gave you my front, and you didn't get much progress yourself. Valour defended well, and was online almost 24/7.

What was the context of me saying that? Because you gave me villages just behind my front, which was very helpful, but I had originally wanted that area at the beginning of the war, not near the end lol. Also it's not like I can solo, but I do believe I would have done better if I had ran more OPs with the focus around myself instead of some of the other south players. I'd assume you wouldn't know because you joined later on, but I've only ever ran two OPs around my own acc, one which went decently well and another that went terrible because COTD decided to be an idiot.

Ur nukes were usually fine u never sent nobles tho

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that was the #1 reason for our troubles lol

wibo08

What was the context of me saying that? Because you gave me villages just behind my front, which was very helpful, but I had originally wanted that area at the beginning of the war, not near the end lol. Also it's not like I can solo, but I do believe I would have done better if I had ran more OPs with the focus around myself instead of some of the other south players. I'd assume you wouldn't know because you joined later on, but I've only ever ran two OPs around my own acc, one which went decently well and another that went terrible because COTD decided to be an idiot.
Yeah i realized that too, which is why i deleted my comment a few minutes later. And cotd, yeah...