Implemented Another tiny worlds problem

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rubberduckyzilla

As we all know Tribalwars player base is getting smaller and smaller. When I first started playing, 2 worlds would be released at once to compensate for the large player base, joining one would usually mean you would not be allowed to join the other unless your account was deleted on that world.

Continents used to be fought over around 85-95 of the 100 max Ks. Here were my 2 favourite worlds to play:
W28
8913D142-4D05-43D8-AE27-4EB46614BE6E.jpeg
As you can see 3 continents on each corner in the world was not played in, this is full world full scale warfare, 12Ks in total was not played in, meaning 88 had action.
Here is another example.
W64 A28793B2-3AD9-48E1-B08F-53C96916D692.jpeg
This isn’t as full scale, but it isn’t far off, maybe 84Ks worth of action. This was only 36 worlds later!

If you go to play today, a new world for instance will have the 4 starting continents and the overlog of rim tribes will take the start of the surrounding Ks.
See my example of W100
32FAEFA9-A0FC-4EC3-8291-F6EDEEE6582B.jpeg
36 worlds after W64, yet instead of 84 continents being filled we have 12 continents being played in. When and where did this playerbase shrink so low? And what can be done to combat it?

During them times worlds used to last for years, now the lifespan is incredibly reduced, usually waiting on the allotted circumstances of winning the world to come into play(ie: the world must be at least 180 days old). This are entirely my own opinions and I understand a new playerbase cannot be magic’d out of nowhere.

My original idea would to be create somewhat a slower world. At start up instead of being placed 1 block away from another player,
Ie: Snippet from 104CD88872D-D549-4888-8F6A-2B5A723F2E8E.jpeg
to have some sort of limit, ie every player has their own 10x10 or 15x15 to themselves therefore spacing everyone out and meaning more Ks have to be ‘rediscovered’ and taken over. You might be thinking wait, this world is going to look really empty and the competitivity has just been thrown out of the window? Now this is going to probably trigger a lot of you how to fill in these spaces? The easiest answer would be barbarians. So to reitify, every player has their own 10x10 or 15x15 to spread the world out more. Yet the normal amount of villages still spawn in them blocks. This being just barbs. Will this turn everyone into barb noblers? Probably. Will it making forming a tribe and holding a decent spread more difficult, of course. In the instance a player decides to noble into another players 10x10 or 15x15 instead of taking a barb as their first conquer, that would be interesting, it’s just high risk high reward at the end of the day, but usually I suspect if a world was to open like this, fighting between players would not occur until players have maybe 5-7 villages. It would create a newer aspect that we aren’t used to at the start of a world. Ie: I did this on my iPad in 4 seconds so don’t judge :joy:
1AE47AFA-2A37-45A4-80F6-E2CF72AF2829.jpeg
Red being players and white being barbs.

This me entirely throwing shots how we could have a world bigger than fighting over 4 continents.

For those who cba reading everything above:

World start up: everyone spawns in their own 10x10 or whatever other size is best suited to this. Barbs fill the remaining gaps.

People will be forced to noble barbs and noble towards tribemates if they want to create a tribe or something to be reckoned with.

Fighting probs won’t start until players have 5-7 villages and then everything will be real interested. The quicker people fight the higher the risk and higher the reward.

This is just a concept and I’m sure someone how work on this and throw improvement out there. If a world like this was made it would probs be best that it isn’t PP orintated so people can beef up their barbs and get a 40k advantage over their neighbour.

Throw some ideas and constructive critisicm in there.

I’ll be looking forward to see people’s ideas.

Ducky

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
This idea has been approved for voting.

Good luck!

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I'll vote for anything that makes world sizes larger. Idk why inno dont just increase the ratio of barbs spawning per player. Easy fix and bigger worlds, probably take them like 5 seconds lol

DeletedUser122673

I love the idea of having more barbs around each player and having players get a bit more space to start off with instead of having 16 different players within 30 minutes walking distance from them.

Support.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Norway did this on No18 (world 18), the world reached 80k villages (the usual was 10k), it was probably the most competetive and fun world norway has had since world 4.

We also had 400ms limit (was fun actually, so much mindgames to make trains work)

Yes there was many barb noblers, but a LOT less than you would expect. Newer players got to learn the game as the world was big enough for it and farming was easier making it more competetive for everyone :)

So this idea worked really well once, I think it will be very good on .net :)

DeletedUser122735

Me and my friends have discussed this idea a lot, really think its a great idea! gives new players time to work out and adjust to the game rather than just getting farmed after 3 or 4 days and lets the worlds grow more.

rubberduckyzilla

So many aspects could be added in as a chain effect. New players will have a reason to play and attempt to learn without being farmed straight away. The world speed may need to be 1.5-2 to keep interest. But that isn’t up to me.

Creating a tribe will be the most interesting thing, specially if multiple premades start in the same K. A tribe trying to recruit the correct players which will be active and strive will be essential. As starting may not fight until players have 5-7 villages, in the case a player is inactive or isn’t the most skilled, if he loses control of the 10x10/15x15 he owned it could almost be like losing a frontline cluster during a war. Something that usually isn’t considered at an early stage of a world. Happy with the positive feedback. The whole 10x10 vs 15x15 or whatever inno feels will be suitable would be a good debate.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
would be nice if worlds werent locked from joining after a certain amount of time has passed

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
More barbs means more farming as well. More farming means that PP boosts become less overpowered in comparison. A big yes vote from me for more barbarian villages and more spread.

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm going to add this thread to my profile to try and drive more attention here to get voting going. (Currently rank 2 w104 so might help some)

None the less, I strongly support the worlds having more barbs and bonus villages.

Right now this game is strongly controlled by the players that know what they're doing, newer players don't have time to react, grow, expand, understand the basics. Allowing barbs to grow bigger and more barb spawns between players will drive online times. People will want to be online to continue farming, instead of sending a farm run out and waiting 3 hrs at startup for your troops to return because you've got more neighbors than barbs around you. Then you also have the chance that someone stacks your barbs around you.

The more barbs will give newer/unexperienced players time to learn, allowing player base to grow because if someone's doing good chances are they'll suggest friends to join. People that are at 1 village and their neighbor has 3 villages aren't going to call their buddies and say "Found this amazing game, I'm surrounded by 3 people way bigger than me you should join too!" people suggest others to games if they enjoy them and people enjoy winning. People capping villages makes it feel like they're winning.

Yes the world speed will need to be raised along with troop speed to make it more accommodating not many people are up for multi-year worlds anymore. So taking the basic concepts off of a speed world would be the ideal method. (Little faster building speed maybe around 3x even? Troop and movement speed increased).

While you're at it; increase bonus villages in the world, do pally weapons, throw a bonfire in the mix that's always fun. Remove prem exchange but keep the other prem features (reduced resource cost, building time)

Make a TW world for the people. Not the preset algorithm that y'all have and assume works due to it driving most profit (w105 prem exchange is already filling not even a month in). Keep it fair, keep it even let new players learn and refer friends. Let joining late still be acceptable; as they'll be able to barb munch and cluster to have that chance of growing and winning still because their neighbor isn't 50k already.
More barbs/bonus villages the better.

~Babin