What?!?! You've got to be Kidding.

DeletedUser

Ok...this is in relation to Morthy's announcement that the W68 pay-to-win features are being installed in casual.

Anyone else think this is utterly ridiculous? Not only is it a horrible scheme which will destroy the game (I'm sure you've all already seen the petition thingy that's going around), but on the CASUAL world? For starters, I can't imagine that people would even be interested in it - I mean (no offence), being top of this world isn't exactly a huge thing to be proud of..so I doubt people would waste money on the idea.

Any thoughts?
(It's something to talk about, anyway, now that AngelicDemise [a.k.a. Lance Armstrong] has apparently decided to bugger off...)

EDIT: Ignore this, I wrote it, posted, and then realised a thread had been posted in the meantime. *Facepalm*

DeletedUser101547

can you copy paste this into my thread? just so we dont end up with two threads on the same thing?

no mod means we'll have to do it ourselves.

i quoted it for you. so just take this thread as beign closed until a mod can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105659

Inno clearly want it to be a feature (increases income, and they are a business at the end of the day). They've had to concede its unpopularity with the wider TW community, so will only be applying it in every other new world.

Casual world is not important enough to get any sympathy on the externals, - hell, we don't even warrant a mod on our own forum, so we can whine here as much as we want, nobody will listen or even notice. Also, it's a useful testing lab for Inno to see how the new settings will run.

That's my initial take on it, anyway.

DeletedUser105659

Post moved as requested.

Regard this thread as locked.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
New message... the thread is now open again.

Different story now that casuals have an end game hey. Suddenly co owned accounts and major spenders are on there in the lead by light years...LOL

DeletedUser81551

Are you a Casual hater? Lol

And whats wrong with co-played accounts?

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Are you a Casual hater? Lol

And whats wrong with co-played accounts?

Im a casual lover... All I play is casual accounts. Real worlds only feed some premium points. What I hate is that TW insist that a casual world needs an end game phase. Where the co-played fast growing accounts can eventually come and rape the poor guys that as simply plodding along for the fun of building things. Those co played boys get the real bully attitude and think that winning means eliminating the smaller guys. Instead of having festive gatherings with the small boys to help celebrate the fact that they did achieve domination. Whats the point of celebrating where the world is empty from people to admire the effective strategies of the 24/7 profiles. It is the glory hunting of the end game phase of a casual world that attract the co-played profiles to the detriment of the casual sole owners. So why do they have to open the starting village to noble attacks simply to feed the greed of the bullies? Take away the attack point gap...in the end... but leave out the start out village of the fools that really don't want to win.

Co-played accounts

TW is won by activity... co played accounts exist because of that. 24/7 activity is key to fast and consistent growth. So a sole player can never actually achieve that (24/7) especially later on in the world. He simply has to play with the children, sleep with the neighbours daughter and play golf with the friend who keeps his his wife happy while he's playing TW at the work office.
Split personality syndrome
- They forget alliance and friendship arrangements because only 25% of the profile was a friend.
- They block mail chats because they have a small portion of the profile that is probably a social misfit but the best TW limb.
- They usually change owners somewhere during the world and change from smiling nice guys to grinning gangsters.
- They cannot understand the concept that playing without wanting to win is not insanity.
- They end up running tribes and firing members with new tribe rules that suit them.
- They merge without the slightest bit of concern about remaining tribe members.
- They have no problem leaving their old mates in allied slave tribes knowing that those mates are destined to stay locked up in that slave tribe to the end.
- They change moods like they change the text colours.
- They can pool premium points.
- They have no feeling for casual play as it is not a concept that they understand or even want to entertain.
- With end game changes TW has made it possible for them to approach a casual world as a different start world only with the familiar ending style of a usual world. Suddenly there is some artificial gory to winning a casual world.
- Worlds used to have thousands of profiles with varying activity. Now they have fewer profiles with equally hectic activity. Casual worlds used to protect this history and the by gone playing styles but it is now ruined by the things of the future.

Newbys are not warned that these kind of animals exists on TW and only when they get eliminated by a super account do they realise that they wasted their time starting as a sole owner if they were hoping to win as a sole owner.

This is my suggested penalties for a co-played account to at least even it out on a casual world:
They should pay for premium items the same price X the number of owners. (200ppX4=800pp for a 4 person owned profile)
They should be entitled to only enjoy the win in the end for no more 6 hours a day each(24/4=6 hours max)
The casual worlds should have an enforced sleep time of 9 hours.

Last edited:

DeletedUser81551

How about you get a coplayer for yourself then? lol

Its not other's fault that you cannot get your ass a coplayer or if others don't want to coplay you.

And just for the record, Casual 1 was turned into a real world by the management team. The name of the world was retained cus I doubt they can change world name just like that. But it was a 'casual' world only by the name. In reality it was a real world. No point rule restrictions, no fake limits and no other possible way to stop me from mauling enemy's ass. Which me and my tribe did in an honorable way.

And a way of determining a winner is must in any world regardless of it being a casual world. Its a war game. And there is always a winner in every war.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't think you understand my complaint about co-players. I actually mean they should not be allowed at all on casual worlds. In fact they should not be allowed at all on any world. It defeats to object of a person wanting to play a game if your gonna be faced off against a machine developed to permanently exploit all the opportunities.

A casual world is announced to conquered players as a world where your startout village is safe and the attack gaps protect you from bigger players. This is fine however it should be noted that it is temporary only as the rules will be changed and then the bigger players will maul you and your startout village can be lost. All I am thinking is that at least his startout village should remain protected for as long as he is playing once the world settings change. In other worlds it becomes a village that cannot be attacked once tyhe world becomes competative. It will at least reward the poor fool for playing for 3 years...LOL. or at the very least there should be a new world opened and he should be allowed to immediately transfer his village to the new casual world.

DeletedUser122866

How about you get a coplayer for yourself then? lol

Its not other's fault that you cannot get your ass a coplayer or if others don't want to coplay you.

And just for the record, Casual 1 was turned into a real world by the management team. The name of the world was retained cus I doubt they can change world name just like that. But it was a 'casual' world only by the name. In reality it was a real world. No point rule restrictions, no fake limits and no other possible way to stop me from mauling enemy's ass. Which me and my tribe did in an honorable way.

And a way of determining a winner is must in any world regardless of it being a casual world. Its a war game. And there is always a winner in every war.

the only one thing that ruined the game is a co-players just to let you know .
I'm one of the co-players don't misunderstand me , but lets say that you have a tribe with 30 member ,every member have 1-5 co-players , that's around 100 player in every tribe , wars getting less interested day after day