2012 Doomsday

DeletedUser3967

God i wish people would get over the swine flu. It really isn't that big of a deal.

If you have the proper health care then all you have to do is make sure you go when you get sick and you'll be fine. It only really affects countries that don't have the medicine most of the power house countries have.

Swine flu, IS BIG.

It's proven that it kills those with low immune systems. Once swine flu hits Africa and poor regions of Asia in quantity, many will die.

DeletedUser71940

Yeah then we're going to get milked by all the charities again, I can imagine it already:

Help the Africa conquer the international pandemic threat of Swine Flu! Many will die if you do not respond accordingly! Your £2 can mean a whole lot of difference between life and death, so please donate to us, call us on 118 118.

[Insert a picture of malnourished African child].

Nojthebrat

everything effects africa they manage to get hit and killed by everything bad in the world yet still manage to have the worlds highest population (yet still starving). when they get hit by swine flu they will probably get it alot worst then anyone else (swine flu is nearly a joke to are medical system in canada). But atleast we know they wont have any computer bug problems.

Y2k36 probably wont be a problem either because by 2036 most computers will be 64bit, alot of new comptuers already are, and honestly it takes a compaq to last 20+ years without being to damaged or just to useless and underperforming to toss.

DeletedUser

Olympics will be hosted in England and England will win majority of the events - that's a definately a doomsday :p

I know the host team usually does pretty well in the Olympics, but, come on, this is the British we're talking about here. :lol:

DeletedUser

everything effects africa they manage to get hit and killed by everything bad in the world yet still manage to have the worlds highest population (yet still starving). when they get hit by swine flu they will probably get it alot worst then anyone else (swine flu is nearly a joke to are medical system in canada). But atleast we know they wont have any computer bug problems.

Of course they still have a high population. It is the only place left were procreation for the survival of the species is really a necessity. :lol:

DeletedUser

Swine flu, IS BIG.

It's proven that it kills those with low immune systems. Once swine flu hits Africa and poor regions of Asia in quantity, many will die.

The flu in general is big. You mentioned places that don't have adequate medicine to fight the measles. Of course swine flu is going to be big there. I'm just saying if you go to the doctor when you feel sick like you should, your immune system can be low and you can still be saved. Its not going to affect medically capable countries like people think it will.

DeletedUser

The flu in general is big. You mentioned places that don't have adequate medicine to fight the measles. Of course swine flu is going to be big there. I'm just saying if you go to the doctor when you feel sick like you should, your immune system can be low and you can still be saved. Its not going to affect medically capable countries like people think it will.

People in europe have died though, started in scotland, and they have capable medical services though.

Kind of makes you wonder where it will hit next with the growth rate of this particular virus. But that's all it is, a virus, if it was a disease then we would be talking serious numbers.

DeletedUser

2012 Ill be sitting on my favourite chair, playing TW on me laptop and smoking a good cigar.

Nothing will happen. :)

DeletedUser

People in europe have died though, started in scotland, and they have capable medical services though.

Kind of makes you wonder where it will hit next with the growth rate of this particular virus. But that's all it is, a virus, if it was a disease then we would be talking serious numbers.

People everywhere die of influenza, even with excellent healthcare. There is no way to stop a virus without a vaccine other than to let the body fight it off naturally. Of course, the healthier you are, the less likely you will die from the flu. Thats why it is more of a problem in places like south east Asia and Africa. People just anren't as healthy as in Europe or other such places.

mvvm

i have always been intrigued by such discussion, and am very familiar w/ this topic, but i have always wondered what do ppl consider the end of the world to be?

for example, i do not believe that the mayans believed that the earth would be destroyed. since they were believers in cycles, i think they just viewed this occurance as a convergence of several astronomical events occurring simultaneously, resulting in the restart of all 4 of their calenders and the only way they knew how to describe it is as the end of the world, where the world is actually a cycle of astronimcal phenomenon

Pepper871

Supossedly, the Mayan calendar is ending in 2012, so this is a predicament of the end of the world, but if you look at it scientifically rather than supersticiously it is impossible, unless humans do something out of the ordinary, something more than just destroying the Earth through greenhouse gas emissions.

The Mayan calender ends, yes. But why it ends is the amazing part.

In 2012 all the planets in our system will be lined up with the sun and the theorical center of the universe. The mayans predicted that 100's of years ago right down to the date and scientists have confirmed that it is probable to happen and they have no idea what affect it will have on our planet (if any).

DeletedUser

The problem is people are treating the swine flu likes its the plague. I work in a BBQ restaurant and one day one of the employee's had a cough. Some lady threatened to call the health department because he "obviously has swine flu since he's coughing and is working with pork" i mean come on.. how are people that dumb.

DeletedUser71940

He obviously has swine flu if he coughes when in close proximity with pork :lol:

DeletedUser

I'd like to believe the theory of the end of the world.

Look at it like this, it would be the perfect opportunity.

1. The current global economy is in crises - would it be fixed by 2012? who knows.
2. The swine flu - it's spreading, by 2012 - it could have killed millions.
3. The Mayan calender finishes.

There are several theories and all indicate something is going to happen in 2012.

But.... it's all based on theories, no fact.

Also all of the planets are lining up.

mvvm

The Mayan calender ends, yes. But why it ends is the amazing part.

In 2012 all the planets in our system will be lined up with the sun and the theorical center of the universe. The mayans predicted that 100's of years ago right down to the date and scientists have confirmed that it is probable to happen and they have no idea what affect it will have on our planet (if any).

The Roman calender (I assume you use this calender) ends Dec. 31, every year, but no one thinks this is amazing, you just start a new cycle

The events that will occur, this is not a prediction but a fact, include the sun changing rotation, the earth's wobble shifting, "cosmic" syzygy and a host of other phenomonon; this happens ~50k years, so for a planet 5Byo, its happened many times already

The mayans were simply able to discover these cycles, and im sure other lost civilizations had done the same, but no [confirming] records have survived, funny thing is, we may not have known about the mayans either if the spanish had had their way back then

DeletedUser

Maybe every ~50K years is when we all evolve? Every 50k years it happens!

Thats why no records were found because they didn't speak human back then :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Maybe every ~50K years is when we all evolve? Every 50k years it happens!

Thats why no records were found because they didn't speak human back then :icon_wink:

in this case.... i want wings >.<

DeletedUser

The Mayans have predicated many thing. I dont rember the specfics, but i was watching The History Channel, and the Mayan calendar in some way predicated 9/11, The coalition forces invading Iraq, and other significant dates. I know The History Channel is trying to point to it ending and all, but it is convincing.

Edit: I think they predicated HThe whole Hitler thing too.

It wont end, IMO, but who honestly knows..no one.