§8) Selling and Buying of accounts and ingame objects

Izzy Stradlin.

Why are the highlighted parts rules? I don't understand those rules, players should be able to do what they want with premium

§8) Selling and Buying of accounts and ingame objects

It is not allowed to play accounts for commercial purposes. It is not allowed to sell, buy or offer accounts or parts of accounts in exchange for Premium points or any other financial benefit in/outside of the game. Trades involving more than one game world are also forbidden.
Examples:

* It is forbidden to sell, buy, or offer accounts or any part of it (resources, villages, troops...) on ebay or any other medium.
* It is forbidden to offer resources for money or premium points in your profile.
* It is forbidden to offer or accept premium points for any Ingame service.
* It is forbidden to trade resources between game worlds (like giving resources on world 1 to get resources on world 2).
* It is allowed to offer your army in exchange for resources on the same world.
* It is forbidden to offer money or premium points as reward for attacks or support or to ask for payment in return for those services.
* It is forbidden to blackmail other players for premium points in exchange for not attacking them, or any other ingame advantage.

warandchaos

Still Going Strong
Just because someone in the real world has money, doesnt mean they should gain an unfair advantage against those who dont.
It would unbalance the game, and only the rich would prosper.

Soft Stuff

Contributing Poster
* It is forbidden to blackmail other players for premium points in exchange for not attacking them, or any other ingame advantage.
Resources are an ingame advantage correct as they help you grow

I have seen this happen many times

"Send me resources and i will not farm you"

If this happens are you break rule $8?

servy

Resources are an ingame advantage correct as they help you grow

I have seen this happen many times

"Send me resources and i will not farm you"

If this happens are you break rule $8?
Where in there is an exchange of premium points or an out of game resource for an ingame advantage?

(There is none, which is why it's fine.)

chipjeepcj7

Just because someone in the real world has money, doesnt mean they should gain an unfair advantage against those who dont.
Well said..:)

servy

that is what answers your question.

Izzy Stradlin.

How does that answer to these?

* It is forbidden to offer or accept premium points for any Ingame service.
* It is forbidden to offer money or premium points as reward for attacks or support or to ask for payment in return for those services.
If anything premium contests balance out the game, providing players who can't normally acquire premium a chance to do so. So basically his comment is the opposite of what would happen if premium contests were legal.

callum94

Rich people could get others to do things for them for premium points, less well off people however could not.

Izzy Stradlin.

Okay so that part does make sense, but why is it illegal to give away premium as rewards to tribe mates? It doesn't seem fair, I mean as long as we pay for the service, why should they care?

callum94

Because tribes with leaders that don't have premium or don't buy premium points would be at a disadvantage as most members would choose a tribe that could offer them free premium points.

Izzy Stradlin.

Most tribes offer premium contests, just very few of them are caught. Also many players will help out another player with premium if they have none. A premium contest does not mean everyone gets premium, you have to work hard to win the PP, and then only 1/100 guys gets it.

servy

saying that people are breaking the rules anyway is not a justification to break the rules, it simply means that people aren't doing their jobs of reporting the rule breaches they know of.

witheringxuponxlove

Most tribes offer premium contests, just very few of them are caught. Also many players will help out another player with premium if they have none. A premium contest does not mean everyone gets premium, you have to work hard to win the PP, and then only 1/100 guys gets it.
Some premium competitions are alright...

Mimelim held one for world 8 forum-goers where he asked for them to create propaganda. A vote was then held and the winners awarded PP.

But then there are those that aren't...

Someone offers 10 premium points for whomever captures the most villages within a month from the tribe they're also attacking. It's well known that attacking as a team is better than attacking alone; so this would be viewed as hiring a team of players to help.

That's not ok.

Contests are judged on a case-by-case basis, and it's only really when the person paying premium points gets an advantage in game that there's a problem. That said, recipients also get banned if caught.

SlowTarget

Paying someone PP to create a script for you is OK - as scripts do not constitute an ingame advantage.

gothicmarty

/me cracks open Javascript Manuals.

Gimma a week, shall be offering scripting services hahaha

Loinir Longbow

So... is it legal to offer Premium Points to the member of my tribe who wins a contest? i.e. for creating a banner for our external forum, conquering most villages in a certain time, and so on.

Thanks!

servy

/me cracks open Javascript Manuals.

Gimma a week, shall be offering scripting services hahaha
problem there is you need to find someone willing to hire you for something and you need to be good enough that nobody else would be able to make the script.

servy

So... is it legal to offer Premium Points to the member of my tribe who wins a contest? i.e. for creating a banner for our external forum, conquering most villages in a certain time, and so on.

Thanks!
Wow, you really should read topics before replying; it makes you look bad when you don't.

k9burn

Which of these is considered legal/illegal?

1) Tribe leader giving pp to the top 10 players of the tribe. The leader never advertised he would give them, it was done after the fact at an arbitrary time decided by the leader. (He/she wanted to reward the active members).

2) Tribe leader giving pp to tribe members to write scripts/external TW tools (legal ones of course) to assist in the success of the tribe.