1800-ask-core

DeletedUser80956

Hmm that makes a whole lot of sense yarghhh. Then gotta vary the hidey hole for those other 2 and 4 point jumps i'm a guessin?

DirtyDishSoap

If I'm usin a mixed nuke I'd like to keep 200 rams and cats each. Just my opinion though.

DeletedUser

Im a bit confused as to why People make Axe Heavy Nukes, say for example:

20,000 Axes
200 Rams

In 1 Village, is there a specific defense that this will Clear out or what?

M3dive

some build a few such nukes to use them in especial villages that has unbalanced defensive troops (example :15Kspear Fighter + 5 Swordsmen )
I usually build one or two nukes with higher Axe Fighter ratio (11K axe , 2000K LC , 225 Ram ) and mix it with my pally weapon (Thorgard's battle axe)....

DeletedUser

20,000 Axes
200 Rams

I know axes do better with spear def,
like Mounted archers are good with Archer def.
Like light cavalries are good with sword def.

But again in general I am more into basing it with the power of the general nuke. basically how fast it was built and its general total offensive power.

DeletedUser

20,000 Axes
200 Rams

In most cases you're trying to build nukes as fast as possible but if you have the time to build heavier axe nukes then go for it. An "standard" nuke will have 6k-7k axes but if you run simulations, decreasing the amount of LC in order to build 8k+ axes will do better in nearly every situation.

Axes offer the most offensive power per unit of population. Yes a LC has a higher offensive strength but it requires 4 population. 4 axes have a higher offensive strength than one LC. But as I mentioned, building more axes in a nuke will take a longer time to build which leads me to my question to you guys.

If axes will always be the limiting factor in building a nuke, why do you all confess to having relatively high workshop levels?
Even if your workshop is level 3 it will finish before your barracks and stable when building a nuke. Unless it is a specialized cat village or something there really isn't a reason to have it that high.

DeletedUser

In most cases you're trying to build nukes as fast as possible but if you have the time to build heavier axe nukes then go for it. An "standard" nuke will have 6k-7k axes but if you run simulations, decreasing the amount of LC in order to build 8k+ axes will do better in nearly every situation.

Axes offer the most offensive power per unit of population. Yes a LC has a higher offensive strength but it requires 4 population. 4 axes have a higher offensive strength than one LC. But as I mentioned, building more axes in a nuke will take a longer time to build which leads me to my question to you guys.

If axes will always be the limiting factor in building a nuke, why do you all confess to having relatively high workshop levels?
Even if your workshop is level 3 it will finish before your barracks and stable when building a nuke. Unless it is a specialized cat village or something there really isn't a reason to have it that high.

mostly for same point builds :p and if you for some reason need to fire off a nuke early at least it has the rams done

DeletedUser

Just as yarrrggghh said, it's a matter of balancing points. Aside from that, WS Never needs to be higher than 2...although 5 gives the additional benefit of not taking 3 days to build a couple extra rams to use for extra fakes on the fly.

Unless it's a cat factory, higher than 5 or 6 is completely pointless.

Rams? at least 250, no more than 300 unless you're looking for a wall buster, and those should be in limited quantities. Best built when you partially trash up a nuke and need to bust ass on the rebuild to get it back out the door. Kinda pointless for anything but long distance nukes, as your close ones should be put into play last to preserve quick strike ability (when hitting from long range, that is).

Speed is the key, though, overall. If it takes forever to build, forget it.

DeletedUser

By "same point builds" and "balancing points" I'm assuming you mean hiding your church villages? Its been nearly half a year since I played a church village but there is an easier way to mask those 14 points of a level 3 church than by workshop levels. Just lower the hiding place in your church villages to 6 and have it at 10 in all your normal villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I find it far more easier to make variation of points with different workshops and hiding places across my villages...so they all are with in 80 points but their builds vary on workshop level and hiding place level

DeletedUser

By "same point builds" and "balancing points" I'm assuming you mean hiding your church villages? Its been nearly half a year since I played a church village but there is an easier way to mask those 14 points of a level 3 church than by workshop levels. Just lower the hiding place in your church villages to 6 and have it at 10 in all your normal villages.

sometimes a lvl 3 church is not the best option. you can mask more then just lvl 3 with warehouse and hp

DeletedUser

Low level workshop+ varying the hiding place works just as well as your gigantic workshops.

DeletedUser

what about church villages? are they usually defense villas? and what about nobling if there is only 1-2 targets to noble? Is it worth building another church and only having one other village in its radius?

Sorry =P lotta questions.

DeletedUser

what about church villages? are they usually defense villas? and what about nobling if there is only 1-2 targets to noble? Is it worth building another church and only having one other village in its radius?

Sorry =P lotta questions.

For the first question, I would suggest using church villages as scout villages, that way you don't have to waste a few villages just to create scouts. If you are in trouble, of course your priority of stacking must be the church. Some have different ideas though about what should be in it but I believe more troops will be created if it was followed this way.

For the villages to noble, every village is important to noble, it may not be of a total use today, for example you would like to noble this player to create a church but only 1-2 villages to noble next since either its already in the rims or a vast blue sea is covering you, inactivity may pop up sooner on other player near and it may be of use later on.

I also would like to add in the research your neighbor thing, allie or not do the researching, so that you know what to expect. If you feel for example you cannot noble anymore in that area do to many factors, you could do long range nobling and find a cluster where you can grow more with more targets in the vicinity. That's hard to do alone and fair enough if you have a tribe backing you up.

DeletedUser

I find it far more easier to make variation of points with different workshops and hiding places across my villages...so they all are with in 80 points but their builds vary on workshop level and hiding place level
That will also get the job done although I've never heard of it that way :icon_razz:

I love these threads because for one, I like to hear how other people play (maybe pick up a trick or two or explain something to someone) but I also like to hear why people do what they do. I think too many players just play off of what they've been taught without thinking about why they actually go though those motions. Even if your reasoning is because you like it that way, that works for me :lol: In a game with a vague objective that is nearly impossible to win, who can say if someone is doing anything "wrong"

DeletedUser

I keep my workshop at lvl 2, it's enough for building a nuke really. Then in my church villages I have lvl 11 or something, to mask the church (that village is then scouts + cats, since scouts are cheap and build fast, I can invest more in the cats).

DeletedUser

I have used a 22k axe nuke(bonus farm village) with pally and battle axe once in this world with devastating effects, its really hit and miss if your using it, If you happen to hit a village stacked with swords and archers or the cat defense you just wasted alot of time making a nuke. Its the strongest nuke you can build but due to the very long build time I wouldn't suggest building them unless you know your not going to be at war for a long time.

I personally use my churches as all HC to support everything fast as they are in the middle of all of my villages, if their cleared just go back to HC and spears and kill off the spears if theres nothing that needs supporting. They feel like a waste of farm space so I send them out to every support request so that the village will at least be making troops all the time vs sitting maxed down a couple thousand troops.

I only make scouts in 1 village, that's in the middle of my cluster not supported by any of my churches, their really of no use other than finding what villages have churches cuz well scouting someone is like saying hey im going to attack you! so their prepared by being more active just become more and more useless as the world ages because the troops you scout are never there when u attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again, I like other's opinion about how they use the farm space of a church. More troops if its used for defence but also a disadvantage of less scouts is the vulnerability to be scouted without much effort. But of course it goes through situations, if you are in a vast area of blue that would be fair enough, defenses can be sent through fronts, helps through wars, less scouts needed. but If you are in a weird continent, more scouts is of course advised so that you can't be scouted off guard.

One of the tactics in a church setting is to hide your church no matter what. If they see it, specially in team ops, they will target it first, ruining church will make the others around vulnerable, that is a deadly disadvantage if for example you managed to broke in his first village or a level 3 church for that matter.

DeletedUser

So, Scout village if you want to hide it and HC/Sp for def. Would anyone reccomend a mix?

And for off. Villages Ive heard different builds. 6kaxe 3k Lc and 300 rams Is the best argument I heard. lc heavy cuz alotta sword heavy defenses. extra rams for fakes. What do you use as an all-rounder? I know people modify their nukes to a particular village.

DeletedUser

So, Scout village if you want to hide it and HC/Sp for def. Would anyone reccomend a mix?

And for off. Villages Ive heard different builds. 6kaxe 3k Lc and 300 rams Is the best argument I heard. lc heavy cuz alotta sword heavy defenses. extra rams for fakes. What do you use as an all-rounder? I know people modify their nukes to a particular village.

A few of us don't modify, we use scripts like mass recruitment and specific troop ratio of troops.

and since this is an archer world, using some Mounted archers are a must for me.

I don't reccoment a mix since for the reason you don't need to build anymore heavy scout villages at normal villages.

But this is an opinion/discussion/learning thread so we all learn from each other's strategies.