15 Tech

DeletedUser

If you use only hc and rams you can have all of your villages be defense and offense villages, and save a lot of res because you only need to upgrade 2 units!

Would ofc be worth researching lc for farming in start up though!

Go home Openeye you're drunk

twenty-five

Go home Openeye you're drunk

Actually the best successes I had so far in this game came from pure hcav offenses.

Easy calculation: If I have 50% villages with 7000axe/3000lcav/250ram and 50% villages with whatever defense in it I can use half my villages for offense if needed, but if I go for 100% with 3300 hcav/213 rams I can use all of my villages for nuking. The hcav offense have a 70% effciency compared to the axe/lcav nukes and the first scenario is defenitely better when you can use every offense the moment it finishes, but as time becomes less important in late game and troop start waiting in your villages anyway it becomes more efficient to send 2 offenses at 70% efficiency rather than one, if you are willing to take the vulnerability for the next weeks. Plus huge amounts of hcav make defense very easy.

DeletedUser

The problem being the pop size of a nuke is capped, so that 30% reduction in efficiency becomes cumulative.

DeletedUser

After playing (and currently winning) uk Classic 7 with 15-tech I have decided that these techs work the best for me and my style of play.

Defensive village techs:
Spear 3, Sword 3, Scout 3, HC 3, Ram 1, Cat 2

Offensive village techs:
Spear 3, Sword 3, Axe 3, Scout 2, LC 3, Ram 1 (swap sword level out for cats if you need them in your nukes).

DeletedUser57316

As long as the rest of your tribe does similar builds. Does not work out well if half the tribe has level 3 hc/sp and the other half has level 3 sw/sp in O villas.

DeletedUser

Ahh, If I have 0 HC and HC supporting, do they just defend at a lvl 1?

DeletedUser

Yep, not worth researching them in Off villages unless you are going for level 2 or higher.

DeletedUser

Why would it become cumulative to too much of an extent if you were being sensible and avoiding stacks?

This line of thinking makes the assumption that your opponent is less skilled than you. I believe it is better to create efficient strategies in a vaccuum, and not reliant on the condition that "I should be able to avoid all stacks".

twenty-five

I'm the best, therefore everyone is less skilled than me. Seems to follow.

DeletedUser112257

After playing (and currently winning) uk Classic 7 with 15-tech I have decided that these techs work the best for me and my style of play.

Defensive village techs:
Spear 3, Sword 3, Scout 3, HC 3, Ram 1, Cat 2

Offensive village techs:
Spear 3, Sword 3, Axe 3, Scout 2, LC 3, Ram 1 (swap sword level out for cats if you need them in your nukes).

If you want to contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way you should explain why these builds are good rather than citing completely worthless experience

mattcurr

Come on now he's playing on(currently winning) the kids server(classic) of the highschool league version of .net(.uk)

DeletedUser111085

Are you the best because everyone is less skilled or is everyone less skilled because you are the best?

Come on now he's playing on(currently winning) the kids server(classic) of the highschool league version of .net(.uk)

I heard the hardest thing about UK server is logging in.

DeletedUser

Actually you have committed a syllogistic fallacy (your phrase is not in the traditional form because you have omitted the second line "no body is me" assuming the reader would take that as a given). Your premise "I'm the best" is an assumption, not fact. It does not follow, please learn how deductive reasoning works.