Rank 1! One little trick experts DONT want you to know!

tribalwarz

315k xD

yeah i am not at that level yet but i enjoy my rank 1 at the start of each world.
the sad part is the market is already so dead here i doubt you can make that pp back anymore. you and tudadar both ruin the market like crazy, and i know from him that he stocked up hundreds of these 10% packages from the event. even now if you only sell like 10% of the res that you get from it in all villages you make 300-400% profit still.

someone need to summon george washington, hellosica or boorhong to bring back the market values to a good rate LOL
they are too fast now at 1k res per 1 pp... :(

While 315k may be a lot of pp and money, I doubt he is anywhere near those guys on german worlds, guy near me in first 5 days had 5 villages, and in less than month 100+ villages lol. On one of the worlds some guy claimed to have spent 2 million pp...
.Net is still playable if you have decent tribe and are very active, you can do good, on the other hand on german worlds if you are not rich don't even bother lol. I hope .net doesn't turn out the same way.

Timothy Mus

Tribe Mate of the Year 2021
Reaction score
While 315k may be a lot of pp and money, I doubt he is anywhere near those guys on german worlds, guy near me in first 5 days had 5 villages, and in less than month 100+ villages lol. On one of the worlds some guy claimed to have spent 2 million pp...
.Net is still playable if you have decent tribe and are very active, you can do good, on the other hand on german worlds if you are not rich don't even bother lol. I hope .net doesn't turn out the same way.

I saw that tudadar had 13 villages when i think it was 2 days left for the protecc be gone.

mattcurr

short answer: ~315k

It's really expensive to compete during the first couple weeks of the world. Premium exchange prices are sky-high due to always being empty. When I joined the world I think ragestyles already had ~600 points; I had to pull out all the stops to catch up. re-rolling books to get the perfect paladin, reducing building costs in the hq, buffing scavengers, etc. *Me Myself and i* gave me a literal run for my money to get the first set of milestones.

If you don't care about early milestones, it'd be much cheaper to wait a couple weeks for exchange prices to lower and the world to expand out towards K borders.
e.g. tudadar.

A good chunk of my points went into a stockpile of items for future usage (purchased during the limited-time horde event). If you thought the current state of affairs was silly... you ain't seen nothing yet. I'm just getting started :)

And now, for a daily breakdown. This was rather bothersome to put together - the ui for premium logs is awful. I had to build a tool to process some 350+ pages and get the data into something workable. There were about 18k entries. Enjoy.

pp-usage.PNG

The pp received from the exchange during the first few days wasn't from this world. I was still farming on en108.

edit: see a more detailed breakdown at https://cheesasaurus.github.io/tw/en109/pp-daily-breakdown.html
There must have been a broken event this world? Or is pp this broken now? I'd say normally rank 1 is much less than this and without some broken mechanic the time reduction spending seems out of wack. Please advise which is the case. I'm also working under the assumption that you didn't just over do the time reduction.

DeletedUser

There must have been a broken event this world? Or is pp this broken now? I'd say normally rank 1 is much less than this and without some broken mechanic the time reduction spending seems out of wack. Please advise which is the case. I'm also working under the assumption that you didn't just over do the time reduction.
The horde event's soft-cap on how many puzzles could be done was removed, turning it into a pure item shop with a lame minigame in the way.

The shop was selling unlimited 10% res packs at ~164 pp each.
And flag boosters (think coin flag).
And items that permanently buff warehouse + market.

Besides the obvious pp-rushing warehouse+market, I'm a troopwhore. So I pp-rushed rax+stables+smithy to get spears+hcav going.
If somebody were to catapult my warehouses, that would be a serious problem. So I pp-rushed farm and filled up troop queues to last quite some time.
I also built mines to fall back on - which are quite slow to get going. Aaaand more pp-rushing. Not insta-build - that's too expensive. But still shaving off a ton of time.

Math Debator

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the attack of the Horde event has flat PP costs, so you can spend pp once or 10k times and each time it is the same... basically unlimited respacks if you are willing to spend the PP. 4000 Gideons for a 10% fill, and at 1250 Gideons per 66 PP spent you can do the math, works out to be approx 200PP for a 10% fill in every warehouse.

Edit: Sniped by Cheese

DeletedUser

Attack plan: 8pp
Scouting a slot: 10pp
New puzzle: 2 attack plans = 16pp

There's 5 slots. If you scout each one that's 50pp + 16pp to start the puzzle. Which would be 66pp. But simply scouting isn't enough; you need to attack to finish the puzzle, which costs 8 more pp bringing it up to 74pp to finish a puzzle.

Finishing a puzzle on the first attempt rewards 1250 guidons.
4000guidons * 74pp / 1250guidons = ~237pp per res pack.

If you can't bear to grind through such a mind-numbingly boring minigame several hundred times, I guess this is reasonable.
However, scouting everything is hardly the most cost-effective approach.

On average it takes 4 attempts to complete a puzzle. That's 4 attack plans, plus 2 more to start the puzzle. = 48pp to finish a puzzle.

Finishing a puzzle in four attempts rewards a total of 1175 guidons.
4000guidons * 48pp / 1175 guidons = ~164pp per res pack which is 44% cheaper.

IMO the scouts should only be used as a last resort: if you get down to 1 or 2 slots and didn't eliminate enough units to guarantee finishing it in 2 more attempts.

mattcurr

The horde event's soft-cap on how many puzzles could be done was removed, turning it into a pure item shop with a lame minigame in the way.

The shop was selling unlimited 10% res packs at ~164 pp each.
And flag boosters (think coin flag).
And items that permanently buff warehouse + market.

Besides the obvious pp-rushing warehouse+market, I'm a troopwhore. So I pp-rushed rax+stables+smithy to get spears+hcav going.
If somebody were to catapult my warehouses, that would be a serious problem. So I pp-rushed farm and filled up troop queues to last quite some time.
I also built mines to fall back on - which are quite slow to get going. Aaaand more pp-rushing. Not insta-build - that's too expensive. But still shaving off a ton of time.
So broken event. Normally I think to answer some of the people's questions 10k-40k for rank 1 pp top 10 to maybe top 5 no pp

DeletedUser

So broken event. Normally I think to answer some of the people's questions 10k-40k for rank 1 pp top 10 to maybe top 5 no pp
That might've been the case several years ago. But I don't think so anymore. The event wasn't running during the first couple weeks. When was the last time you played?

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
too bad its the only event in the game that works like this xD

the diminishing returns of the current event is nuts, its the complete opposite of what you get out of your pp

DeletedUser

I wanted to do it within a month, but I've failed again. Took me an extra 2 days :'(

500k.PNG

Michael Corleone.

do people even realize cheese was tw staff for ages so he got hella PP to spend lol

anyway this thread has been a fun read and more entertaining than anything on tw in the last 2+ years.

w80 final tw world. hate to see it

Total Carnage

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
do people even realize cheese was tw staff for ages so he got hella PP to spend lol

anyway this thread has been a fun read and more entertaining than anything on tw in the last 2+ years.

w80 final tw world. hate to see it

BEN <3

Best tribe I was ever in. Good we won

DeletedUser

you get pp for being a staff?
You used to; not sure how it works now. It was seriously negligible though. If you're looking for a quick way to make pp you'd be better off picking up a part-time side-job at mcdonalds or something similar and quitting after a few days. That'd afford you more pp than years of volunteering.

also, @cheesasaurus do you still document your pp usage?
Sure, I just build a report based on what's available from the in-game logs. Here's an updated one: https://cheesasaurus.github.io/tw/en109/pp-daily-breakdown.html

DeletedUser111351

You used to; not sure how it works now. It was seriously negligible though. If you're looking for a quick way to make pp you'd be better off picking up a part-time side-job at mcdonalds or something similar and quitting after a few days. That'd afford you more pp than years of volunteering.

Sure, I just build a report based on what's available from the in-game logs. Here's an updated one: https://cheesasaurus.github.io/tw/en109/pp-daily-breakdown.html

mans going to be turning a pp profit soon