Dragu Times!

DeletedUser92119

I think things have changed a bit since last update. About time to get post an update on top 10 tribes and a k- wise analysis

You make a great point. Maybe right after the holidays.

DeletedUser92119

It's time for our holiday special! Let me just say, the start of this thread was my first ever blog, and I was a little nervous that it would not be well received, but you guys gave me such a warm and positive response that I would be honored to continue doing this until someone more qualified comes along. Okay now on to the good stuff.

Wowee have we got some exciting news to discuss today. First and foremost; we have a new king! Kick has unseated Death as the reigning champs. This is due to heavy recruitment efforts, as the largest of ~TB~ has now joined Kick. I should have waited until the K analysis but I just couldn't wait! It is always exciting when power changes hands, as it means our world is alive and interesting. And this is coming from someone who was a BIG fan of Pizza early on. Anyone who can reach #1 with only 3/4 of the members as the other tribes competing against them deserves some love.

Now we have the fan favorite-the interviews! Let's hear what the leaders of our world have to say about the changes since our last edition!

I kept these related to changes that have occurred since the first blog, so if I didn't invite you for an interview it doesn't mean I no longer love you it just means not much happened with your tribe since last time.

First up is Death, as I interviewed them BEFORE they lost their #1 spot.

Interviewee-Glanne

Q: Let's get right into the thick of it-Your tribe has been top dog since you started out, but there are some warning signs this might not be true for as long as we all thought (myself included). Kick? members are rising quickly in your K, and have posted reports on the forums of your members attacking them with spearmen. One of your top players, Saint Laurent, just left to join the newly established PTV! My question to you is, what would you say to the players asking if you will survive long term? Are you nervous about your tribe's future? Or are these minor setbacks in an otherwise long reign as #1 tribe? Our viewers would like to know!
A: Dont remember if I said it last time we spoke. Our tribe is not made up of a big premade. Nor is it filled with experienced players. Some are sort of beginners one would say~ so for the spear thing, thats something we more experienced didnt have knowledge of before it happened. Like all tribes, theres always a couple who doesnt know everything but that's 1 of the beautys in this game. You can teach new players how to play making the game more competitive! That said Kick is definitely a tribe to watch out for. We have traded a few blows but im not overly worried. Its going to be problematic for us to defend since we are spread out, but at the same time they have lots of players closer to the mid and its going to be difficult for them to expand in the same way we can. A few of their players are in the wrong K aswell. We knew that Saint Laurent was about to leave us. While its nice to top the chart, his positioning was useless to us so I dont see it as a loss. You could say we've hit a few bumps along the way but every tribe does so its just to move on and push harder :)

Q: What inspired the image rebrand? I myself am very fond of Pizza....especially pepperoni, so why Death?
A: As for the name change. Pizza was just the first name that popped up and it had no meaning or connection to the tribe. We on the council wanted the name to fulfill 1 of two criterias. 1 Being either inspirational to the tribe, something we could maybe relate to like for example V1K. Other being something we could build a theme around like in war declarations etc. Since we're not a premade it was hard to find something to define us and we all could relate to so we chose the other.
We had a survey and the tribe members got to vote for a couple of names. Death is what we came up with.

Q: Since one of your members has joined them, I would like to know your thoughts on PTV! Are they a tribe to watch out for? Or will their fall come as swiftly as their rise?
A: PTV! Ive had my eyes on them since they started. They are probably 1 of the top 5 tribes on this world. If they get to expand freely we will see them in late game for sure! Im kinda relieved they are not in our K
1f602.png

Something to note-I was going to reinterview him after he lost the #1 spot, but his answer to my first question almost directly says he anticipated that to happen as his members are somewhat new, so I don't think I would have gotten a different answer the second time around. In a time where everyone has years of experience, it is actually kinda refreshing to see a tribe full of newer players hold the rank 1 spot for as long as they did. And they even managed to noble a villa off of Kick after they lost one to them. So, the fight in them is long from over, in this reporters humble opinion!

Now let's hear from their competition, the new leaders of w105!

Interviewee-Attitude Adjustment

Q: You are another tribe that has risen in the ranks after our first blog, which makes you a topic of discussion. You were in the k with the #1 tribe in the world, and still you decided to give it a go and look at you now! 50k points away from taking the continent dominance away from them. How did you rise up so quickly with such heavy PP spenders so close by?
A: First of All most of the top players used pp to get there but the question is can they back up all the investment, thats were it will get interesting I never really look at it as top points i was just recruiting to expand are graph on the map.. It should be interesting in the next few weeks with all these non pp players start getting into nobles and there is alot of smaller tribes rising up in the area.

Q: Speaking of Deathly Pizza, what are your thoughts on them? You are quickly rivaling them for k45 dominance, and some of their players are now leaving the tribe to join other tribes. Do you think this will continue? Or do you think they will pick themselves up and continue to be the #1 tribe for some time?
A: I think Pizza Pop have some talented players but we all got those tag alongs that shame us that we didnt notice.. Should be interested to see how this sharing a k will work in the future it just might make things interesting.. All i know is my guys should start to blossom now

Q: Do you think there are any other tribes in k45 that are worth noting? Or will you and Death clear most of them out before they have a chance to grow?
A: There is other tribes in the K? JK..... I dont really know what dont future holds or actually ill be honest (none of youre business Lol)

Interesting stuff! He surely is confident! Only time will tell if it is justified.

Next we have the new leaders of k54!

Interviewee-.SAO.

Q: When I first started my blog, UI was dominating k54 with a bunch of family tribes trailing behind them, and not much competition in sight. Now most of their academies are gone, and you have taken their #1 spot! What do you owe this most recent success to?
A: I would say a few factors cover this question of yours.
We have been quite Successful at the start of the world because we are a band of brothers I would like to say, building a common project since day 1. With equality and good drive to motivate us all to work as one team.
Another factor was once the world was started, us council in the tribe decided to use the relocate item to our maximum benefit.. we spread ourselves abit and did it where players would be grouped in groups of 3-4players.. this worked out well as some of us are pushed further out to the rim.
I would like to see we have done a pretty good job at Deep analysis of the area and surroundings.
I’m not to sure what ui plan was with all their academy tribes was at the start. But I honestly think it was the weaker tribes coming to seek safety and free passage. But now ui have sorted this out allowing us some room to breathe, well for both tribes really.

Q: I have been told you have some sort of diplomacy with UI. Do you not worry that this will limit your opportunities to grow within your core? How will you find good nobling targets?
A: The world is still only new, both tribes are grabbing villages as quick as we can, still plenty to go around at the moment. But since we have nap with ui, things can be solved in a sensible matter further down the line. Growth, growth and growth is what the main concern is at the moment. As you all know this :p!

Q: Are you at war with anyone? Anyone you find to be an immediate threat to you?
A: No war at all here, we have not come apon any hard resistance yet. Only issue I would say is, a lot more people are playing defence at the start these days and that’s a pain for us offence starters.
All we would say is our k is our main concerns at the moment. With the nap with ui we can concentrate on things that matter!

I like this tribe. Full of good and fun members.

Now let's hear from their competition!

Interviewee-a.K.a elmoo

Q: When our first post came out, your tribe was #1 in k54, had recently been #1 in the world, and had many academy tribes to surround you. Now, some of those friendly tribes have disbanded, and 404 has taken your place as k54 leader. Do you think you will bounce back from this and once again reclaim your title as ruler of k54? Or do you think it was fun while it lasted but it's time for someone else to take up the mantle? Afterall, being the #1 spot in the world or a continent puts a target on your back...
A: Yes, we were 1st, I would say we all had some PP to spend and did it on the beginning, invested in pits and troops. After several capped villages, we have been waiting for more players to get a train so we can do our first nobling OP soon, which will probably boost us a bit. Also, some of our strongest accs are bit outside of k54, and we are sorting main tribe and academy tribe, to create only one active tribe. In other words, we expected this scenario, and there is less pressure, as you said, not being #1 :)

Q: I have been told you have diplomacy with 404. Don't you think this will hurt your growth opportunities? There are only so many high point villages to noble and they have many of them.
A: I didnt mention 404 above, to give them space here. Well, you think having diplo with another dominant k will hurt our growth, but I think the opposite. Im experienced player, and had various scenarios in the past. Once upon a time, we started early war against 2nd tribe on the k, and it was bad for both of us, since we were strong tribes, and just losing troops and nobles. I dont want to happen here, and I think 404 has great players as well, so we decided to have NAP for some time, to avoid early stagnation and to give space for growth

Q: What are your thoughts on any other tribes in your area? Anyone stand out as having potential to rise in the rankings?
A: Yes, there is one tribe which has potential to rise. Its Watch!. I think they are from Slovenia, or at least some of them, saw them before. They are part of ex 2+2 tribe with some extra recruitment. Regarding position, they can make nice cluster and spread in desired direction(s)
Q(b): The leader of the 2+2 tribes told me they were part of you, if this tribe has their members, does this make watch part of you as well?
A(b): He probably misunderstood something, or language barriers, but they were not part of us, neither is Watch. We just knew some of them from the local server, and that tribe was just "made for fun" as their leader said to our council, so we shared forums to spam a bit with them

It's interesting to me that both tribes that lost their respective #1 spots have said that they planned for that to happen. There might be some merit to this strategy, as tribes are always more willing to fight alongside you if there is a bigger and badder threat in the area. Food for thought.

Next up is the new leader of K55!

Interviewee-grave maker

Q: First and foremost, wow! Congrats on your recent success. Gang/Blood seemed to have k55 on lock and then here you guys come out of nowhere and dominate your area instantly! You guys are clearly a premade tribe, so what world are you from?
A: Thanks! I think we had been around during the first issue but were a little smaller. We are not a premade, just fortunate to have so many great players join in our area. I have had the wonderful privilege of playing with about half of our members in previous worlds, so it made it easy bringing them on board to our tribe knowing they are such great players.

Q: Since you are based in k55, what do you think of Gang/Blood? You are ranked 1 but both of their tribes together outnumber yours. Are you worried about them retaking their #1 spot? Or do you think your dominance is here to stay?
A: We think Gang/Blood are both great tribes and obviously control a large area of the K. Rank is never indicative of a tribe's strength early on so if they take back number 1 I am sure they would deserve it.

Q: You just stole one of Death's top players, Saint Laurent. He was very far south from the rest of his tribe but still, don't you worry Death will take this as an act of aggression and look to war with you? Do you think you could take on Death if they did declare? Or are they too far north for it to matter?
A: We did not steal Saint from Death. I won't speak for Saint but we have no hostility towards Death and hope they feel the same towards us. Death is a respectable tribe with respectable members.

Q: Everyone was talking about you guys on the forums when you first started due to your rapid growth and continued success. Expectations for you are high. Are you planning on living up to the hype? Or are you guys just here to have a good time?
A: Our rapid growth is due to our amazing members! I am positive as long as they are around we will continue to grow as we have been. I appreciate the hype and hopefully we don't disappoint!

I love how humble this guy is, especially being in such a highly ranked tribe. Idk about you, but I am definitely putting them on my "watch list."

I also interviewed the member who left Death for their tribe, to get his perspective.

Interviewee-Saint Laurent

Q: Hey man it's been a while since we last spoke. How are you? I saw you left Death and was wondering why? Deathly Pizza has been the top dog since they started so do you not think they will last?
A: Yes, It's been awhile, we're all good tho, you?
There are several reasons why chose to leave Death. For starters, the distance between us and everyone else. I think like, the fastest we could receive def (from closest player) would take around 16 hours. We also got told that we have to manage on our own down here when we first joined. I mean, I kind of understand that, cuz this world is so slow and why would anyone send their scav troops to me to stay their permanently? That would just slow down everyones growth.
Then we started hearing rumors that multiple tribes were plotting together to try take us on, I mean 2-3 tribes vs. 1 player... Thats when I felt that leaving Death is our best chance of survival. I scouted around my K for a tribe that have the same ambitions as me, and I was lucky to find PTV. (Want to add that I left after around 48 hours after giving the council are thoughts).
And yes, Death has many great players... Helped them recruit some as well x) I think they will dominate the K and I'm interested to see if they will expand south or west. Time will tell. They are pretty spread out, but I think they have what it takes to handle it.

Now let's hear from their competition!

Interviewee-lbanater

Q: When I wrote the first blog, you guys were dominating your area. Now PTV! has come out of the rim and dominated k55. Are you nervous they will noble west into your core? Or do you think you and blood will push them back into the cold dark abyss?
A: How do you know the relations between us and PTV ;) I think we all know who needs to be worried in this area XD

Q: We learned last time that you and Blood have different councils and are not strictly a family tribe. If PTV! does declare on you, do you think Blood will join in on the fight? Is a declaration on one of you also a declaration on the other?
A: We have a very strong allience in place and blood are not the only people involved and a declaration on one is a deceleration on all so all I can say is try it and you’ll find out who is part of this allience. Now the Christmas period is out of the way and we all have more time for the game youl see this allience grow and show we are here to stay we where the underdogs at the start of this been a new tribe but we have been in the top 10 since day one and where going nowhere without taking a few tribes with us.
Q(b): Interesting! Would you care to share more on who is part of this "alliance" ?
A(b): There’s only one way to find that one out ;) all I’ll say is team of 3 then another allience in war times who they are is anyone guess XD

Cryptic as always...but a quick search of the k55 rankings revealed the tribe I was looking for. The tribe "Scar" has "bros of blood" written on their profile so pretty safe bet we found our mysterious third in this love triangle.

P.S. shout out to all the gang/blood members who messaged me after the first post with such positive feedback. You guys are really good sports.

Now on to our continent by continent analysis!

K44
20rtk8.jpg

-L- has led this continent in points for most of this world. Their academy IDS has also always been close behind in the continent rankings. Echo has been quietly growing on the NorthWest rim, all the while gaining the attention of everyone on w105 due to some high profile names on the member list. -L- wanted to see what all the hype was about, and decided to poke Echo just for fun. Echo did not disappoint. They bit back hard. Since then, both tribes have stayed to their respective areas. Will they go back for round 2 soon? Time will tell!

As for misery, they have decided to pick a fight with UI. Mainly, one of of UI's members: I-AM-GROOT
Now, apparently there was some nastynotniceness over some social media account that started this quarrel, but it will be nukes and nobles that finish it!

Slav have been minding their own business in their little cluster, making it clear to both -L- and Echo that they want no part in their war. However, war might come to them just the same, given their strategic importance on the map in relation to the two larger tribes.

K45
2ia5the.jpg

I added Anger to the Kick family, as they are their academy tribe. As mentioned previously, Kick recruited the top members of ~TB~, launching them to the top of the continent and world rankings. They got the first noble off in their fight with Death, but Death has now also nobled one back, and BobOnFire assures me via discord that he will be nobling 15 villages tomorrow.

B@D@$$ already had a small but solid lineup, and then they merged with DI a successful tribe from w100. Now they are truly a force to be reckoned with.

Now for CN- A tribe not many have talked about yet, but is my personal favorite. Many of their members are leading the world in resources plundered in a day, which I like, and seem to have a good grasp on game mechanics. I am certain we will see some of their members in end game, even if the tribe eventually falls.

K54
112beon.jpg

UI has a cluster in the SouthEast on k54, and then another cluster in the NorthWest. This NW cluster is the group that is fighting with Misery. They plan to trim their fat and cut down to one single tribe soon.
404 has stated they would like to grow in peace for a time, so it appears we will have to wait to see any major conflict in this k.

The tribe I want to talk about is HLYWAR. I have had the pleasure of speaking to some of their members on voice and boy are they a hoot. Their leader is a great guy, who really has the respect and loyalty of his members, which as we all know a little too well, can be rare in this game. Definitely a tribe to watch, if not one of the top tribes to look out for.

K55
29f8gn7.jpg

Everyone knows PTV! They are the fan favorite for K55. They have their own thread warning us about them! haha What I personally liked was how humble their leader was while speaking with him, even though he could have filled his head with air after having a bit of early success with his tribe. A tribe is only as good as its leader, so I'd say this give a vote of confidence for PTV!'s future.
Gang/Blood remain confident that if/when war does come between them, they will use their superior numbers (in players and tribes) to overwhelm the enemy. Will this fear tactic work? Let's wait and find out!

X-Bow is led by someone very successful in w104. I even had the pleasure of trading blows with him while I was still on that world. If he starts to focus on this world, we should expect big things from his tribe.

Tudadar is an oddity because he is currently the rank 2 player in the world in a very small tribe. I wonder if he thinks he can take on the world by himself? Or has yet to see a tribe worth joining.

Global perspective (screenshot from auto-updating maps)
2ql98np.jpg

Here is the start of our newly formed world. May it grow from its seed into a mighty oak tree.
While it is too soon to say who could win the world, the tribes that have the most attention from the forums are Echo and PTV! My personal prediction is that CN and HLYWAR will do great things. If I'm right you all owe me a cookie.

This wraps up our holiday special. I hope you enjoyed it! Until next time, this has been Dragu Times!

Bippe

Reaction score
Good read. You were unlucky and got an answer from the 2nd coolest guy on the Saint Laurent acc instead of me. Let's hope I'm there to answer your questions next time.
Anyways, nice to see that blood and gang think they can take us. I don't think three tribes will be enough to beat us, but we'll see.

DeletedUser122868

Wow, things sure have changed since I played in 2009-10 on World 23. I really appreciate the communication and news available now. I am looking forward to World 105. This is going to be fun! Looks like a great group. TW has added a lot of features, too.